Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 20:19   #9616
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Hello. I'm looking forward to buy an LED TV 55 in coming festive season. Have a budget of 60-70k max. Primary choice is Sony. Other brands also ok.

May I request others for suggestions in Sony and other brand as well
Old 17th October 2020, 20:45   #9617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Now I am not sure if I can cancel the order (how does he get the money back...to his credit card? I have never used Credit cards before).
I bought all my iPhones on Citibank Credit card with cash back after 3 months. What happens is in the 4th month, a cash back of ₹xxxx is mentioned as a credit in your statement. That has been my experience with Citibank. It must be similar for all cash back offers, I hope.

With regard Stabilizer, I too was to pick up V Guard Crystal Prime 200 which was a newer piece but it wasn’t available at the electrical stores & I bought V Guard Crystal Plus for ₹3350. The box clearly mentions smart TV 55” + set top box + gaming console. This is the latest version in the market. Do check it out.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-056d24e8ea724ef0885a5f22ea58923b.jpeg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-5481d564a8304cfeb4aec4cfe1d1901d.jpeg  

Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 20:49   #9618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
I am in the market for a 50 inch TV (more than adequate for my room and viewing distance) and came across this. The Samsung Serif

My other choice is the Sony 49x8000H, which is considerably cheaper. I am tempted by the Serif due to its looks (i saw it in the showroom, it looks wow) and Qled factor.
Mods please delete my reply as he has already bought the TV.

Last edited by CarNerd : 17th October 2020 at 20:57.
Old 17th October 2020, 21:04   #9619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
With regard Stabilizer, I too was to pick up V Guard Crystal Prime 200 which was a newer piece but it wasn’t available at the electrical stores & I bought V Guard Crystal Plus for ₹3350. The box clearly mentions smart TV 55” + set top box + gaming console. This is the latest version in the market. Do check it out.
Thank you for your response sir. I did order the V Guard Digi 200 Smart for Rs. 3,990 yesterday but cancelled it today thinking that I can get a UPS from APC around the same price and that will have AVR (Automatic voltage Regulator) plus provide me some backup so that my parents can switch off the TV safely.

I am currently trying to figure out which one to get for my requirements.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 11:20   #9620
BHPian

There is a 70 inch Philips 4k LED Smart TV on Flipkart priced at 73k since 2 days, but no reviews. Link
Moreover, I couldn't even find reviews on the web.
Any thoughts if its too good to be true ?

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 18th October 2020 at 11:22.
Old 18th October 2020, 16:22   #9621
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your recommendations.

Well I finally placed the order for a Samsung Frame 2020 (55 inch) from Flipkart yesterday...

I got the TV for Rs. 76,999 (I used a friends Credit card to get the Rs. 5000 discount over the Rs. 81,999 list price).
So, finally cancelled this order. While it seem great for the price offered (infact I don't think I will get anything this well rounded for PQ and features like HDMI 2.1) reliability concerns around the One connect box and invisible cable had me worried.

What pushed me over the edge though was Samsungs ridiculous extended warranty prices. QLED TV's 55" inch EW cost over Rs. 13,000/year (Sony's is more reasonable at Rs. 12,500/2 years). Not sure what quality of weed they are smoking at Samsung HQ.

I am now looking to get a TV around 40k (just for my parents). I can use the remaining amount to get myself a PS5 later on.

Can members here suggest a good 4k tv or provide their opinions on the below two choices:
  1. LG um7290. It's listed for Rs. 34,999 on flipkart. They are offering 3 year warranty as part of the offers on BBD.
  2. Sony x7002g. This one is listed for Rs. 39,999. I will need to get the extended warranty (Rs 5,500) for two years from Sony.

My parents living room is not that well lit and I am thinking of getting them a Tata Sky HD box. Their content consumption will just be SD/HD channels, Youtube and maybe Netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
There is a 70 inch Philips 4k LED Smart TV on Flipkart priced at 73k since 2 days, but no reviews. Link
Moreover, I couldn't even find reviews on the web.
Any thoughts if its too good to be true ?
Copy pasting from a senior member in an AV forum (not linking it since i am not sure if it's violates any forum rules).

[quote]
It was released only in this July. It's predecessor review
https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/philips-55pus681412
Picture processing, upscaling, detail retrieval, colours are all very good. Hopefully carried over to this year model. People tend to disregard the picture processing and see only the hardware specs. It's sad to see such a set hanging out with the likes of MI tv.

Also, 68** series is not DLED but edge lit and comes with all the issues if edge lit tvs. But fortunately, none of the edge lits are released in india. Avoid if released in future.
[\QUOTE]

Last edited by JithinR : 18th October 2020 at 16:51.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 02:22   #9622
BHPian

Quote:

I am now looking to get a TV around 40k (just for my parents). I can use the remaining amount to get myself a PS5 later on.

Can members here suggest a good 4k tv or provide their opinions on the below two choices:
  1. LG um7290. It's listed for Rs. 34,999 on flipkart. They are offering 3 year warranty as part of the offers on BBD.
  2. Sony x7002g. This one is listed for Rs. 39,999. I will need to get the extended warranty (Rs 5,500) for two years from Sony.

My parents living room is not that well lit and I am thinking of getting them a Tata Sky HD box. Their content consumption will just be SD/HD channels, Youtube and maybe Netflix.

[\QUOTE]
Are you sure you want a 4k tv? IMO for 40k it would be very difficult to get something of quality that is also 4k.

I would suggest getting something like Sony 43w800g (Full HD) which unlike the above two has Android OS giving you more options for 'smart tv'. Also with regards to you content consumption a FULL HD tv might make more sense given some 4k panels have trouble with SD content such as Tata Sky.

It is Sony's best Full HD tv available if that means something. If you really want a 4k tv in that budget, I'd suggest something from LG or Sharp
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 09:45   #9623
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

Both are excellent televisions but please keep a couple of things in mind before you make the purchase:

1. This particular LG model does not come with the magic remote, you need to buy it separately. The magic remote gives an unparalleled user experience.

2. This Sony model does not come with Android, but a Linux based operating system. So you cannot expect much in terms of being able to install anything that you like, but it does come preinstalled with the basic apps like Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube. Purchasing a Fire TV stick or something similar would be recommended to go with it if you don't already have one.

You won't go wrong with either of these, but I think the Sony will surely give you superior picture quality.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 10:49   #9624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Both are excellent televisions but please keep a couple of things in mind before you make the purchase:
Thank you. Actually since this is for my parents I don't think we need the magic remote. Android operating system (using firestick 4k) is something I need to take a proper look at but as long as the native Netflix/Amazon prime app is decent i don't think they will complain.

I am actually looking for review on stuff like contrast ratio, viewing angles (I guess LG one is IPS and the Sony one is VA panel not sure), motion handling and response time (since my dad watches sports) and upscaling for Tata Sky channel (since my mom will watch shows in it).

With these being low end models they are next to none decent reviews on stuff like this. Is the LG um7290 just a LG um7300 without the magic remote?

I am leaning towards the LG for now since it's
average price was around Rs. 36k being sold for Rs. 35k with three year extended warranty worth Rs. 6k.

The Sony one seems to have an average price of 46k and is being sold for 40k but I need to put in 5.5k for 2 year extended warranty.

I guess it comes down to whether the Sony performance is enough to justify the price premium.

Thanks for the help.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:03   #9625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsidhu View Post
Hello. I'm looking forward to buy an LED TV 55 in coming festive season. Have a budget of 60-70k max. Primary choice is Sony. Other brands also ok.

May I request others for suggestions in Sony and other brand as well
For your budget I could suggest you the Samsung 55" TU8570 Crystal 4K TV. In Sony there is 55" X74H or X75H. I don't know the exact difference between these two Sony models.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:13   #9626
BHPian

Quote:

The Sony one seems to have an average price of 46k and is being sold for 40k but I need to put in 5.5k for 2 year extended warranty.

I guess it comes down to whether the Sony performance is enough to justify the price premium.

Thanks for the help.
You can look at W672G as well. It is very similar to W800G minus the Android and hence goes for 4-5k less
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 18:52   #9627
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help.
From what I have heard from a couple of YouTube reviewers is that this LG model was so popular in 2019 that LG decided to launch a 65 inch variant of it in 2020. So I reckon it should be a good one and makes more sense compared to the Sony in this case as it is for your parents.

Also, I think the Sony also has an IPS panel so things should be comparable when it comes to viewing angles. And usually Sony is better when it comes to motion handling, but in my opinion paying significantly extra just for that one feature doesn't make much sense.

Sorry I don't know much about things like contrast ratio and refresh rates, and I think without comparing the TVs side by side in a showroom it would be difficult to comment on the same.
Old 21st October 2020, 00:31   #9628
BHPian

Looking to buy a 43 inch LED tv confused between
a) LG or (has a magic remote which is quite user friendly)
b) Samsung
and the other thing is between
a) 4K or
b) Full HD(FHD) considering that hardly any of the content today is in 4K and the cost for 4K is upwards of 6 to 8K.
Old 21st October 2020, 18:35   #9629
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
b) Samsung
a) 4K or
b) Full HD(FHD) considering that hardly any of the content today is in 4K and the cost for 4K is upwards of 6 to 8K.
If you happen to decide on the FHD, then consider getting this one:

https://www.flipkart.com/panasonic-1...oaAl1bEALw_wcB

Not a bad brand at all in my opinion for the price. My ancient HD Ready plasma of the same brand is going strong since the last 8 years.
Old 21st October 2020, 18:47   #9630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
b) Samsung
a) 4K or
Consider getting a 4K TV. Amazon, Netflix have enough content. Most new movies & series are being shot on 4 K. Youtube has tons of 4K content. The landscape will change drastically. Don't holdback for 6-8 K.

Even we upgraded our TV recently to a 4K OLED TV. Don't regret it even one bit every time I see 4K in all its glory. Nothing less than a theatre experience.

Unless there are financial constraints go for a 4K TV. Full HD of today is like HD ready of yesteryears.
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks