Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 14:04   #8431
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I visited Sony and they looked at 49" 4K & FHD TVs. I asked them to play standard TV channels and I find that the picture on 4K was better in terms of blacks & skin tones. Now this could be purely by the picture setting the showroom guys might have done to push 4K sales. Also the viewing distance was lower for 4K.
Did those TVs had HDR? I have found difference in PQ between HDR and non-HDR variants.
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:31   #8432
BHPian

A query. My 8 year old SONY BRAVIA 26" LCD TV has a HDMI port. Will it be possible to enjoy cable TV HD Channel broadcast (Like ASIANET). I do not have the Model No right now. It was bought during 2008 Dec.
Old 2nd September 2017, 20:52   #8433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
A query. My 8 year old SONY BRAVIA 26" LCD TV has a HDMI port. Will it be possible to enjoy cable TV HD Channel broadcast (Like ASIANET). I do not have the Model No right now. It was bought during 2008 Dec.

You will have to tell us if it's a full HD TV. HDMI port doesn't mean it's a full HDTV. The chances are that it is not a full HDtv. If it's not you cannot view HD content.
Old 2nd September 2017, 23:33   #8434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post

I think it would not be a full HD. I have an HD ready Bravia 32 inch of similar vintage used in clinic of similar vintage. I feel HD ready quality on a 26 inch panel will be pretty good. You will hardly notice any difference on HD channels. Difference can surely be appreciated if you use some high quality blue ray content.
Old 25th September 2017, 23:10   #8435
BHPian

I finally bought a 4K TV, Panasonic, 55 inch ~128K with a bundled speaker offer! The final tally was between Sony & Panasonic. This one picked as larger screen size & lower cost compared to Sony and 1+ 2 yrs manufacturers warranty.
Old 26th September 2017, 00:37   #8436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
The final tally was between Sony & Panasonic.
Congratulations, which was the sony model you were considering? I am considering the 7000E in 49".
Old 26th September 2017, 05:45   #8437
Senior - BHPian

4K is miles ahead even for 1080P HD content. Provides an immersive experience. We have the LG55 in Bengaluru and watching (colourful) shows like Masterchef is a treat! Go for it. I guess we are still a year away from reasonably priced 4K content.
Old 26th September 2017, 09:51   #8438
BHPian

Got a Samsung 4k LED, 43KU6470. Mighty impressed with the display and HDR capability. I was interested in purchasing a bluetooth keyboard to go with the tv.
Any pointers? Is it worth it?
Old 26th September 2017, 13:22   #8439
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need to buy a TV for my room (wife needs it actually). We currently have two LG TV’s in our house – one is a 42inch and one is a 21inch. The viewing distance in our room is about 9-11 feet for which we feel the size of 21inch is too small whereas the size of 42inch is too big. So the size of the TV which I need to buy is somewhere in the middle of 21-42 inches. Few questions to experts here (I apologize in advance for my ignorance):

1. Is there a standard size scale for TV’s? Just like how we have for memory (16GB/32/GB/64GB?) i.e. is there a common factor for TV sizes? Which sizes are available between 21 and 42 inches.

2. We have recently purchased an Amazon Fire stick – does it make sense then to own a ‘smart TV’? Note that I do not need 3D technology. The decision is between smart and dumb TV’s. Are all the TV’s available on the market ‘smart’ by default?

3. I do not wish to spend a lot of money (so I guess Sony is out of the question). I am considering ‘Vu’ brand as it seems cheap and good. Any other budget friendly brands I should consider?

4. Any other important things with respect to technology that I should be aware of? I guess all TV’s these days are LED? I will surely look out for many USB/HDMI’s port. Any other thing which I should check?

5. I will need to buy a DTH connection too. Do the TV retailers (like Croma/Vijay Sales) have tie ups with these DTH operators? I mean would like to buy both the TV and DTH connection from the same place in case there are some interesting offers.
Old 26th September 2017, 13:38   #8440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Need to buy a TV for my room (wife needs it actually). We currently have two LG TV's in our house – one is a 42inch and one is a 21inch. The viewing distance in our room is about 9-11 feet for which we feel the size of 21inch is too small whereas the size of 42inch is too big. So the size of the TV which I need to buy is somewhere in the middle of 21-42 inches. Few questions to experts here (I apologize in advance for my ignorance):

Here is a site I trust for their reviews.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...e-relationship
Old 26th September 2017, 15:18   #8441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Is it worth to go for a 4K TV now. Sony has an offer for a 49 inch 4K TV at 89K. And same TV without 4K at 79K...
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I saw my friend's 55" Vu smart TV - the screen is amazing btw. Please do consider that brand as well...
I can vouch for brand VU screen clarity, got a 50 inch 4K smart TV last week and it has surprised me in every way. HD channels are superb. YouTube contents are mostly played in 4K itself by default, unless original content is lower than 1080. Its bang for buck, my billing was 42999 from Flipkart ! Order Placed, Delivered and installed all within 48 hours.

I am still figuring out how to do media sharing/airplay mirroring from my iPhone !!

Youtube Screenshot below :
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-vu.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 26th September 2017 at 15:22.
Old 26th September 2017, 15:25   #8442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Got a Samsung 4k LED, 43KU6470. Mighty impressed with the display and HDR capability. I was interested in purchasing a bluetooth keyboard to go with the tv.
Any pointers? Is it worth it?
NO need to spend on a bluetooth keyboard , instead get any wireless keyboard . Put the USB dongle in the TV and the TV will recognize the keyboard and mouse aswell . Try the logitech keyboards or microsoft keyboards , have tried both in my samsung TV and they work well .
Old 26th September 2017, 15:32   #8443
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I can vouch for brand VU screen clarity, got a 50 inch 4K smart TV last week and it has surprised me in every way. HD channels are superb. YouTube contents are mostly played in 4K itself by default, unless original content is lower than 1080. Its bang for buck, my billing was 42999 from Flipkart ! Order Placed, Delivered and installed all within 48 hours.
How are the refresh rates ? Is there a blur while watching sports / action ?

How much warranty (+extended) is offered ?
Old 26th September 2017, 15:39   #8444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How are the refresh rates ? Is there a blur while watching sports / action ? How much warranty (+extended) is offered ?
I watch football very often on Sony Ten 2 HD, never felt anything missing. I am not sure how this 'blur' is defined. It comes with 1 year warranty by default, an extended warranty of 2nd year under 4000 bucks, I have not gone for it. I see the price is different today, here is the link:
https://www.flipkart.com/vu-127cm-50...35d90540c09fc5
Old 26th September 2017, 16:31   #8445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How are the refresh rates ? Is there a blur while watching sports / action ?

How much warranty (+extended) is offered ?
I have a Vu TV, I do see "Soap Opera effect", It has reduced after i switched-off noise reduction feature. But i still feel not very comfortable watching fast motion picture.

This is what Soap Opera effect -

Last edited by shamanth : 26th September 2017 at 16:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks