Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2015, 10:49   #7726
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

I want to buy a 55" LED TV with very good picture quality (movies and TV viewing mainly). 3D is not must, but I am finding you can't get high picture quality w/o the 3D models - Full HD suffices for me I guess.

What are good options that don't break the bank ?
Old 28th February 2015, 11:11   #7727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Mile View Post
Any user experience reviews on the MicroMax 50incher.
Had done a little research last November - December, before I picked up my Toshiba LED.
Had spoken to the local Micromax distributor regarding the reliability factor. He claimed to have sold over a 100 TV's, out of which 2 developed some issues, and both were replaced by Micromax without questions. If that is good enough for you and you're alright with the picture & sound quality, guess you can go ahead!
Old 28th February 2015, 11:50   #7728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
What else do you recommend.
My LG 32" (about 8 years old) has turned into a buzzing bumblebee and even the panel is showing signs of decay with yellow blue colors. I think come capacitors are shot.

I would like a 35-40" TV for around 35K max, and should have headphone out.
How about these two (from the same website)?

http://www.shopclues.com/panasonic-t...es-led-tv.html
http://www.shopclues.com/toshiba-40l...-black-40.html

We have a 5 year Toshiba LCD 39" in Kerala. The speakers are quite average, but otherwise a pretty good unit.
Old 1st March 2015, 11:15   #7729
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here bought any TV from Lloyd's? Any idea how is the brand in terms of reliability and quality?
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:33   #7730
Team-BHP Support

Okay, finally bought the TV. Decided against 40", as we watch normally from pretty near (3-4 feet away). So 32" it is. Brand is called murphy and its full HD 1080P.
Picture quality is pretty good, but sound is average. That said, basic TVs never have awesome sound in this price range. Expecting theater sound for 13K anyways is stupidity.
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:47   #7731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone here bought any TV from Lloyd's? Any idea how is the brand in terms of reliability and quality?
I do not own a Llyod but had an experience with it at a resort. The TVs had a strange issue. The picture stretched at the sides of the panel and was quite evident in action sequence and news (ticker).
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:07   #7732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post

I do not own a Llyod but had an experience with it at a resort. The TVs had a strange issue. The picture stretched at the sides of the panel and was quite evident in action sequence and news (ticker).
That's possible if TV was in wide zoom mode. Sony LEDs/LCDs have 4 modes -- Normal/ Full/ Zoom and Wide zoom. In wide zoom, the ticker looks like getting some magnification.

Another issue with my Sony Bravia 40 inch 452. Will give you a backdrop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My 25month old Sony Bravia 40inch LCD had gone kaput last October. I took it to service center where it was detected to have an internal damage to LCD, and panel needed to be replaced, cost quoted was ₹24k. I was pissed off considering that I had paid over ₹40k for a TV and it lasted just over 2 years. So I shot off a mail to Sony India through their Facebook page. I got a call from their Kolkata head and they agreed to repair it for ₹6.5k only. So I gave it for repairs. About 10 days later, they informed me that since the part is unavailable, they'll replace my old LCD TV with a new LED TV of same size. Now I have decided to go in for extended warranty before my regular warranty expires.
This new replacement LED TV had some internal power issue which was repaired under warranty in October 2014. I did try to get extended warranty but some issues cropped up from their end and couldn't do it. On the morning of India - SA match, the TV refused to switch on. Problem detected was kaput panel. Thankfully panel has a warranty of 2 yrs so should be replaced free of cost. Waiting for and early resolution. I feel that Sony TVs are losing their good quality now.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 3rd March 2015 at 13:20.
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:02   #7733
BHPian

We also faced issue with our 24 inch Sony Bravia LED tv few months ago. Thanks to the warranty period otherwise it would have costed us 3500/- for replacement of the circuit.

Sony service centre person who visited our house told us that you don't have a proper earthing arrangement. So called an electrician the next day and got it done. After that no problems with the TV at all.

Sony TVs are very sensitive to the electrical system, any leakage current here and there can damage the TV. Please use stabilizers or protection systems if you do not have earthing or poor earthing in your home.
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:13   #7734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I want to buy a 55" LED TV with very good picture quality (movies and TV viewing mainly). 3D is not must, but I am finding you can't get high picture quality w/o the 3D models - Full HD suffices for me I guess.
Samsung is running some promotions on 9 series UHD as they will be launching next generation SUHD models next month , you can check with Reliance / Samsung dealer locally ..
Old 6th March 2015, 00:22   #7735
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I was having some issues with my Samsung 43 inch Plasma. Got rid of it and purchased a new Samsung 40 inch LED on the 28th. of January 2015. Less than one month later it developed a horizontal "light line" (don't know the exact word for this) on the screen. I asked Samsung to replace the unit but they refused saying they only replace within one week of purchase. Anyway, after three days they replaced the entire panel /screen and all back to normal now. I have decided to take an additional 3 year extended warranty to put my fears at rest.
I am very disappointed with Samsung quality control. This was not a cheap TV (55K) and to fail within a month speaks volumes about the quality they are selling these days.

Regards,
SS
Old 6th March 2015, 20:53   #7736
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Since you're out of warranty, and you didn't have Samsung look at it (presumably) when you faced this issue in the 11th month, no amount of fighting is going to help.
I am happy to report that I proved you wrong. Fight I did and I prevailed Samsung issued me a refund minus 10% depreciation for my 1.5 year old 64" TV that was out of warranty.

Here is their return box

I have mentioned all details on my blog samsung tv refund

Last edited by vij : 6th March 2015 at 21:14.
Old 7th March 2015, 09:07   #7737
Senior - BHPian

Lloyds is offereing a 4 year warranty on their LED TV's during the world cup. These are priced significantly lower than brands like Samsung and LG . How good are these panels?

I would like to get the maximum possible warranty due the the high panel failure rate in India. I benefitted from the 3 year warranty on my 50 Inch Panasonic Plasma which had conked off after 15 months . Fortunately for me, it came with a 3 year warranty and after chasing Panasonic for close to 2 months I was able to get a repalcement (A higher priced LED TV as Panasonic had discontinued Plasmas).
Old 17th March 2015, 14:09   #7738

Bought a new TV sony bravia 42 inch W900B just in time before Worldcup quarters. Had to choose between 47 inch LG 6500 and the sony bravia. Of course smart features are definitely better in LG but Sony really stood out in the picture quality. Got two freebies as well - Sony Headphone & Philips Sound bar.
Old 21st March 2015, 15:42   #7739
BHPian

Hi all planning to upgrade from my 14yr old TV to a new TV. I don't know what all I should look for in a TV of this generation :banghead: & the best screen size for a living room of 10*16 size. Any pointers on this will be really helpful. My budget is around 60k. TIA
Old 21st March 2015, 23:09   #7740
BANNED

I think you can go for upto 55" full hd tv. See below links for optimum viewing distance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum...ewing_distance
http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/

You can check on flipkart to get an idea about the models. Make sure to go for IPS panel only so that the colors don't change when viewing the tv from corners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks