Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2013, 14:04   #6436
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

How is Sharp 46le835?
I am getting a display piece for 85K.
Old 27th January 2013, 18:52   #6437
Senior - BHPian

I thought you were getting a GT what happened?

Sharp does make great panels but don't go for a display model. For this kind of money you could get a 42" Pnasonic LED or even a similar size Sony(shudder shudder but I said it).

These days I am stuck at home and my VT20 is on from eyes open to eyes shut. So after 2 weeks of exposure to the Plasma with sources ranging from the DTH, USB stick, memory cards, Blu ray and DVDs let me tell you all this talk of Plasmas suffering from picture fade out in bright lights/environs and image retention is just hot air. Nothing to beat the PQ on a plasma, so do yourself a favour and get a UT if you cannot get a GT, otherwise wait for OLEDs. Do keep in mind that the 2013 range of plasmas from Panasonic will have most of the models starting at a size of 55" and above, so if you are looking at 40" get a panel now. Of course don't come after me with a stick if they do launch new models in 40 odd inches 6 months down the line. Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
How is Sharp 46le835?
Old 27th January 2013, 19:15   #6438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How is Sharp 46le835?
S_U_N, get a UT , ST or GT series and enjoy ! Trust me none of the three models will disappoint you! I , as a user of UT for the past 2 months can vouch for it! The HD content quality is simply top notch and you wont regret the purchase. The pureness and richness of color is mindblowing. Stay away from display pieces , get a Pana plasma and enjoy!
Old 27th January 2013, 19:58   #6439

Hello All,

Looking to buy a 32" LED / LCD for my mother's room. The current tv is a regular slim screen tv, so the new tv will be an upgrade to a flat screen. The tv currently has a regular SD dish connection, but I don't mind upgrading to a HD dish connection. Don't need 3D or Internet options as such. Budget would be ideally sub 30k. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th January 2013, 21:59   #6440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I thought you were getting a GT what happened?
I was tempted by the price of 85K for the 46 incher on display today. The MRP was 1.38 lac.

Anyway, I still have 50GT50 on my list in the first position. But Panasonic has erred in their strategy or distribution. The last import happened in November and there were very few ST and GT panels imported. Nothing in pipeline as per a Panasonic official I spoke to on Friday. I will come to know in first week of February if their inventory for India contains GT and ST (and how many of them too).

Till then I will keep shopping for a nice deal.
Lesson learnt: Making a good product means nothing if you cannot sell it. Panasonic India does not bother to import the higher end models since they believe there is not much market in India. Probably they think Indians will not spend a lac on a television.
The Koreans think differently.

Quote:
For this kind of money you could get a 42" Pnasonic LED or even a similar size Sony(shudder shudder but I said it).
I compared the Sharp with Sony 46 incher (NX650 or something similar). The cost was almost the same, but it came without 3D.
The salesman was hell bent in selling that one to me despite my persistence with the Sharp.

Quote:
These days I am stuck at home and my VT20 is on from eyes open to eyes shut.
How is your health now?

Quote:
Nothing to beat the PQ on a plasma, so do yourself a favour and get a UT if you cannot get a GT, otherwise wait for OLEDs.
Somehow I was not very happy with UT50. Maybe I should check that out if a Bhpian has got it in Pune. Showroom experience was not that great. The brandshop is asking 78K which I feel is on the higher side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
S_U_N, get a UT , ST or GT series and enjoy !
At the moment it is just UT in the stocks. :(
Old 27th January 2013, 23:07   #6441
BHPian

The best place to pick up LEDs is Dubai or maybe even Singapore or Malaysia, but am more familiar with Dubai as I have bought 2 LEDs from there during the shopping festival 2012. This year too the DSF 2013 is going with good discounts on LEDs. For all you guys who would like to buy check out this website ic4uae.com it has all Sizes of LED and LCDs along with prices in AED. It's well worth the buy and if you buy a 32" LED you don't have to pay duty here!
Old 28th January 2013, 22:56   #6442
Senior - BHPian

Hey S_U_N, I am much better now thanks.

As for the Sharp if you like the PQ then have a look at their models from the Quattron series models being the 830 or the 835. This series reproduces the blacks much better than the usual models and I think these are completely made in Japan.

http://www.sharpproducts.in/compare.aspx?id=87,86,

Quote:
How is your health now?
Old 29th January 2013, 11:08   #6443
BHPian

I have a Pana 42UT40 model. Being in Chennai, we have daily power cuts and even though we have back up power there is lag in switching between mains and back-up. Was wondering if I can use an UPS so that TV does not go blank and comes back on immediately. What is the minimum rating for the UPS that I would need to buy? I assume Plasma does not consume as much power when running as much as it does when it starts up. Please let me know.
Old 29th January 2013, 13:01   #6444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I have a Pana 42UT40 model. Being in Chennai, we have daily power cuts and even though we have back up power there is lag in switching between mains and back-up. Was wondering if I can use an UPS so that TV does not go blank and comes back on immediately. What is the minimum rating for the UPS that I would need to buy? I assume Plasma does not consume as much power when running as much as it does when it starts up. Please let me know.
DWind… I have been using a Luminous 1Kva UPS attached to my 50” Plasma for the last 2 years for the same reason, I have a STB, a Digital Media Player and my HT also attached along with it. Runs fine for about min and a half. You could go in for a smaller 750Va if you want.
Old 29th January 2013, 14:25   #6445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey S_U_N, I am much better now thanks.

As for the Sharp if you like the PQ then have a look at their models from the Quattron series models being the 830 or the 835. This series reproduces the blacks much better than the usual models and I think these are completely made in Japan.

http://www.sharpproducts.in/compare.aspx?id=87,86,
The one I was talking about was the 835 which was on sale (display piece).
The PQ was good (with reference to the Sony NX650 (or some similar model).
I heard there were some 3D issues, but since those guys did not have 3D glasses for the demo, I skipped that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Was wondering if I can use an UPS so that TV does not go blank and comes back on immediately. What is the minimum rating for the UPS that I would need to buy? I assume Plasma does not consume as much power when running as much as it does when it starts up. Please let me know.
I think a standard UPS which is used for your computer is fine for this purpose. Like dexter mentioned above, 750 VA (around 600W) could be sufficient for your 42 inch plasma + STB + speakers for a few minutes only.
Old 29th January 2013, 16:08   #6446
Senior - BHPian

Just came across a thread on hifivision. Someone's Panasonic ST50 is having issues and Panasonic cannot give him a replacement due to "No stocks".
They have offered him a refund or an LED from Panasonic.

This is going to be a problem for all Panasonic Plasma TV owners. God forbid, if your TV gets into an issue, replacement will be very difficult and a lengthy affair.
Old 29th January 2013, 17:01   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Just few days back a Panasonic representative in a retail chain (does panasonic post their representative in retail shops) said shortage is because Panasonic is shifting their plant from Malaysia to some other place. Can anybody confirm.
Only X series were available and on request quoted 63900 for 42UT50 after telephonic conversation with someone but not confident about availability. 42XT50 was for 50k last.
42XT50 cost 45K without the the 3D glasses at brandshop.
Old 29th January 2013, 18:11   #6448
Senior - BHPian

My bad for not paying attention.
Quote:
The one I was talking about was the 835 which was on sale (display piece).

This is just bad timing. There have been instances wherein 20 series panels have been replaced with 30, so on and so forth for 30/50 too. I am sure if this customer were to hold on till new stocks come in he too will benefit accordingly.

Quote:
Just came across a thread on hifivision. Someone's Panasonic ST50 is having issues and Panasonic cannot give him a replacement due to "No stocks".
They have offered him a refund or an LED from Panasonic.

This is going to be a problem for all Panasonic Plasma TV owners. God forbid, if your TV gets into an issue, replacement will be very difficult and a lengthy affair.
Old 29th January 2013, 19:48   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is just bad timing. There have been instances wherein 20 series panels have been replaced with 30, so on and so forth for 30/50 too. I am sure if this customer were to hold on till new stocks come in he too will benefit accordingly.
Could be. While past performance is a reasonable measure to predict the future, the strategy of the company (considering the losses globally) is changing.
The rumor is that Panasonic is withdrawing plasma from India slowly.
I hope the reality is contrary to this.
But consider the scenario where a user's 1 lac Rs. TV is dead.
Will he choose to wait for 2 months for a repair/ replacement?
The bigger the TV, the longer the wait.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:12   #6450
BHPian

Has anyone picked up any Products / Accessories from this website ?
http://www.mdrelectronics.com/

I was looking for HDMI cables, and his prices are quite low.
wondering if the quality would be low too

-Fillmore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks