Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2017, 17:47   #8506
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Thanks. It costed me Rs 58030/- after discounts. (MRP on the box is Rs 111900)
I also checked out LG 49LJ 617T but went ahead with this one mainly due to it being 4K ultra HD and built in cromecast plus all ports etc. are either on the side or bottom. Non are at the back, easy to operate in wall mount installation.

As per Croma guys, this model is Croma exclusive, not available online at Flipkart, Amazon etc.
Hows the picture quality when you watch standard definition compared to Full HD tv. Also can you comment on the sound quality from speakers.
I have a full HD haier, 49 inch whose sound quality is pathetic and picture quality is also very average.
Old 12th December 2017, 19:46   #8507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hows the picture quality when you watch standard definition compared to Full HD tv. Also can you comment on the sound quality from speakers.
I have a full HD haier, 49 inch whose sound quality is pathetic and picture quality is also very average.
Coming from a 8 year old 32 inch LCD, 4K looks awesome and SD seems better than my previous LCD TV. I guess HDR is at play here.
Sound quality is very good for me (I am not a audiophile).
Attaching screen grabs of SD (news channel from hotstar) and 4K (from youtube).
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_2043.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_2046.jpg  

Old 13th December 2017, 13:07   #8508
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, we have a Sony 4K Android TV x85c. When playing movies continuously from a 1TB hard drive connected on the USB port, the TV plays about 3 movies and some time after that starts to buffer.

The video files are in the same folder, but the folder has a large number of files - a few hundred videos /movies. When this happens, we need to power cycle the TV.

Any idea what could be the reason ?

Last edited by condor : 13th December 2017 at 13:28.
Old 13th December 2017, 17:57   #8509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, we have a Sony 4K Android TV x85c. When playing movies continuously from a 1TB hard drive connected on the USB port, the TV plays about 3 movies and some time after that starts to buffer.

The video files are in the same folder, but the folder has a large number of files - a few hundred videos /movies. When this happens, we need to power cycle the TV.

May be that there are too many files in one directory. All the names are always in buffer, so may be after some time the buffer fills up. Best to have a number of directories with say a hundred files in each.
Old 13th December 2017, 18:42   #8510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I used to struggle with the TV movie listing of my collection of movies. Set up an old viao laptop as HTPC and watching your movie collection through Kodi is an experience by itself
Old 14th December 2017, 08:51   #8511
BHPian

Quote:
This is what I understand.
X85C is 2015 model and has less processing power (CPU/GPU) compared to, say, dedicated Android TV players etc. The Video files needs to be trans-coded on the TV itself for both video and audio and hence it kind of maxes out on Memory. A reboot/restart will fix this like any slow android device that runs out of memory.

On other hand, if you use any external Player (BluRay player/Home Theater Receiver, Fire TV, Android TV Player, etc.), you will not run into this problem because all processing will happen on the device and TV will only display the Input AV signal with its Picture up scaling, audio output etc.

More Files in the directory only needs some power/time to index/explore the files and ideally should have no effect during playback.
Old 15th December 2017, 16:11   #8512
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I had purchased a LG UH850T 4K smart TV 18 Months back. The TV was all fine but for last few days the wifi signals drops randomly. It just drops and doesn't detect any wifi signals. Only way to get it back is by powering it OFF and ON. Now it does not hold signal for more than 15 Minutes. Registered a case with LG and they suspect to be some issues with PCB.

Before I accept for the hardware to be replaced wanted to understand if anyone encountered similar issues and if there is any known solutions.

Please advice
Old 15th December 2017, 19:49   #8513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Hello Friends,

I had purchased a LG UH850T 4K smart TV 18 Months back. The TV was all fine but for last few days the wifi signals drops randomly. It just drops and doesn't detect any wifi signals. Only way to get it back is by powering it OFF and ON. Now it does not hold signal for more than 15 Minutes. Registered a case with LG and they suspect to be some issues with PCB.

Before I accept for the hardware to be replaced wanted to understand if anyone encountered similar issues and if there is any known solutions.

Please advice

Have not experienced this as yet, I have a LG full HD 47 in my room. Sometimes it does happen that I have to go to the network settings , remove the current wifi and then sign into the wifi all over again. This happens around once a month.

Is it in a space that has poor wifi signal? I have a range extender at home and this room tv gets its signals from the extender. The TV in the hall gets it from the router direct.

Also if the technician suggests something really expensive, do not bother to change the hardware. Just get yourself the Amazon Firestick. The experience is far superior to the the LG smart. It should cost you 4K with an year worth of prime.

My Pansonic 58 in the hall is a full HD non smart tv and I love the Firestick experience.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Old 5th January 2018, 14:44   #8514
BHPian

I am looking for a way to recycle or resell my LED TV. There is physical damage to the panel and have been advised by the technician to sell off the TV. The TV repair guys can re-use the main board and speakers.

Is there any online service which provided this service? Any experiences.
Old 5th January 2018, 17:50   #8515
BHPian

I'm planning to buy vu 43' full HD non smart TV for my room. Only criteria is that it should detect 1TB hdd and play most audio video files. Anyone who can confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

PS:Already have lg and Sony. So looking for a budget alternative this time
Old 5th January 2018, 18:50   #8516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this solved? Could be an app issue. What app are you using for playing movies? I have used mxplayer & VLC, but never for more than one movie at a time.

PS: 3 movies means the hard-disk being accessed heavily for over 6 hours. Could this be a disk problem?
Old 7th January 2018, 12:33   #8517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
I'm planning to buy vu 43' full HD non smart TV for my room. Only criteria is that it should detect 1TB hdd and play most audio video files. Anyone who can confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

PS:Already have lg and Sony. So looking for a budget alternative this time
I think that the maximum size which will be detected is 512GB. We have a Vu 40 inch TV and were told that this by the customer care number. I would advise you to call the help line number and ask about your specific model. Worst case, take a 1TB hard disk to a showroom and check it for yourself.
Old 8th January 2018, 20:11   #8518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I think that the maximum size which will be detected is 512GB. We have a Vu 40 inch TV. Worst case, take a 1TB hard disk to a showroom and check it for yourself.
Thanks for your reply. A friend bought 39' Vu TV last week. Gave him my 1TB HDD to test and let me know. He said the TV could play movies and music with ease. Even 1080p (file size>1GB) videos played. That clarifies my doubts. I'm gonna go and check out his TV this week. Will post my observations here.

BTW, how is the sound quality? I m not an audiophile but expect clarity in movie dialogues.
Old 8th January 2018, 20:26   #8519
BHPian

Quote:
That clarifies my doubts. I'm gonna go and check out his TV this week. Will post my observations here.
Thank you very much in advance.
I am looking for feedback on Vu 39 inch FHD TV that is for sale in Flipkart.
Will be waiting for your inputs here .
Old 9th January 2018, 10:31   #8520
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. A friend bought 39' Vu TV last week. Gave him my 1TB HDD to test and let me know. He said the TV could play movies and music with ease. Even 1080p (file size>1GB) videos played. That clarifies my doubts. I'm gonna go and check out his TV this week. Will post my observations here.

BTW, how is the sound quality? I m not an audiophile but expect clarity in movie dialogues.
Glad to know that the TV is able to play 1TB hard disk. The Vu TV which I am using is a secondary TV for my room (Living room has a LG). The sound quality is just about okay. I did not face any issues or difficulty in understanding dialogues etc.

Most Viewed