Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2016, 00:39   #8146
Senior - BHPian

The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
There will always be hours on the TV. The factory does a final check before dispatching the unit to outlets.

Anything up-to 20 hours is fine.

did you check the hours in the service menu?

I am getting the 2016 model from LG shoppe tomorrow. They are giving the best deal. I am being told that the hours can be reset on a TV.

So I will be picking up the LG 43LH603t tomorrow. However, there are a few bummers with regard to this TV. It doesn't play the mp4 format. I realized most of my 1080 movies are in mp4. Is there any good converter to change the format to mkv or any other compatible format???? If yes will the picture quality be as good???

Another issue I am facing is : I tried my hard disk on the TV to check the picture quality. But now those particular movies which did not play on the TV have magically converted themselves to some mp4.xml format and is not playing in my laptop. I tried removing the xml extension but didn't work. Any solution for this??
Old 8th July 2016, 09:27   #8147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I am getting the 2016 model from LG shoppe tomorrow. They are giving the best deal.
I usually do not rely on the tv firmware to run my media. I use a media player for all content. I use the WD TV Live or a PS3. There are software converters in plenty to convert your movies to any other format without fidelity loss. The .xml is probably metadata about the file that you played on the tv and are extra files. Your MP4 should still be there in original form. Check the size of the file.
Can you PM me the price of the tv as I may be in the market for a new one.
Old 8th July 2016, 12:40   #8148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I usually do not rely on the tv firmware to run my media. I use a media player for all content. I use the WD TV Live or a PS3. There are software converters in plenty to convert your movies to any other format without fidelity loss. The .xml is probably metadata about the file that you played on the tv and are extra files. Your MP4 should still be there in original form. Check the size of the file.
Can you PM me the price of the tv as I may be in the market for a new one.

The xml file sizes are identical to the original one. So they are the original files.

The model number is 43LH600T not 603T. My bad
Old 9th July 2016, 18:38   #8149
Senior - BHPian

Guys. I picked up the LH576T instead of LH600. A difference of 10k is good enough to not go for magic remote and Internet surfing. This model has the smart features.

Two questions :

1. How do I check the hours on the TV
2. I had read about running in the TV. How do you do that??
Old 9th July 2016, 20:00   #8150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys. I picked up the LH576T instead of LH600. A difference of 10k is good enough to not go for magic remote and Internet surfing. This model has the smart features.

Two questions :

1. How do I check the hours on the TV
2. I had read about running in the TV. How do you do that??

I have an older 47LB750T. The blacks with the LGs are pretty good. My TV has the WEB OS. Go to General settings and scroll all the way down. You will find the hours the TV was switched on. It counts the standby time also.
Running in a tv is a first for me. Sorry. Try to keep the rpm below 3000 and up shift early. 😜😂
Old 9th July 2016, 20:22   #8151
Senior - BHPian

The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I have an older 47LB750T. The blacks with the LGs are pretty good. My TV has the WEB OS. Go to General settings and scroll all the way down. You will find the hours the TV was switched on. It counts the standby time also.
Running in a tv is a first for me. Sorry. Try to keep the rpm below 3000 and up shift early. 😜😂

Hahaha. I had read about it in this thread. You know bhpians. 😂

Update : the 'guy' has come for installation. Bought the TV in the afternoon, got delivered at around 5 and now getting installed. Super service as of now. The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468075923.358508.jpg
Old 9th July 2016, 21:42   #8152
Senior - BHPian

The TV has 15 hours in it. The guy said it accounts for the testing done at the factory
Old 20th July 2016, 18:51   #8153
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Came here for some TV advice. Relieved a little to read about the positive experiences with Vu. My 4 year old Samsung plasma died on me yesterday due to a power surge. The Samsung technician promptly checked it out today and confirmed the panel is dead. Replacement cost quoted is 20k+. I was thinking of getting a Vu for about 50% more cost. How does the SD content look on it btw? Any first hand experiences?

Also, Delhi folks might know, is getting it repaired at Gaffar an option? Any leads?
Old 21st July 2016, 15:21   #8154
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have one 32" Vu recently purchased. Looking good as of now
Old 21st July 2016, 23:08   #8155
Senior - BHPian

So after waiting for almost 2 weeks I will be receiving my warranty card tomorrow. One question : should I go for the extended warranty which costs approximately INR 7300 for an additional 3 years. Is it really worth it? I have 3 days to decide.
Old 22nd July 2016, 00:32   #8156
BHPian

Quote:
So after waiting for almost 2 weeks I will be receiving my warranty card tomorrow. One question : should I go for the extended warranty which costs approximately INR 7300 for an additional 3 years. Is it really worth it? I have 3 days to decide.
Warranty is like insurance - you never know when you need it. If its an expensive TV, do go for it. My refrigerator's black thingy in the back (the compressor) died exactly 2 months after the warranty (of 4 years)

Buy it just for the peace of mind. Stabilizers hardly helped in my case.
Old 22nd July 2016, 22:26   #8157
Senior - BHPian

Got the extended warranty from LG showroom. The sales guy said I will receive the documents over mail. I did receive a receipt though. Paid INR 6851 for an additional 3 years. So in all the TV is covered for 5 years.
Old 22nd July 2016, 23:48   #8158
BHPian

Quote:
Korean stuff, do go for the extended warranty.

My experience is that they barely last till the warranty term. Sad, but true based on my own experience.
Old 26th July 2016, 10:13   #8159
BHPian

Could not find any other suitable thread so posting this here.

My LED TV (Sony 42") was connected to the mains through a V-Guard Crystal stabiliser, which conked off today morning. Question is, do TV's really need a stabiliser? Or is it better to go for a UPS? If UPS, then what ratings should I look out for?

TIA,
Ramesh
Old 26th July 2016, 11:47   #8160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
.... which conked off today morning. ...
The TV or the stabilizer?
TVs don't need anything more than a voltage protector.

Most Viewed