Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2018, 17:22   #8641
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

I am contemplating buying the IFFALCON 55 in 4K TV. Anybody using the TV here, reviews ? Do we have any other 55 inch options within 50K ?
Old 6th June 2018, 17:40   #8642
BHPian

Finally, replaced our 9 year old LG 19 inch LCD TV with a LG 49 Inch Smart TV

Model - LG 49 LJ 617T
Price - 53 K along with 2.5K cash back
Bought it from Devi International, Bangalore.

Upgraded the set top box to HD and now all set for the FIFA World Cup and new Premier League season!
Old 11th June 2018, 10:34   #8643

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
I am contemplating buying the IFFALCON 55 in 4K TV. Anybody using the TV here, reviews ? Do we have any other 55 inch options within 50K ?
I had it delivered to me yesterday. Installation scheduled for today. Will post a review here.
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:04   #8644
BHPian

So my LG OLED 65B6T crossed its warranty period in March 2018. Mid May for some reason all my HDMI ports stopped working. When either a STB or a Laptop is connected via HDMI cable, there is a input detection but no picture or sound - just a blank black screen. Called LG support to check if anything could be done. They registered a complaint. The technician called me and asked what the issue was. On description, he concluded that the PCB board/assembly which controls the HDMI/USB ports needs to be changed as that is the only conclusion. This without coming home and checking the television or any troubleshooting.

From my websearch I see this could be the probable root cause of the problem. However what disappoints me is the callous attitude of LG service for a premium product for which I shelled close to 5 big ones last year. If 5 lakh rupee tv cannot command good service from LG, I am only hoping the other price brackets are treated better!

The costs shared are INR - 7500+ Service charges of 1500 + 18% GST. Roughly a dent of 9300 INR.

I am reaching out to this forum to check if PCB assembly boards do cost in that price bracket? Since its a costlier TV and I have extended warranty only for panel, I am hesitant to get this worked on from a local technician. All in all I expected better from LG.
Old 3rd July 2018, 20:48   #8645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
The costs shared are INR - 7500+ Service charges of 1500 + 18% GST. Roughly a dent of 9300 INR.

Cost is correct. You can get cheaper Chinese boards for 2k but they will have very limited number of ports + older versions of HDMI.

Usually LG stocks all such boards in India so they can ship it in 2 -3 days.

One troubleshooting you might want to do is to reset the TV. https://www.lg.com/uk/support/solutions/tv/reset-tv
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:49   #8646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
One troubleshooting you might want to do is to reset the TV. https://www.lg.com/uk/support/solutions/tv/reset-tv
Thank you for clarifying. I actually did try resetting. But to no avail. One of the popular methods of salvaging the PCB as per some forums is baking the chip. The temperature certainly needs to be maintained at a constant. This apparently resets the soldered connects and many have had success. I for one did not have the heart to try this
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:57   #8647
BHPian

Quote:
When either a STB or a Laptop is connected via HDMI cable, there is a input detection but no picture or sound - just a blank black screen.
Although you must have done it but did not mention so thought of asking.
Have you already tried different HDMI Cable and made sure it is not a simple case of a bad cable?
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:20   #8648
Senior - BHPian

Received the Mi TV 4, 55", two days back and was installed yesterday by the service provider of Flipkart called Jeeves. Got the wall mount for 499 extra. The IR cable for set top box was not in the box and the detailed manual was also missing. Only a single page installation guide was found inside the box. The installer provided the IR cable for free but it's working with the set top box is far from satisfactory. Got it wall mounted. The picture quality is excellent for the price especially the HD channels and the Full HD content through my Intel NUC and OpenELEC combination is mind blowing. The details of the eyelashes in the opening scene of 'Alien : Covenant' is flawless. The blacks and whites are also displayed quite perfectly in full HD content. However SD channels on Tata Sky are displayed quite poorly. The flaws are highlighted due to the large size of the panel. Sound quality is quite average and nothing home to write about. I am using it with my Yamaha AVR and 6.1 system anyways. Will be upgrading to HDMI based Marantz 5012 shortly. Overall a great TV for the price.
PS - Please note that there is NO MUTE button on the remote, quite irritating.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd July 2018 at 22:22.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:21   #8649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Although you must have done it but did not mention so thought of asking.
Have you already tried different HDMI Cable and made sure it is not a simple case of a bad cable?
Yes sir. All combos of different devices, cables and ports. I tried it all
Not sure how all 4 HDMI can go kaput. Did not notice any kind of voltage fluctuations too. Heavy Duty stabilizer is connected but the PCB is separate from the main board.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:34   #8650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post

You have vu & mi. I am not very sure about ifalcon. Don't buy something which is not established itself in the market. I bought a 49 inches Sanyo just when it was launched and I am not very happy about the purchase. Vu has very positive reviews. My only apprehension is the refresh rate is 50 hz as compared to Mi which has a 60 hz refresh rate.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:39   #8651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
You have vu & mi. I am not very sure about ifalcon. Don't buy something which is not established itself in the market. I bought a 49 inches Sanyo just when it was launched and I am not very happy about the purchase. Vu has very positive reviews. My only apprehension is the refresh rate is 50 hz as compared to Mi which has a 60 hz refresh rate.
What exactly is the issue with your sanyo?
Iffalcon has positive reviews so far. However, an owners perspective here will give better insight. In my opinion VU, MI, Iffalcon are one and the same. Can't compare them with LG, Sony etc. But, then they are really cost effective.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:57   #8652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
What exactly is the issue with your sanyo?
Iffalcon has positive reviews so far. However, an owners perspective here will give better insight. In my opinion VU, MI, Iffalcon are one and the same. Can't compare them with LG, Sony etc. But, then they are really cost effective.

I already had a 40 inches Micromax. The picture clarity is awesome in Micromax however if I play the same content in Sanyo the picture is grainy. Though there is nothing wrong with it but it's nowhere near Micromax. I am not even comparing with likes of Sony & Samsung.
Old 3rd July 2018, 23:22   #8653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Received the Mi TV 4, 55"
I have been using this TV since March. At this price point this is really the best. I have Xbox One X and Den cable connected to it. Streaming 4K content through Xbox One X, as the Mi TV doesn't. Using Netflix, Amazon Prime and the 4K content just blows one away. Gaming on 4K is amazing too.

Only grouse is the sound lag when you connect sound system to the TV. As voice goes from console/setup box to the tv then from tv to the sound system. Found a fix for it, straight away connected soundbar to the console. I do not watch anything apart from sports on TV and family doesn't require good sound so did not connect soundbar to setup box.

Yes the sound is average but mostly when you wall mount it, I have not used the wallmount so the sound bounces of the table and kind of enhances it a bit not much but is acceptable.

My current setup.
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-7cb1f9dc3e4f4e129be496da2b09128c.jpeg
Old 4th July 2018, 09:06   #8654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how all 4 HDMI can go kaput. Did not notice any kind of voltage fluctuations too. Heavy Duty stabilizer is connected but the PCB is separate from the main board.

Most probably a blown HDMI Interface Driver or loose connection (It is a chip that is surface mounted). It costs just 500 Rs, but to keep an technician on payroll who can diagnose such issues will cost more than 9k to consumer.

Hence, they are taking easier way out by replacing the whole board.

In this video, technician shows the chip that he re-soldered in addition to fixing loose connections.

Old 9th July 2018, 19:46   #8655
Senior - BHPian

Our LG 3D Smart LED TV has malfunctioned (or is it?).
The TV turns ON. But no picture appears or sound is heard. I have shown it to a known Mechanic and was told that Motherboard has gone kaput.
No part on Motherboard appears burnt visibly to naked eye though.

Could someone please help me in sourcing a new Motherboard for above? I have posted the sticker image on back of TV-
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20180709_191836.jpg

On searching online, came across different prices on eBay.com and aliexpress from $77.xx to $99.xx without shipping and customs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks