Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2020, 11:55   #9436
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Hi - Any one recently bought the Panasonic GX655 4k Android TVs? If so what is the feedback. Also, the stores do not have them for display and its not

5. Panasonic GX655 - seems to have all features and is an Android

6. Panasonic GX800D - Good PQ, but not an android TV. supports DV, HRD10+ etc.
I bought the Panasonic GX750 55” in Nov 2019. Not Android, but my primary requirement is PQ, and this TV is almost on par with Sony. Blacks are as inky as they can get on an LED, and 4K content looks pristine.

Smart features are not much to write about. Netflix, Prime and Youtube apps are available, that’s about it. The remote is old-fashioned too, as in large and unwieldy. However PQ is way superior to Samsung or LG and much more natural looking, in my opinion. So other things I compromised on.

The model itself was difficult to hunt down for demo, since most showrooms didn’t have one for display. The one place they had it quoted 76k, and I negotiated a deal for 69k.
Old 2nd July 2020, 00:49   #9437
BHPian

Bought Samsung 32" Smart TV on 24 June via Flipkart Model No: UA32TE40FAKXX. Have noticed dark spots and Vertical shadow. Is this normal or manufacturing defect?

The shadow is visible mainly on Blue or grey colour screen.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20200626_2249382.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20200630_1533312.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20200630_1534492.jpg  

Last edited by Gurudatta Nayak : 2nd July 2020 at 00:52.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:58   #9438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I bought the Panasonic GX750 55” in Nov 2019. Not Android, but my primary requirement is PQ, and this TV is almost on par with Sony. Blacks are as inky as they can get on an LED, and 4K content looks pristine.

Smart features are not much to write about. Netflix, Prime and Youtube apps are available, that’s about it. The remote is old-fashioned too, as in large and unwieldy. However PQ is way superior to Samsung or LG and much more natural looking, in my opinion. So other things I compromised on.

The model itself was difficult to hunt down for demo, since most showrooms didn’t have one for display. The one place they had it quoted 76k, and I negotiated a deal for 69k.
Thanks I checked this model too. We now have the newer model which is GX800D and then we have the Android TV. Am more inclined towards the Android TVs and hence the question. I know Pannys have good PQ.
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:09   #9439
BHPian

Looking to pick up a 55 inch 4K TV. Had pretty much shortlisted the VU 4K Ultra HD (55UT) 2020 model, and was just waiting for it to go back in stock on Amazon.

Any reviews on this from fellow members? (The thread search doesn't allow the search term 'Vu' as it is too short a string!)

However before getting this I want to take a look at the 55 inch OnePlus TV that is going to be released today. I know its going to be a bit more expensive but don't mind that if it's worth it and got some extra tech going for it.

Any other recommendations for 55 inches around the 40K mark?
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 14:21   #9440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Looking to pick up a 55 inch 4K TV. Had pretty much shortlisted the VU 4K Ultra HD (55UT) 2020 model, and was just waiting for it to go back in stock on Amazon.

Any reviews on this from fellow members? (The thread search doesn't allow the search term 'Vu' as it is too short a string!)

However before getting this I want to take a look at the 55 inch OnePlus TV that is going to be released today. I know its going to be a bit more expensive but don't mind that if it's worth it and got some extra tech going for it.

Any other recommendations for 55 inches around the 40K mark?
Check out the previous 4-5 pages. Two of us have bought the same on launch day.
No issues till now.
Pretty good VFM too at 36k with 3 year extended warranty.
WanderinNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:16   #9441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
Check out the previous 4-5 pages. Two of us have bought the same on launch day.
No issues till now.
Pretty good VFM too at 36k with 3 year extended warranty.
Thanks mate. If you have the 55 inch model would you be able to confirm the maximum distance between the table top stands? Find varying measurements online and the Vu website doesn't seem to answer clearly either.

Will decide on either this or the OnePlus in the next day or two.

Also, I'm a DIY kind of person and prefer doing the setup myself. If I unbox and set it up myself, does that affect the warranty in anyway?
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:45   #9442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Also, I'm a DIY kind of person and prefer doing the setup myself. If I unbox and set it up myself, does that affect the warranty in anyway?
Please don't do that. If the panel is faulty or some other issues the manufacturer can deny your claim citing terms and conditions which usually states only authorized technicians are supposed to set up the TV.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 01:17   #9443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The shadow is visible mainly on Blue or grey colour screen.
sometimes this may be a pattern and could be deliberate. Load a full blue image from some website or a usb and check.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 01:24   #9444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
sometimes this may be a pattern and could be deliberate. Load a full blue image from some website or a usb and check.
Tried loading on full blue image we can slightly notice the shadow. It's also visible on white background.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20200702_2221022.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20200702_2146132.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2020, 01:38   #9445
BHPian

Quote:
It's also visible on white background.
Yes, does seem to be an issue from these pics. You should invoke warranty and schedule a visit by the technician.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 03:42   #9446
BHPian

Quote:
Tried loading on full blue image we can slightly notice the shadow. It's also visible on white background.
It may be a case of the Dirty Screen Effect.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/pict...een-effect-dse

Try getting the panel replaced if you can.
omar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:13   #9447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Yes, does seem to be an issue from these pics. You should invoke warranty and schedule a visit by the technician.
Thanks diyguy and Omar. I have initiated return from Flipkart. The technician will inspect and send report for replacement.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 15:31   #9448
Oxy
BHPian

Heart warming to see an Indian brand (VU) having so many happy customers among us.

I currently have an 8 year old Panasonic plasma, which is 720p. So a jump to 4K is going to be huge for me. I'd be happy with a 50/55 inch Sony/Samsung/LG, but now I am thinking would it be better to buy a 65 or even a 75 inch VU for the same price or a slight premium. I understand there would probably be a massive difference in picture quality but how likely am I to notice that considering I have never even owned a Full HD television? It's a long term investment after all. Viewing distance is 15 feet and space is not an issue. My living room is very bright as well.

Also, is it advisable to go for an android TV for Google Home/Chromecast integration and for a wider range of apps, or does the Fire Stick 4K suffice in most cases? How much of a hassle is the lag on androids?

Some views on this would really help.

Last edited by Oxy : 4th July 2020 at 15:34.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 16:38   #9449
BHPian

I am thinking of buying a 40-43" LED TV to replace my current 32" one. On checking the prices online, most of the brand's (Sanyo, Mi, Onida, etc) were in the 20-25k range but Sony and LG were for around 36k. Any particular reason for the same as the panel is superior, etc or is it just because of the brand name? Our TV usage is very limited and would only be a couple of hours a day maximum.
Old 4th July 2020, 17:23   #9450
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
I am thinking of buying a 40-43" LED TV to replace my current 32" one. On checking the prices online, most of the brand's (Sanyo, Mi, Onida, etc) were in the 20-25k range but Sony and LG were for around 36k. Any particular reason for the same as the panel is superior, etc or is it just because of the brand name? Our TV usage is very limited and would only be a couple of hours a day maximum.
I think you should not be investing on the so called premium brands. Difference in picture quality will be there but it should not matter much considering your usage.

Here is an interesting option which look promising:

https://www.flipkart.com/launching-t...mart-tvs-store

Last edited by Oxy : 4th July 2020 at 17:24.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks