Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:50   #6001
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

On a recent visit to the Panasonic store with a friend who wanted to look at the 2012 Plasma range, I picked up a copy of the 2012 brochure and sharing here the Plasma range. For those of you considering these, it can definitely help with high level comparison and number of glasses included, etc.
Good thing this year is that 2 glasses are included unlike last year when it was just one and we had to bargain to get another one as part of the deal.

*I bought the 2011 Panasonic Plasma 42ST30D in March this year and this forum helped me in making the decision
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-pana-2012-plasma.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Are you sure? I thought even UT50 had a single bundled. I got 2 glasses free for UT30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
any pointers for best prices in Mumbai for : Pana 42XT50D and a bit stretch for 42UT50D. number of glasses bundled ?
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:09   #6002
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Let me share. After generating lots of internet traffic on my laptop and suffering lots of traffic on roads in my Xylo, finally, today afternoon purchased Pana 42UT50D, took self delivery.
one 3d glass as bundle was provided separately (not within box) and I purchased two additional ones. Model: TY-ER3D4MW

note for 2012 models: 42" (XT/UT) comes with 1 glass, 50" (XT/UT) with two glasses. ST and above series gets two glassed.
as per dealer, a lot of people recently buying xx30D (2011 TV model) got two 3d glasses - just to exhaust both the stocks.

glasses of 2011 (IR based) models are different with 2012 (RF based). and so 2012 glasses don't work on 2011 TV models!
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...wear/asia.html

Pana MB1500 MFD (laser bw printer + scanner + copier) is on offer by paying extra 2K - I will confirm this offer once the Pana guy comes home for install/demo.

some info on this MFD: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/KX-MB1500

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th September 2012 at 11:30. Reason: As requested
Old 24th September 2012, 10:54   #6003
BHPian

i did refer to the attached pdf for 2012 panasonic plasma range comparison from hifivision forum.
sharing it here for easy reference.

source: http://www.hifivision.com/television...ma-models.html

PS: hoping that this falls in valid attachment category. if not, please ignore this reply.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Panasonic 2012 Plasma TV Comparison.pdf (68.2 KB, 1460 views)
Old 24th September 2012, 12:10   #6004
BHPian

People suggest me a good LED with Full HD Support of 32inch TV, I have a budget of 30-35k.
Old 30th September 2012, 22:35   #6005
BHPian

T-BHPians, need advice.

I have a peculiar situation which is severely restricting my choice of tv. Which is - the backup power at my apartment complex is 250W per flat.

So, I really really want to buy the Pana 50UT50D, but its rated power consumption is 330W.
Question - Is 330W indeed the normal operation power consumption?

Does the above situation mean that I'll need to go the LED-lit-LCD way?
But, 50" LED-LCDs full HDs are almost unaffordable.

Question - which is the cheapest 47"-50" full HD LED-LCD? Does it have a 3 year warranty?

(viewing distance 14 feet)

thanks.
lazy.
Old 1st October 2012, 10:51   #6006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
T-BHPians, need advice.

I have a peculiar situation which is severely restricting my choice of tv. Which is - the backup power at my apartment complex is 250W per flat.

So, I really really want to buy the Pana 50UT50D, but its rated power consumption is 330W.

Question - which is the cheapest 47"-50" full HD LED-LCD? Does it have a 3 year warranty?

thanks.
lazy.
you can always buy your own inverter/UPS with more than required output based on how many hrs you would be using the TV on it.

PS: Or are you lazy to do so?
Old 1st October 2012, 11:08   #6007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T-BHPians, need advice.

thanks.
lazy.
For the price of LED lit LCDs with good picture quality, you should be able to buy the Plasma along with a inverter of your own. You will enjoy the Plasma picture better.
Old 1st October 2012, 12:44   #6008
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Any feedback on the LG 42 LS3400 ? This seem to be the low end LG LED TV but i liked the picture quality though it seriously lacks Wifi or any smart features.

But it can play the media via USB
Old 1st October 2012, 22:40   #6009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, I really really want to buy the Pana 50UT50D,
who else whats to buy a Pana 50UT50 ? . Anybody has a best deal for this !. 2 is confirmed now ,more the better price .
Old 1st October 2012, 23:58   #6010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
you can always buy your own inverter/UPS with more than required output based on how many hrs you would be using the TV on it.

PS: Or are you lazy to do so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
For the price of LED lit LCDs with good picture quality, you should be able to buy the Plasma along with a inverter of your own. You will enjoy the Plasma picture better.
alto99, srishiva...

The thought did strike me too, but multiple reasons for not going for inverter:
- No space for an inverter+battery in my humble apartment.
- Difficult to justify inverter when there's backup, albeit limited, already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
who else whats to buy a Pana 50UT50 ? . Anybody has a best deal for this !. 2 is confirmed now ,more the better price .
black12rr...

sadly not confirmed, my conundrum remains unresolved :(

Questions still open -
- does the Pana plasma consume as much as its rated power ? (330W for 50" and 265W for 42")
- which is the cheapest 47"-50" full HD LED-LCD? And does this have 3 year warranty?

regards
lazy
Old 2nd October 2012, 00:04   #6011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy

alto99, srishiva...

The thought did strike me too, but multiple reasons for not going for inverter:
- No space for an inverter+battery in my humble apartment.
- Difficult to justify inverter when there's backup, albeit limited, already.

black12rr...

sadly not confirmed, my conundrum remains unresolved :(

Questions still open -
- does the Pana plasma consume as much as its rated power ? (330W for 50" and 265W for 42")
- which is the cheapest 47"-50" full HD LED-LCD? And does this have 3 year warranty?

regards
lazy
If you are in chennai, you can borrow my watt meter to check this first hand in the showroom...
Alternately, I can measure my 46 LCD and let you know it's operating power consumption for a ballpark
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:17   #6012
BHPian

Quote:
Questions still open -
While I don't have a direct answer to your question, with just 250W backup power, I would say you are better off with LED TV which typically has low power consumption. The rated power of a TV is consumed at maximum brightness etc etc, so lets assume this 265W rated TV actually consumes 200W as per your usage. Thats just leaves you with 50W for lighting and ceiling fan, not considering any other usage at that time. A ceiling fan is rated upwards of 60W.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:23   #6013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
It seems that I praised my TV too much. My Panasonic Plasma P42U30D which I bought in March 2012 and really loved suddenly developed a thin vertical line on the left side of the panel.
I filed a complaint with Panasonic and the engineer came over. He took lots of pictures of the display doing lots of things like mirror vertically, horizontally etc. The line was at the same place on the left side of the panel.
He even opened the TV and took some pictures inside.
He told me that there are 2 possibilities - Either their is a problem with the Motherboard inside or the Panel itself. He will discuss with his boss and they will take a call. They might try to change the motherboard to see if that resolves the problem. Most likely it is a problem with the panel itself in which case the TV will be changed.
I don't know what will happen now. I really loved this Full HD 1920 X 1080 42" Plasma for the picture quality.
Since this model is discontinued, does anybody have any idea what will happen if this model will be replaced or will they offer me some other equivalent model ?

Styler
Here is the update about the problem of my TV.

I had been following up with Panasonic for the problem of the Vertical line on my Plasma P42U30D which I bought about 6 months ago.

The good news is since this model is discontinued, they replaced my TV with a 2012 Model with 3D, the P42UT50D without any extra charge.
The guys came picked up and packed the old TV in the box of the new TV. Thankfully I swapped the Remote as it was different. Initially the guys were not willing, telling me it is the same. I insisted in having a look at the new one and found out that it was different and swapped the old one for new. I also swapped the user manual.
There were no 3D glasses though (Am I greedy or what). I do not want 3D anyway.

I Connected the P42U50D to my home network through a cable. The TV was Updated to the latest firmware straight from the net. There are a lot more features like Youtube, Browser, and Panasonic Market from where you can download and install a lot of free apps.

The TV plays all my movies (Including MKV) through the network (DLNA Server running on a Windows Machine having all my movies).

I love the new features although it is difficult to type with the remote

Now I have a few questions for anybody using the 50D series.

1. How much do 3D glasses cost ?
2. What is a compatible wireless keyboard which can be used.
3. Will they update the model and serial no of the new tv for the continuing 3 year warranty.

Lastly thanks Panasonic for the free upgrade to a much more expensive 2012 Model.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 2nd October 2012 at 10:24.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:02   #6014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. How much do 3D glasses cost ?
2. What is a compatible wireless keyboard which can be used.
3. Will they update the model and serial no of the new tv for the continuing 3 year warranty.

Lastly thanks Panasonic for the free upgrade to a much more expensive 2012 Model.

Style
Glasses are around 2.5k i guess.
Not sure about key board. Need some research to do.
You have to mail their help desk explaining the swap and get your warranty extended.

Do not delay the process and register immediately over their help desk id. Check few pages back where we have the id and details explained.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:08   #6015
BHPian

Styler, Glad to hear that your tv has been replaced without too much hassle. It gives lots of peace of mind to other Panasonic owners.

This tv can play lots of video formats with the inbuilt media player, including mkv. Personally I don't want to power up two power hungry appliance (PC and TV) to play movie over DLNA. So I am currently preparing an external USB HDD to hook up to the tv.

I believe the warranty period of your old tv will apply, after all this is not a new purchase.

Most Viewed