Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 13:11   #7906
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Just bought a Panasonic TH-50CS610A 50 inch LED LCD Smart Tv and the panel quality is great. I have never seen colors so vivid on an LCD screen before. It may be netflix 1080p streaming but even the 480p upscaling is really good.
Hi extreme_torque, can you please share the price for same model TH-50CS610A. I am keen on this one. Also if you know how is TH-50A410D different - its MRP is 81K but retailing at 47k on infibeam today.

Could there be a catch?

Thanks.
Old 28th October 2015, 14:50   #7907
BHPian

Last week bought a Sony LED 48" for in-laws ,to quote the installation guy all warrantys are null if any red ants are found inside TV , he made us buy 2 pcs of laxman rekha chalk and applied over the bracket fully . We have taken 2 yr extended warranty aswell from sony while buying . can anyone clarify pls since i do not see any connection between these two issues .
Old 28th October 2015, 14:57   #7908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Last week bought a Sony LED 48" for in-laws ,to quote the installation guy all warrantys are null if any red ants are found inside TV , he made us buy 2 pcs of laxman rekha chalk and applied over the bracket fully . We have taken 2 yr extended warranty aswell from sony while buying . can anyone clarify pls since i do not see any connection between these two issues .
Probably the smallest things that can get to the shiny circuits inside and short 'em.

What about regular black ants. Sony is being racial?
Old 28th October 2015, 15:14   #7909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Hi extreme_torque, can you please share the price for same model TH-50CS610A. I am keen on this one. Also if you know how is TH-50A410D different - its MRP is 81K but retailing at 47k on infibeam today.

Could there be a catch?

Thanks.
There is no catch. It is a great tv. The only thing to keep in mind is that it only has optical digital audio out, ni rca or headphone out. This is for 610a which is from their latest 2015 model range. I bought it in Australia fur $1000

Last edited by extreme_torque : 28th October 2015 at 15:16.
Old 1st November 2015, 11:56   #7910
BHPian

http://www.amazon.in/Micromax-L43T69...6358557&sr=1-2

Guys, any opinion on the above and on Micromax TVs in general? Any other suggestions, alternatives?

I'm not brand conscious! Quality, decent service and VFM is all that I care for..

Last edited by CliffHanger : 1st November 2015 at 12:00.
Old 1st November 2015, 12:12   #7911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I'm not brand conscious! Quality, decent service and VFM is all that I care for..

My cousin recently bought a 40" Haier and the PQ is not good. The colors too have a pastel look. Tried a few modes and settings but I can notice the difference with a Sony or Lg panel. I suggest you stick to the top 3 - Sony, Lg, Samsung in any price range and they will outperform the other tier 2/3 brands.
Old 1st November 2015, 17:14   #7912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
http://www.amazon.in/Micromax-L43T69...6358557&sr=1-2

Guys, any opinion on the above and on Micromax TVs in general? Any other suggestions, alternatives?

Instead of Micromax, you can look the Videocon brand.
Its a trusted brand and have big range of LEDs.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:19   #7913
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Which is this TV model? I am also looking at Sony LED 48 inch model 48R562C. The showroom price after discount comes to 67K, but eBay price is 10K less. But the showroom will also give a Cybershot DSC-W800 worth Rs.6,990/- that I don't need. And a ₹8000 coupon that needs to be used over next 12 months, at 720 bucks per month.

Is it a good idea to get it from eBay over local showroom?
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:34   #7914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Is it a good idea to get it from eBay over local showroom?
You need to look at the type of warranty the seller offers: - Manufacturer warranty or seller warranty. If it is the manufacturer warranty and the seller sends a proper invoice, the TV manufacturer may honor the warranty. But if it is the seller warranty, it is practically useless.

You are expected to send the TV with its original packaging to seller and he will repair the TV and send it back at your cost. Most electronics in the online market are imported and so the seller can't offer manufacturer warranty. That explains the substantial price difference between the TV sold online and offline.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:10   #7915
BHPian

Quote:
I am also looking at Sony LED 48 inch model 48R562C
I bought the above 48 inch model with the local dealer for Rs.66,000 minus Rs.2,000 for the free camera I returned (so nett Rs.64,000), just two days back.

I saw the rate at Rs.62,900 at Cloudtail in Amazon.in as a flash sale (don't know if this included the free camera). (Today the rate is Rs.67,500).

Initially I wanted to buy it from Cloudtail but I have a friendly dealer at my home-town and I got the piece installed in a few hours after I decided to buy.

To my horror I found a defect!
There was a 'stuck pixel' glowing bright green constantly.
I managed to get it exchanged, and now the picture-quality is superb

(Attaching a photo I took of the defect):
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-one.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2015, 12:22   #7916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You need to look at the type of warranty the seller offers: - Manufacturer warranty or seller warranty. If it is the manufacturer warranty and the seller sends a proper invoice, the TV manufacturer may honor the warranty. But if it is the seller warranty, it is practically useless.
If you click on the ebay link I provided, it clearly says Sony India warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
To my horror I found a defect!
There was a 'stuck pixel' glowing bright green constantly.
I managed to get it exchanged, and now the picture-quality is superb
Who exchanged it? Sony or the dealer?
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:39   #7917
BHPian

Quote:
Who exchanged it? Sony or the dealer?
It was coordinated between the official Sony-service and the dealer.
I reported the defect to the dealer in a few hours. The dealer then registered a formal complaint with the Sony-service center. Only after the Sony guy came and confirmed the fault, it was exchanged with a new piece by the dealer.

(The dealer is Sathya Agencies).
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:48   #7918
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Only after the Sony guy came and confirmed the fault, it was exchanged with a new piece by the dealer.
This is why I am concerned about eBay buy. I recently bought a LG monitor over Amazon, which was DOA. Instead of replacing it under warranty, they kept replacing each component over the next 3 weeks until it started working fine. They replaced every part except the body under warranty. If it was local purchase, I could have got a new piece.
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:00   #7919
BHPian

Quote:
This is why I am concerned about eBay buy. I recently bought a LG monitor over Amazon, which was DOA.
Why press for warranty when you were in the return window? Couldnt it be returned?
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:32   #7920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Why press for warranty when you were in the return window? Couldnt it be returned?
The NUC PC for which I bought it came much later. I didn't get to connect it until 3 weeks, only then I found the problem.

Sending big packages back on ground transportation across the country is a pain. I need quick resolutions.

Most Viewed