Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2020, 13:07   #9481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

My trusty 46" Panasonic TV decided to give up during last month's lockdown and i ended up picking up a Philips 58" 4k TV.

I was a bit apprehensive if it would be too big, but the almost frameless design helped

Good TV for 40k.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 15:13   #9482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Got the 55" X7500H 4K LED TV past Sunday from Reliance Digital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I got the same model yesterday and I have to agree on the OS smoothness and PQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
ATook the Amazon Prime day deals and ordered their newly launched 65X7400H one on Thursday night.
The X74/X75 series does look really tempting. Had a chat with Sony support and it seems the difference between the two series is only the Motion smoothness effect, it is '200' in X75 and '100' in X74 - whatever that means! Apparently the X74 is just an online only version of the X75.

Would someone be able to comment on the bezels size of these models? As they look quite thick in product pictures compares to other TV's. Also if you could post a picture of your setup with the TV that would be much appreciated for us contemplating to buy as reviews and videos are hardly available for these 2 models.

Thanks!
Old 8th August 2020, 22:01   #9483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Took the Amazon Prime day deals and ordered their newly launched 65X7400H one on Thursday night.
@jkrishnakj, Congratulations on your new TV. Wish you an awesome ownership experience.
Just remember to extend your manufacturer's warranty by two years before next August.

I will be going for a new TV - definitely a smart 4K TV. Old one is 55" and I plan to go for the 65". My only problem is that the TV stand is of a limited size.

Could you measure the distance between the TV legs. I am unable to find this information online. I will only go for this if it fits on my existing stand because I am not going to buy a new stand and we do not prefer to wall mount it.

Thanks in advance.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 12:11   #9484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I will be going for a new TV - definitely a smart 4K TV. Old one is 55" and I plan to go for the 65". My only problem is that the TV stand is of a limited size.

Could you measure the distance between the TV legs. I am unable to find this information online.
I think the info you are looking for is available here: Sony X74H Series Specifications. The stand width for the KD-65X7400H model is mentioned as Approx. 829 mm. Hope this helps.

On another note, I managed to pick up the 55inch X75 series at a killer price online from Reliance Digital! Super happy with the price (67k) while Amazon is still selling it at 80k.

Had gone back and forth over the last month or so on VU at 35k, OnePlus at 50k and Sony X74 at 64k. But when I saw X75 at this price just couldn't resist it. Will be delivered in another hour or so and can't wait!
s4ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 18:34   #9485
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
On another note, I managed to pick up the 55inch X75 series at a killer price online from Reliance Digital! Super happy with the price (67k) while Amazon is still selling it at 80k.
Amazon has also been forced into a price correction it seems. Looks like a great price for a recently launched model.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-Ce...6978110&sr=8-1
Old 9th August 2020, 20:12   #9486
BHPian

Quote:
Would someone be able to comment on the bezels size of these models? As they look quite thick in product pictures compares to other TV's. Also if you could post a picture of your setup with the TV that would be much appreciated for us contemplating to buy as reviews and videos are hardly available for these 2 models.

Thanks!
Here you go! I personally think that the fame is thin. A bezel less frame would have been an awesome touch. I got it for 72k/- from croma (This includes 2 years additional warranty)
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-5938aa2f7ace47558bbac0322436cf5a.jpeg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-21193e217746465eb06de9d59bff69df.jpeg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-044a3362ec7845c284fd2cf153ee2f24.jpeg  

Last edited by drive_angry : 9th August 2020 at 20:15.
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 20:42   #9487
BHPian

Quote:
The stand width for the KD-65X7400H model is mentioned as Approx. 829 mm. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the link and measuring the distance too. Much appreciated.
It helps and I can easily rule this out since it won't sadly fit on my stand.

Awesome about the TV Sir. Congratulation son your new purchase.
Old 10th August 2020, 11:59   #9488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
...I was trying to connect to my wireless earphones. I checked the TV settings again and I could not find any Bluetooth setting or link...
Sony Bravia only allows 8x and 9x series TVs to be connected with a Bluetooth headset. Even then not all headsets and soundbars are compatible. Check their website for the list of compatible devices.

Quote:
..From previous comments I understand that the panels used by the big 3 (Samsung, Sony and LG) are much superior than any of the budget offerings, even though specs on paper may look similar - is my understanding correct?
Yup, if picture quality is your main concern go for Sony>Samsung>LG>Rest all budget TVs.

Quote:
...I watched justice league yesterday night on Netflix and it was just brilliant. ...Would you mind sharing your picture settings. Thanks!
I checked the setting and I haven't made any changes. It is in standard mode (not even 'vivid'). Btw Justice League itself is a dark picture... I watched Planet Earth S02 yesterday and holy Vishnu, the picture quality is fabulous!

Quote:
...Would someone be able to comment on the bezels size of these models? As they look quite thick in product pictures compares to other TV's...
The bezels aren't zero but they aren't huge either. Don't worry about them.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 13:29   #9489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Amazon has also been forced into a price correction it seems. Looks like a great price for a recently launched model.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-Ce...6978110&sr=8-1
Checked this, but couldn't find it below 75k and now up to 80k. At least that is for delivery in Pune.

Quote:
Here you go! I personally think that the fame is thin. A bezel less frame would have been an awesome touch. I got it for 72k/- from croma (This includes 2 years additional warranty)
Great price as well including the warranty! How good are these dealer warranties as opposed to the one from Sony? It is about 12.5k for an additional 2 year warranty from Sony for 55 inch 4k TV's. Have just under a year to still buy the extension so thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Thank you for the link and measuring the distance too. Much appreciated.
It helps and I can easily rule this out since it won't sadly fit on my stand.

Awesome about the TV Sir. Congratulation son your new purchase.
Welcome and thanks! The Sony website has very detailed specs for all their models, including the distance between stands etc - not many other manufacturers list these in easy to find places.

Quote:
The bezels aren't zero but they aren't huge either. Don't worry about them.
Thanks, agreed! Don't think it would make too much of a difference without the bezels considering the PQ is so good!
Old 11th August 2020, 16:28   #9490
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have a 3 year old Sanyo 43 inch TV. Since today morning, the TV shuts off and turns on by itself. It stays on for 10 minutes or so and turns off again.

Does this mean that the motherboard has gone kaput? I was unable to find any Indian specific link to this issue.

Has anyone faced such an issue?
Old 11th August 2020, 19:15   #9491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Hi Guys, I have a 3 year old Sanyo 43 inch TV. Since today morning, the TV shuts off and turns on by itself. It stays on for 10 minutes or so and turns off again.

Does this mean that the motherboard has gone kaput? I was unable to find any Indian specific link to this issue.

Has anyone faced such an issue?
Faced this in my 42" Bravia recently. Called a local technician through Urban Clap. He replaced a board and everything cost me Rs.4k. The TV works like a charm now.
Old 11th August 2020, 19:17   #9492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Quote:
Faced this in my 42" Bravia recently.
Just curious, have you guys connected your TV to a sound system through the headphone out jack?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 19:54   #9493
BHPian

Quote:
Faced this in my 42" Bravia recently. Called a local technician through Urban Clap. He replaced a board and everything cost me Rs.4k. The TV works like a charm now.
Thank you. Will try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just curious, have you guys connected your TV to a sound system through the headphone out jack?
No, haven't connected.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 20:13   #9494
BHPian

Any one bought oled tv recently? How is the reliability and life of oled TVs now? I see that prices are coming down over time.
Old 11th August 2020, 20:14   #9495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Neither did I.

<More characters to post the message>

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks