Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2020, 20:27   #9286
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Just now bought a Cloudwalker 4k 43 inch smart Tv from Amazon for 21k. We have cloudwalker 55inch TVs in our office and it is working great. Cloudwalker pricing is jaw dropping. 55 inch comes for 28k. My BIL bought a 55 inch samsung for nearly 1 lakh couple of months back. Thought this might be useful info for some hence posting.

https://www.amazon.in/CloudWalker-In...3053990&sr=8-6

Dev
Old 1st March 2020, 20:44   #9287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Pai Electronics
That would in all probability be an in house extended warranty. Still, it is worth considering.

We have been regulars with Pai for nearly a decade and have always had good service experience and even occasional replacements in Chikkamagaluru. But the service experience in Bengaluru is a level lower, though not necessarily bad. Have never had to escalate any issues beyond the showroom level.
Old 12th March 2020, 15:26   #9288
BHPian

Need a smart TV for corporate purpose within a budget of 73k. It should have wifi as well as lan connectivity & screen size should of 55 inches. Suggestions please.
Old 12th March 2020, 20:32   #9289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Need a smart TV for corporate purpose within a budget of 73k. It should have wifi as well as lan connectivity & screen size should of 55 inches. Suggestions please.

LG and Samsung Frame should also fit your budget
Mi Tv should be the best
TCL , iFalcon should be second best
Vu is also pretty good .
Old 12th March 2020, 21:31   #9290
BHPian

Quote:
Pretty much every LED smart TV will fit in your budget. I got a Hitachi 55" for 50k. LG and Samsung were around 55-60k. Sony was above 60k.
Old 12th March 2020, 21:41   #9291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
LG and Samsung Frame should also fit your budget
Mi Tv should be the best
TCL , iFalcon should be second best
Vu is also pretty good .
Any particular model i should look at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Pretty much every LED smart TV will fit in your budget. I got a Hitachi 55" for 50k. LG and Samsung were around 55-60k. Sony was above 60k.
I checked a few ones online but am not sure they have lan connectivity or not. Can you suggest any particular model which has both lan connectivity and in built wifi?
Old 12th March 2020, 21:55   #9292
BHPian

Quote:
Any particular model i should look at?

I checked a few ones online but am not sure they have lan connectivity or not. Can you suggest any particular model which has both lan connectivity and in built wifi?
Hitachi has LAN and inbuilt Wifi both, others should have too. Hitachi's own app store is pathetic though, I use a Firestick to compensate. Check out at any retail outlet, Hitachi retails through Croma only.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-20200312_214808.jpg  

Old 12th March 2020, 22:05   #9293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
I use a Firestick to compensate. Check out at any retail outlet, Hitachi retails through Croma only.
Thanks a lot. Will check in nearest Croma.
Old 15th March 2020, 17:04   #9294
Senior - BHPian

This is more of technical question on Smart TV and Wifi Issue but I think should be common given how popular OTT Platforms are these days.

Context:
I was on BSNL Bharat Fiber Broadband for a year and it is about to expire this month. I have two Sony Smart TVs at home and both are Android TVs with support for Apps like Youtube, PrimeVideo, Hotstar etc. Since my BSNL Connection was expiring I opted for ACT Fibernet and this was enabled yesterday.

Problem:
  1. My Laptop (Windows 10) is able to connect flawlessly to the ACT Broadband and works fine.
  2. My Android 10 based mobile K20 Pro again is working without issues.
  3. However, both my Smart TVs (Tv1 is Android Oreo 8 and Tv2 is Android 7 Nougat) seem to have a problem in accessing Internet despite connecting via Wifi.

They connect via the Built-In WiFi Receiver to the Broadband but Internet does not seem to work. Did some Google Search and found this video :
URL

Tried what was recommended there - by adjusting the Time and then setting it to Network Time. The "Wifi Connected, No Internet" changes to "Wifi Connected" but the net result is still the same - the TV is not able to connect to Internet for the OTT Apps.

Here are the steps I have tried so far:
1. Tried steps recommended in the above video - no success
2. Factory Reset of the Android TV. Repeat the steps called out in video above - no success
3. Checked if there are any pending updates using a different Internet Connection and there is none.
3. I took out an old Android 6.0 TV Box I had at home based and I see the same issue happening even on the Android 6.0 TV Box.
4. Connnected the TV to Mobile Hotspot (Jio) and the Internet works flawlessly on the Smart TV
5. Connected the TV back to BSNL and it works flawlessly on the Smart TV
6. I have raised a ticket with ACT Fibernet, given that today is Sunday, they should attend tomorrow but meanwhile any help is appreciated

Based on the above i am concluding its some issue with Older Android based devices and ACT Fibernet. Has anyone faced similar issues? Please recommend if I can try any additional steps.

Note: I will possibly cross reference this from the Android Phone/Tablet forum as well.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 15th March 2020 at 17:08.
Old 15th March 2020, 21:31   #9295
Oxy
BHPian

Anyone using the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K? Reviews on Amazon suggest it is not different at all from the non 4K version.

A short review would really help.
Old 15th March 2020, 22:40   #9296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Anyone using the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K? Reviews on Amazon suggest it is not different at all from the non 4K version.

A short review would really help.
I am someone who has used Firestick right from first generation (with that tiny remote, back in 2015) to Fire Stick 2nd Gen, Fire TV 4K Box (not stick) and Fire Stick 4K. Currently, at my home, I have one TV with Fire Stick 4K, one TV with 4K Fire TV Box and one Onida Fire TV edition.

I can assert that the 4K Fire Stick is anytime better than the regular if you are planning to buy one. Apart from having 4K Support, the 4K stick is evidently faster than the 2nd Gen stick and just enhances the overall experience. I will any day recommend the 4K.

On a side note, we finally got the Onida 43 Inch Fire TV Edition and the picture quality is pretty good in this, having inbuilt fire tv is great and can work with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz brands of Wifi. Sound quality is flat as others have mentioned and if you are high on getting great sound, do not buy this TV. Even after doing some settings change, there isn't much you can do and may be good idea would be to buy a soundbar. Overall we are good with this TV as it is going to get limited use and for stuff where sound quality may not be of prime importance.
Old 15th March 2020, 23:06   #9297
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I can assert that the 4K Fire Stick is anytime better than the regular if you are planning to buy one.
Thanks a ton sir, this really helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Booked the Sony 4K 55 inch TV with Reliance Digital last evening. This is Linux OS based model 7002G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Thank you @motorworks for your time on the research and the post here that helped me take the decision.

I saved myself the trouble of researching and decided to piggyback on your review and went ahead with the purchase of 49 inch Sony 7002G Linux OS from Reliance Digital world.
Gents, if I may ask, how has your experience been with this TV so far? I need to replace my Panasonic plasma
Old 20th March 2020, 09:07   #9298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

Gents, if I may ask, how has your experience been with this TV so far? I need to replace my Panasonic plasma

Have been using the TV for about 4 months now, and thoroughly satisfied with the purchase. Quality in Sony is always top notch! A lot depends on the input though and some of content from Netflix is just surreal to watch!
I think the best part of Sony has always been that the video output seems a bit more natural than the over saturated colours that you see in few other TVs.
So, yes, would recommend this! A slight premium over Samsung, but well worth it.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 09:14   #9299
BHPian

I booked Mi LED Smart TV 4X (65 inch) last night. Paid 51K after after getting 4K valuation for old TV. Although heart aspired for Sony but mind settled for Mi due to budget constraints.
Hope it doesn't disappoint. The use cases are YouTube, Prime Video, Hotstar and Netflix. I'll try to post review after using for few days.
Old 20th March 2020, 09:28   #9300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I can assert that the 4K Fire Stick is anytime better than the regular if you are planning to buy one. Apart from having 4K Support, the 4K stick is evidently faster than the 2nd Gen stick and just enhances the overall experience. I will any day recommend the 4K.
When I upgrade to the 4K TV, the first purchase I will make is the 4K Fire stick.
Thank you for your review of the firestick.
Does it suffer the same battery drain issues that the regular fire stick does.
I wish they sold newer Fire Sticks with remotes that could be charged via a usb port.

Most Viewed