Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 10:04   #9016
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Thank you. Read somewhere that it supports Ad (pressing Back button on the remote closes the Ad) and sometimes shows adult ads too, so I didn't try it.
Yes, ads do come sometimes.

However, I see only "Amazon Kindle" ads and a few kids games ads.

I use it primarily since I can watch webseries and latest movies also.
Old 9th August 2019, 12:07   #9017
BHPian

UPDATE:
Never expected such an after sales support from a chinese brand because i was expecting the same bla bla over why not to buy a chinese product but i would say after this experience go over and buy that MI Led Tv.

Had registered the complaint regarding what i was facing on 31 July in morning on a link which is sent to you by the customer care of MI and could get an appointment of next day and scheduled it for 6:00 to 8:00 pm, was thinking it would have been better if they come the same day as i was free that day and VOILA! my phone rang around 13:00 and it was the MI guy and asked me if he could come today and he came around 15:00 recorded the issue on his phone, made some calls as he himself had seen the issue very first time and told us the panel would be replaced and it will be ordered and will arrive in 3-4 days and on Saturday the MI guy came and swapped the motherboard onto a new TV panel and left but the issue still existed not to that extent as it happened only once in a day and TV would become normal after that, the issue was so random that i was not able to make a video of the issue and this time screen would flicker also.

Last night was able to record the issue and registered the complaint and MI guy showed up today and narrowed down the issue to the ribbon connector which was connected to TV from motherboard and replaced the same and the output of the TV has only gotten better on 1080p/HD content. I am a fully satisfied MI Customer.

Last edited by revvharder : 9th August 2019 at 12:08.
Old 11th August 2019, 15:53   #9018
BHPian

My VU 55 LED turned itself off and now refused to power up. LED indicator near remote sensor just keeps blinking slowly.
What could be the problem?
Old 11th August 2019, 16:13   #9019
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
i would say after this experience go over and buy that MI Led Tv.
How is picture quality of the TV? On SD Channels & HD channels? Is it comparable to an LG/Sony etc?
Old 12th August 2019, 08:31   #9020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How is picture quality of the TV? On SD Channels & HD channels? Is it comparable to an LG/Sony etc?
This should answer that quite well :

In case the terminology seems a bit complex, and if you do not watch the same channel's other television reviews (Sony, Samsung, Panasonic), it is a write-off in terms of HDR, sub-par detail and poor blacks, but decent default picture quality and value for money (though they play ads to monetize themselves).

Not a patch on Sony.
Old 12th August 2019, 09:07   #9021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You can't really compare MI with LG, Samsung, Sony they are in different league altogether. It is like comparing Maruti to Mercedes and likes.
You should be comparing MI with TCL, MarQ, and such brands.

Honestly i did not really go in a showroom and compare different TV's. I just ordered it on flipkart along with extended warranty.

The viewing angles are good. 1080p/HD content is also good and have not watched SD content so can't comment on that.

Overall I upgraded from a LCD so I do not miss anything.
Old 13th August 2019, 22:27   #9022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Pls. do give it a try if Patchwall allows side loading of apps. Since the newer TVs boot into Android, I tend to forget using patchwall.
Many thanks for sharing this app. 😊Works absolutely fine with the patchwall OS. Has probably all the channels on air. One shouldn’t need any other app when using it.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 14th August 2019, 16:28   #9023
BHPian

I've installed Thop TV in my Firestick and it works just fine. You'll need an app named Downloader for downloading/installing ThopTV.
Old 20th August 2019, 11:38   #9024
BHPian

I have recently bought an "Idiot" Samsung 43incher with FireTV stick. Any help on sideloading Airtel TV? Lots of Youtube videos are there but I am not able to find my firetv in APP2Fire APP.
Old 20th August 2019, 19:22   #9025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I have recently bought an "Idiot" Samsung 43incher with FireTV stick. Any help on sideloading Airtel TV? Lots of Youtube videos are there but I am not able to find my firetv in APP2Fire APP.
Your android phone / tablet and fire tv both should be on the same wifi network, preferably same frequency too (2.5Ghz or 5Ghz) but that should probably not matter. Make sure in your fire stick / tv, under developer options, ADB is enabled. The first time you connect using apps2fire, there will be a prompt on the TV to accept the ADB connection and trust it or something. Do that. Once done, you are ready to install apps wirelessly.
The ADB prompt won't come from next time, just find fire tv in apps2fire and install apps.
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:29   #9026
Team-BHP Support

Replaced the ageing Toshiba LCD at our parents place with a Panasonic (TH-50FS600D). Looked at a couple of options from LG as well, but I liked the Panasonic panel better, and also the smart features are so easy to use, especially with the programmable MyApp button on the remote.
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:37   #9027
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am using an Amazon Fire TV stick on my older TV. Something I have noticed before but not paid much attention to is the way it goes through batteries. Mine hardly last a week. Has anyone else faced this problem? In fact, I have 2 Fire sticks and have the same issue on both of them.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
SS
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:45   #9028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

I am using an Amazon Fire TV stick on my older TV. Something I have noticed before but not paid much attention to is the way it goes through batteries. Mine hardly last a week. Has anyone else faced this problem? In fact, I have 2 Fire sticks and have the same issue on both of them.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
SS
Display & Sounds - HDMI CEC Device Control - please change the default status to the other one. I had the same problem and this fixed it.
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:51   #9029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,
Any suggestions? Regards,
SS
Have the same problem. The remote was running through batteries like no tomorrow.
At first it did not bother me but later found the burn rate too much to take.
Nowadays, i keep the batteries inserted only when using the Fire Stick.
Otherwise the batteries are out and kept near the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Display & Sounds - HDMI CEC Device Control - please change the default status to the other one. I had the same problem and this fixed it.
Will try this asap. Thanks

Last edited by Ithaca : 23rd August 2019 at 21:53.
Old 23rd August 2019, 21:57   #9030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi Eddy,
Thanks for the prompt response.
I have a fairly old Samsung TV.
I could not find HDMI CEC Device Control anywhere in the Menu.
Could you please be a little more specific?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
SS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks