Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2019, 18:52   #9241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Dont see an option. The TV is a full HD tv. The same on my 10 year old Samsung LCD showed screen resolution at 1080p.
Could it be a possible fraud case?
In many TV sets the resolution can be changed in the setup. Check if your TV has this facility and try setting it to full HD.
Old 24th December 2019, 18:55   #9242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Dont see an option. The TV is a full HD tv. The same on my 10 year old Samsung LCD showed screen resolution at 1080p.
Could it be a possible fraud case?
Found this thread. I guess it's the resolution of the player playing the video which is 720p and not of the TV panel itself.
Old 3rd January 2020, 14:20   #9243
Senior - BHPian

My folks are planning to upgrade a Sony TV that is 9 years old.
We have shortlisted the Sony X8000G 65 inch: URL

Any thoughts on the above TV? Seems to meet the criteria of having Android, support for Apps, 4K and Large Size at 65 inch.

Also, anyone has contacts of a second hand TV dealer in Bangalore to whom we can sell off our old Sony TV?
Old 3rd January 2020, 15:24   #9244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Any thoughts on the above TV? Seems to meet the criteria of having Android, support for Apps, 4K and Large Size at 65 inch.

Also, anyone has contacts of a second hand TV dealer in Bangalore to whom we can sell off our old Sony TV?
Sony TVs in general are fairly reliable, and the above TV should last you well.

Only con is that they are pricey to buy and repair should something go wrong - in my case my 65" LED Screen needs to be replaced, and the quote is comparable (if not more expensive) than buying a 4K Smart UHD TV from the newer companies like VU.

Regarding selling the old TV - ask your local electronics stores. Don't expect too much however given how technology and all has changed. May just be better off passing it down to someone else - like househelp / driver.
Old 5th January 2020, 23:42   #9245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Booked the Sony 4K 55 inch TV with Reliance Digital last evening. This is Linux OS based model 7002G. Costed about 71k after all discounts and offers, which was not much by the way. Have never used a stabiliser till date for my existing Sony 32 LCD, but considering the investment I thought it was better to be safe than sorry....
Thank you @motorworks for your time on the research and the post here that helped me take the decision.

My 12 yr old Onida TV finally started showing signs of ageing and was looking for a replacement. I saved myself the trouble of researching and decided to piggyback on your review and went ahead with the purchase of 49 inch Sony 7002G Linux OS from Reliance Digital world. As expected the price at Sony outlet was way higher and Croma was marginally higher. Since there was Rs 2,500/- cashback offer at Reliance using a specific credit card, went ahead and brought the TV. Also purchased 2 yrs extended warranty from Reliance ResQ.

Total amount: TV Rs 60,000/- (after card cashback) + 2yrs extended warranty 10,000/- (after discount). Got a wall mount bracket (fixed type) and WIFI smart plug along with the TV at no extra cost.

During installation, the service engineer (from Reliance ResQ) brought a swivel type wall mount bracket and suggested me to use this instead citing ease of regular cleaning of the TV backside and also for easy wire connection. Hence went ahead and purchased the same @Rs 2800/- from the engineer.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th January 2020 at 00:56. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 6th January 2020, 10:58   #9246
BHPian

Sony TVs are usually pricey but I feel they are reliable. I have no clue about latest ones, but when big screen TVs was a big thing, I bought a Sony 46 Inch TV from a Grey Market Shop for 1.1 Lakh back in End of 2009 (I think it was more than 1.75 Lakh if bought officially from Sony Store). It was a huge risk as there was no warranty except the local shop giving their own warranty. Till date, the TV is working fine and I see no reason to change it. I would definitely love a 65 Inch but this works and for now 46 Inch is good for us so why change.
Old 6th January 2020, 12:40   #9247
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest for investing in an Oled display and extended warranty. You can get a good deal on LG Oled + Sound Bar combo under 2L in retail outlets. Also, having Dolby Vision and DTS built in are good options.
Old 8th January 2020, 16:34   #9248
BANNED

Quote:

Using a 43 inch Sony Android for last 3 years. Built-in android might really turn you into Netflix et all out of good old DTH. If you have an android phone, casting is seamless.

Picture quality, sound and WI-FI range is good. USB stick can be used to expand storage, but will advised against downloading too much apps and offline contents on your TV.
Only Sony branded Bluetooth headsets/speakers are recognized.

Do note, for current generation TVs, reliability is a hit or miss. Consider getting extended warranty from Sony if available for your model and comes within your budget.

Regarding your old TV, OLX is the best way. Don't expect anything more than peanuts though. OLX might get you a bag of peanuts, where exchange at shop will get you a single peanut at most.
Old 8th January 2020, 19:36   #9249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Don't expect too much however given how technology and all has changed. May just be better off passing it down to someone else - like househelp / driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Regarding your old TV, OLX is the best way. Don't expect anything more than peanuts though. OLX might get you a bag of peanuts, where exchange at shop will get you a single peanut at most.
Did the same - put out an Ad on Olx and sold the existing Sony TV (Bravia KDL-W850A) for 25,000 today. Now deciding on X8000G vs X9500G.

Is the Acoustic Multi-Audio and Full Array LED Local Dimming feature worth the extra amount over the other?
Old 15th January 2020, 19:12   #9250
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the support and recommendations, we finally purchased the Sony X8000G 65 inch 4K LED Android TV. More details about the model can be found here: URL

I must add that the 65 inch experience is a noticeable upgrade over 55 inch and the larger 65 inch gives a much superior viewing experience. Thanks to Android and Google Assistant with Voice Enabled Mic on the remote accessing the Smart TV features are even easier. Overall very happy with the purchase.
Old 15th January 2020, 23:20   #9251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Only Sony branded Bluetooth headsets/speakers are recognized.
My 55 inch 9 series Bravia of 2018 i.e. x9000F (Dubai model) recognises my Shanling M100 BT earphones but only has to manually connect. Connection is not seamless though i.e. just switching on does not connect automatically.
Old 16th January 2020, 12:20   #9252
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
My 55 inch 9 series Bravia of 2018 i.e. x9000F (Dubai model) recognises my Shanling M100 BT earphones but only has to manually connect. Connection is not seamless though i.e. just switching on does not connect automatically.
You are lucky my friend.

My TV wont detect neither my Harman BT speaker nor my Blaupunkt headphone.
Found this link on Sony India support page for allowed models and devices.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd February 2020 at 12:28. Reason: Herman > Harman.
Old 16th January 2020, 21:10   #9253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Thank you @motorworks for your time on the research and the post here that helped me take the decision.

Total amount: TV Rs 60,000/- (after card cashback) + 2yrs extended warranty 10,000/- (after discount). Got a wall mount bracket (fixed type) and WIFI smart plug along with the TV at no extra cost.

During installation, the service engineer (from Reliance ResQ) brought a swivel type wall mount bracket and suggested me to use this instead citing ease of regular cleaning of the TV backside and also for easy wire connection. Hence went ahead and purchased the same @Rs 2800/- from the engineer.

Hey, happy to know that you have made a good purchase! Im sure Sony is well worth the slight premium we pay.

On the other hand, also for the benefit of all other folks here, I would like to share an incident on the swivel type installation bracket which Reliance folks try to sell to buyers. To each his own judgement, but I learnt it the hard way. When the TV was being installed, the service guy kept insisting that the I would not be able to reach my power socket which would come up behind the TV since the TV would fit very close to the wall. So he kept insisting that the swivel mount was the only way out. I was actually quite busy with something else that day, so I let him install the swivel. But after he installed, I realised that the TV was protruding out quite a bit and the swivel moved at the slightest touch. Worse still was the fact that I could have easily reached the power socket with the regular bracket.
I was furious the next day, quite late obviously, and having spent 3k! So I got him to come back, uninstall the swivel, and install the regular bracket that came with Sony. Got the money back as well. But the flip side is that I have 4 extra holes in the Wall, although the TV covers it. Lesson learnt.
Old 19th January 2020, 00:25   #9254
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
I just saw the 65 inch variant of this model on Flipkart listed at 1.3 lakhs, which I think is a good price. However, on contacting a sales chap at Reliance Digital, I was informed that this model has been discontinued.

Some online research tells me that the successor of this model (the X9500G) is hardly any different except for an upgraded processor, and it costs 2.2 lakhs which is way beyond my means.

Is it still a good idea to buy the X9000F from Flipkart? The Samsung Frame 65 inch variant is listed at 1.4 lakhs but the Sony seems much better value in comparison.

Also, how has your experience been with this television?

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the support and recommendations, we finally purchased the Sony X8000G 65 inch 4K LED Android TV.
How much did this cost you and where did you buy it from?

Last edited by Oxy : 19th January 2020 at 00:29.
Old 21st January 2020, 17:31   #9255
BHPian

Today got delivered ONIDA 108 cm (43 Inches) Full HD Smart IPS LED TV – Fire TV Edition through AMAZON. Yet to install it.

I was searching for a smart TV in replacement of my 1.5 yrs old VIDEOCON 43" FHD LED TV. I wan't facing much issues with this TV but considering future service issues (as VIDEOCON is no more in the business), booked ONIDA FIRE TV as outcome of impulse decision.

Has anyone bought ONIDA Fire TV ? How's the experience ? Is it possible to connect Google Chromecast to it ? (since I already have it)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks