Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2017, 10:54   #8296
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
If you are in Chennai can hook you up to the bazaar guys I purchase from. Have picked up maybe 8 tvs so far for friends and family.
Therein lies the problem! I'm in Bangalore. I know another member here has written about the gray market area in Delhi. I think some of them are selling on ebay.in, but the problem is they all provide seller warranty, and the unit needs to be shipped back to them, and that's too big a headache.

Perhaps you can ask your Chennai contacts if they have counterparts in Bangalore, please?
Old 19th January 2017, 16:02   #8297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
We decided to get a VU TV when our tv was up for replacement.

Comes with a 3 year warranty standard, and is a fair bit cheaper. Quite a few of my friends have picked it up as well and are happy with it!

PQ better than Samsung IMO.
Been checking out Vu, now I'm really interested! Can you please let me know:
1. The model # of your TV
2. How long you've had it
3. Any problems so far?
4. Did you buy it from Flipkart or a local Mumbai authorized reseller?

Thanks!!
Old 19th January 2017, 16:57   #8298
Senior - BHPian

Buying from grey market is recommended? Are they not smuggled goods thereby illegal?

Vu is a good buy considering the price
Old 19th January 2017, 17:30   #8299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Buying from grey market is recommended? Are they not smuggled goods thereby illegal?
Well it is available in legal and approved shops, so I dont see a problem but I do hear what you say/mean. These are brought in by flight and taken out through the green channel, they are not brought in on unmarked boats on moonless nights
Old 19th January 2017, 17:34   #8300
Senior - BHPian

heh heh of course though that would be the usual visual imagery when you think of smuggled goods.
Old 19th January 2017, 18:12   #8301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
heh heh of course
Actually I have purchased TVs with the sealed airline luggage tag sticker still on, with a departure date as recent as the previous day!!
Old 19th January 2017, 18:23   #8302
Senior - BHPian

I recently impulsively purchased the VU LED 40inch smart TV (H40k311) during last month's Flipkart sale for 25k. I was apprehensive initially but reading all the good reviews on VU, decided to take the plunge.

I am impressed with the TV. Picture quality is great, the interface is pleasant, clean and has integrated Netflix and Youtube support which work very well (fast and reliable). The TV comes with a 3 year warranty as well. If I have to pick a weakness, it is the sound, which i have taken care off by connecting my old Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers to the TV.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 19th January 2017 at 18:26.
Old 19th January 2017, 18:31   #8303
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback, fiat_tarun!

I believe it is not an IPS panel. How are the viewing angles the contrast, please?

Last edited by TheTeacher : 19th January 2017 at 18:32.
Old 19th January 2017, 18:55   #8304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Thanks for the feedback, fiat_tarun!

I believe it is not an IPS panel. How are the viewing angles the contrast, please?
Yes, it isn't an IPS panel. Viewing angles are good and I have not had any issues (178 deg. as per spec.).

All in all I am very impressed with this TV, especially at the price it I got it at.
Old 19th January 2017, 19:34   #8305
BHPian

Thank you! Going to order a Vu now, the intermittent problems in ours is becoming more persistent :(
Old 19th January 2017, 20:31   #8306
BHPian

My little one broke the LCD screen of new 24' Samsung TV just on second day of installation. Kindly suggest what should do now. Go for original or cheaper screen. Any pointers on cost or place much appreciated in Chandigarh.
Old 19th January 2017, 20:38   #8307
BHPian

I have started looking for a 40 inch full HD TV (non smart). I didn't want to spend too much after listening to many cases of components failing within 2-3 years. I have considered Vu TVs based on the reviews and VFM status. Seems to be around 23k for these specs. I have also seen a couple of Panasonic models around 28k on Flipkart. I don't have much idea about Panasonic TVs and would like some feedback to decide if they are worth going for over Vu. Suggestions for other models are also welcome. I would like to keep it within 30k. Can consider spending more if it is really worth it. Sorry if I sound too confused, because I am.
Old 19th January 2017, 22:34   #8308
BHPian

Is there any full HDTV available in Indian Market which has Amazon Prime Video app ?
Currently torn between Sony Bravia and LG. In the market for 32 inch Full HD TV. Why not bigger TV ? - distance from the sofa!!
Old 20th January 2017, 10:17   #8309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I have also seen a couple of Panasonic models around 28k on Flipkart.
Most old timers don't honor warranty if purchased online (they still have their heads buried in the sand). Before you buy a TV online, verify that you will have a valid warranty. Vu explicitly states that Flipkart is authorized (and the only online one at that).

Like you, I was pretty confused because it seems regardless of brand, they fail in 2-3 years. After positive feedback for Vu, and specifically for H40K311, a 40" Smart TV, I ordered it last night. Delivery scheduled for Saturday morning (fast, eh?). Cost Rs. 30k including 3 year warranty, delivered. I didn't want a Smart TV, but since this model was specifically recommended and has a higher refresh rate, I bought it. You can always choose to not connect it if you don't wish to use the Smart features. Model 43D6535 will cost you Rs. 28.5k with 3 yr warranty (extended warranty can be purchased on Vu's website), is 43", and has an IPS panel.
Old 20th January 2017, 19:28   #8310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post

I did think of this option, and your first-hand feedback helps enormously, thanks! Any idea how good VU's warranty / post warranty service is? I believe this is one brand I can buy online.
I haven't had a reason to go back to them as yet, though when we purchased ours - they had the option to buy extended warranty from them for 3 years wherein any defect would result in replacement, and not repairing.

Now the 3 year warranty is standard, though I am not sure if it is a replacement warranty or repair warranty.

Since they are based out of Mumbai, I was confident of getting good support. Would advise you to check with the Bangalore distributor regarding service and warranty.

Quote:
Been checking out Vu, now I'm really interested! Can you please let me know:
1. The model # of your TV
2. How long you've had it
3. Any problems so far?
4. Did you buy it from Flipkart or a local Mumbai authorized reseller?

Thanks!!
1. I don't remember the exact model number. This was their first 4K Smart TV they had launched.

2. We've had it around 1.5 years. A friend has had his (non 4K, non Smart) for 2 years and running strong

3. No problems faced so far, though I want to see how it'll work in my den (the room has killed 2 TVs already due to lack of use and higher humidity levels)

4. We picked this up from the manufacturer directly, and around 6 months ago picked up a 32" VU LED from flipkart. No issues in either case.
Considering picking up 1 (or 2) more TV from them in the next couple of months.

They claim it to be able to handle local indian conditions (dust, fluctuations in power etc.) from what i recall.

EDIT: Just saw that you picked up the TV. Congrats!
When doing the initial bit of research, what I noticed is that VU refresh rate was lower than that of established competitors. A little google-search later, I realized that a higher than required refresh rate creates a slight blur - and VU has it's refresh rates pretty spot on for the quality of channels we receive.
Link: http://in.pcmag.com/tv-home-theaters...0hz-and-beyond

Last edited by lamborghini : 20th January 2017 at 19:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks