Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2020, 19:51   #9466
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have an LG Smart TV with WebOS -https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43LJ554T
You can login to sonyliv.com from the browser. The experience is not great but there's no alternative for now.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2020 at 13:23. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 18th July 2020, 21:38   #9467
Oxy
BHPian

I was under the impression that QLED televisions are pretty expensive, but this seems to be very reasonably priced. Thoughts would really help, thinking of taking the plunge.

https://www.flipkart.com/sansui-138c...m0f60fbdb55dee
Old 19th July 2020, 00:32   #9468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have an LG Smart TV with WebOS -https://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43LJ554T

I am unable to find Sony Liv App in the LG store. Is there a workaround for this?

Also, the TV has pre-installed apps like Zee5, Hotstar etc.

Even with good wifi (40+MBPS), the content takes lots of time to load and in some cases, it just throws 'retry' error on both of ZEE5 and Hotstar.

Any pointers?

Youtube and Amazon Prime work flawlessly though.
I also recently purchased an LG smart TV, and struggled with same issue of Sony Liv. After unsuccessfully trying some options(including browser, screen casting from phone etc), I resorted to using my older 2018 Fire Stick in my 2020 "Smart" TV.
Weird solution, but gives me a lot more flexibility now.
Old 20th July 2020, 11:31   #9469
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
I also recently purchased an LG smart TV, and struggled with same issue of Sony Liv. After unsuccessfully trying some options(including browser, screen casting from phone etc), I resorted to using my older 2018 Fire Stick in my 2020 "Smart" TV.
I think if you have a Fire Stick 4K then there is no point in looking to buy televisions running on a specific operating system of your preference. People should just buy any 4K TV whose picture quality they are satisfied with and use their Fire Stick on that extensively.

I am looking to do the same as I have a Fire Stick 4K but don't have a 4K television. Many folks say an Android TV helps for better Google integration but for primary viewing purpose I don't see it's importance when you have the Fire Stick.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 08:18   #9470
Senior - BHPian

Just a noob question, I have a 2019 Sony 55 inch 7002G, which runs on Linux and I was quite sure that this TV does not have Bluetooth built in. But I saw this listed as a possible Bluetooth device in my laptop while I was trying to connect to my wireless earphones. I checked the TV settings again and I could not find any Bluetooth setting or link. So either the device that shows up on my laptop is not mine, probably of a neighbour, who owns a newer model of the same make with Bluetooth or there is something in my TV that i cannot figure out!
Old 24th July 2020, 08:27   #9471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I think if you have a Fire Stick 4K then there is no point in looking to buy televisions running on a specific operating system of your preference. People should just buy any 4K TV whose picture quality they are satisfied with and use their Fire Stick on that extensively.

I am looking to do the same as I have a Fire Stick 4K but don't have a 4K television. Many folks say an Android TV helps for better Google integration but for primary viewing purpose I don't see it's importance when you have the Fire Stick.
Based on usage, FireStick is far more reliable than some android tv's. Even streams 1080p content in <5mbps situations in all the apps. Using it for 3+ years now.
Old 24th July 2020, 09:46   #9472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post

Not this issue but I have a different issue in using Sony Liv on MI TV patchwall oOS. I am unable to play any title as it gets stuck at the start on buffering itself. Just that I can only watch trailers. Eg. 1917. The issue is with all titles. I have very good internet connectivity and bandwidth is not an issue. Any help?
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:27   #9473
BHPian

So my plan to buy the OnePlus 55inch U1 TV did not work out as the TV hasn't even been available for a proper sale yet! Apparently due to Covid-19 and import restriction delays. It may come on sale during the Amazon prime days but now looking at other options around 50k for a 55-65 inch TV.

So any reviews by fellow members on the following ones?

1. Samsung (55 Inches) Wondertainment Series UA55TUE60AKXXL
2. LG (55 inches) 55UM7290PTD
3. Sony Bravia (55 inches) KD-55X7002G

Any others recommendations the price range would be much appreciated.

From previous comments I understand that the panels used by the big 3 (Samsung, Sony and LG) are much superior than any of the budget offerings, even though specs on paper may look similar - is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 6th August 2020, 09:06   #9474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just a noob question, I have a 2019 Sony 55 inch 7002G, which runs on Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
So at the end- got home a Sony Bravia TV (mouths says it's reliable).
Any reviews from fellow members on the Sony Bravia X74/X75 (or similar) series? Wondering whether it's worth the extra premium to pick one of these up over the slightly lower priced Samsung's/LG's?

Last edited by s4ch : 6th August 2020 at 09:10.
Old 6th August 2020, 12:44   #9475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Any reviews from fellow members on the Sony Bravia X74/X75 (or similar) series? Wondering whether it's worth the extra premium to pick one of these up over the slightly lower priced Samsung's/LG's?
Got the 55" X7500H 4K LED TV past Sunday from Reliance Digital. They matched the price on Amazon (which has now increased by 5K during Prime festival!!). The TV is based on Android OS and is pretty smooth. Picture quality is beyond impressive. Was watching Star Trek Beyond (2016) and loved the visuals! In-build speakers are impressive (though I will connect it to my Yamaha HT later). Saw a clear difference in picture quality between LG/ Samsung and Sony so went for the Bravia.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:49   #9476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I have Sony, LG and Samsung.
Sony PQ is above them for sure. Even if you do a side by side comparison at store it's quite evident. If budget permits and it's your primary TV I will always recommend Sony over LG/Samsung.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 13:46   #9477
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
So at the end- got home a Sony Bravia TV (mouths says it's reliable).
Is that the X95G? How is the TV sound quality?
Old 7th August 2020, 14:16   #9478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Got the 55" X7500H 4K LED TV past Sunday from Reliance Digital. They matched the price on Amazon (which has now increased by 5K during Prime festival!!). The TV is based on Android OS and is pretty smooth. Picture quality is beyond impressive.
I got the same model yesterday and I have to agree on the OS smoothness and PQ. I watched justice league yesterday night on Netflix and it was just brilliant. Only gripe I have is that during daytime or in bright light, the PQ tends to be on the dark side and I have to adjust brightness to the max and colours to the vivid mode. Would you mind sharing your picture settings. Thanks!
Old 8th August 2020, 09:28   #9479
Senior - BHPian

After dabbling with research on Mi, RealMe, Samsung etc..i finally thought that i might as well take a Sony. Took the Amazon Prime day deals and ordered their newly launched 65X7400H one on Thursday night. Delivery was on Friday noon and installation from Sony was completed on Saturday. (He had a mask, fresh new gloves, and a cover for his feet, and had Sanitised his palms before entering my house ).

What a buy it turns out. This is my first Sony TV and boy, its superb. Sound quality is very good. The response to the remote is super quick. The 4K quality is outstanding. I am overjoyed with the quality partly because my past TV's have been Philips and Videocons only and i hadn't experienced picture and sound and response rate quality like this in the past.

Typical buyer remorse, i am thinking if i should have bought a 55" instead. I somehow didn't realise it was that big. Even when we scouted around in showrooms, it did not occur this big to us, perhaps because the sections had all such Big TV's. But I guess I should get over it soon.

For now, we are enjoying the Big Screen.

(One grouse - The price at Amazon is down 10K just for some limited time today. So much for their Prime Day deals. tchh...)
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 09:36   #9480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Typical buyer remorse, i am thinking if i should have bought a 55" instead. I somehow didn't realise it was that big. Even when we scouted around in showrooms, it did not occur this big to us, perhaps because the sections had all such Big TV's. But I guess I should get over it soon.

For now, we are enjoying the Big Screen.

(One grouse - The price at Amazon is down 10K just for some limited time today. So much for their Prime Day deals. tchh...)
Congrats. You should write a mail to Amazon citing the difference and ask them to refund the balance. No harm in trying.

I am just opposite. I bought a Sony 55 inch for my bedroom couple of years back and since then I am thinking why didn't I bought 65 inch. I was moving from a 42 inch Samsung Plasma so I thought 55 inch will be fine. The bigger the TV the more you enjoy stuff like sports and movies. Trust me you will appreciate that sooner.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed