Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 13:59   #7411
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
My Sony CRT TV is 14 years old and probably still going strong in the hands of the person I gifted.
My LG CRT is 9 years old & it's still going great!!! I think we all buying LCD/LED TVs just for the heck of it.
Old 7th June 2014, 14:15   #7412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My LG CRT is 9 years old & it's still going great!!! I think we all buying LCD/LED TVs just for the heck of it.
Hey, I have an Akai CRT from 1997 and it is still working, and is used for many hours each and every day!
Old 7th June 2014, 15:19   #7413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Just picked up Samsung 40H6300 from grey market for 43500rs for a friend.
It's a smart tv with wifi and looks great. Good value.
Where exactly did you buy this from? If you do NOT want to post it, you may PM me please.
Old 7th June 2014, 15:41   #7414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post

Hey, I have an Akai CRT from 1997 and it is still working, and is used for many hours each and every day!
I have a jvc 29" 10 years old, still doing duty in the guest room. But would I want to watch anything at all on that, compared to my led?
Heck, no!
Old 7th June 2014, 16:10   #7415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
...This was a 40 inch Samsung 6 Series LED model bought in 2010 and the authorized technician from Samsung says that the panel is out now, never buying one from Samsung
My Samsung 2011 32 inch LCD panel was replaced in 2013. Out of warranty of course, and cost me 12,000 and odd. Doubt I would go Samsung again.
Old 7th June 2014, 16:33   #7416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have a jvc 29" 10 years old, still doing duty in the guest room. But would I want to watch anything at all on that, compared to my led?
Heck, no!
Hmm. Is that because of the size? Because, picture quality wise, LCD TVs have at best reached the quality of CRT.
Old 7th June 2014, 17:50   #7417
BHPian

Though the technology has improved vastly these days, reliability is definitely an issue. Even I scouted the market for an plasma but Panasonic has closed down its plasma unit and others are nowhere close to Panasonic in terms of PQ on a plasma. Anyways have to go back to an LED as there is not much of options in the market.
Old 8th June 2014, 18:52   #7418
BANNED

Does anyone know about this Electronics Shop called Kohinoor which is near Mulund Check Naka right next to Croma? Is this a reliable shop for buying TVs?

Also, I have a LG 29" CRT in good condition. The different TV shops are offering only Rs. 1500 in exchange - is it possible to get a better price?
Old 8th June 2014, 19:01   #7419
BHPian

Quote:
.. Also, I have a LG 29" CRT in good condition. The different TV shops are offering only Rs. 1500 in exchange - is it possible to get a better price?
OLX and groups on facebook (Second to None for example) are your options for a better price. Also, if I can suggest, if getting only 1500, better give it to someone who is under privileged to own one (like maid, driver, some old age home or voluntary org).
Old 9th June 2014, 00:53   #7420
Senior - BHPian

Kohinoor is a Bombay based chain of electronic stores. They are present in almost all of the markets in the city, though I have personally never bought anything from them. Thus far have not heard any negative comments either from acquaintances who have bought stuff from them.

Quote:
Does anyone know about this Electronics Shop called Kohinoor which is near Mulund Check Naka right next to Croma? Is this a reliable shop for buying TVs?

Also, I have a LG 29" CRT in good condition. The different TV shops are offering only Rs. 1500 in exchange - is it possible to get a better price?
Old 9th June 2014, 08:15   #7421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kohinoor is the best amongst the electronics retailers IMO. They do give fantastic deals. During the negotiations for buying a TV recently I was offered an exchange price of 5K for my 25" CRT. Ofcourse this was on their usual 1 day offer campaigns. I didnt buy the TV from them but had earlier bought a fridge, Washing machine from them. The store I am referring to is on Ghodbunder Road, Thane next to Wondermall.
Old 9th June 2014, 12:04   #7422
BHPian

My current TV is LG 21" CRT running strong even after 14 years!

Would like to finalise first LED TV before WC starts. I am inclined on LG 47LB 750T or LG 47LB 6700. Any comments from members? I am not interested in another brand as I have full faith with LG!
Old 9th June 2014, 12:10   #7423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. Is that because of the size? Because, picture quality wise, LCD TVs have at best reached the quality of CRT.

If a went for a 42" CRT instead of my 42" LED today, I would probably need industrial strength mounts, or a table, and a bigger bedroom!
Old 9th June 2014, 12:18   #7424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

If a went for a 42" CRT instead of my 42" LED today, I would probably need industrial strength mounts, or a table, and a bigger bedroom!
Yeah, that's why I asked. I don't see anything better in a LCD as compared to a CRT except the size.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:48   #7425
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I asked. I don't see anything better in a LCD as compared to a CRT except the size.
Why not take a look at the plasma HD TV's. You could even go for 55". There are pro's and cons for Plasma Vs LCD-LED but plasmas are cheaper.
Opting for current gen TV's you will be disappointed in their sound quality. Plan for a home theatre too in your budget.

Most Viewed