Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 05:10   #9661
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Any views on the Sony 55x8000h? What do you guys feel? Why is it a lot more expensive than say the 7500H?
Old 29th October 2020, 12:36   #9662
BHPian

The Sony X800H is marginally better than the Sony X750H. The X800H gets much brighter in both SDR and HDR, it has wider viewing angles due to its IPS panel, and faster response time. The X800H also has better color accuracy out of the box. On the other hand, the X750H has a VA panel with a much higher contrast ratio, making it a better choice for dark rooms.

Rtings.com comparison
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 17:58   #9663
BHPian

How is sony 55x9500h compared to comprable samsung/lg models? I am not interested in oled due to risk of pixel burns. I am not sure of quality of sony and samsung qled displays.
Old 1st November 2020, 19:03   #9664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
How is sony 55x9500h compared to comprable samsung/lg models? I am not interested in oled due to risk of pixel burns. I am not sure of quality of sony and samsung qled displays.
I bought LG OLED 55" CX last week and have done quite an extensive research about burn-in. The below things are what I have learnt

1. The burn-in issue has mostly plagued C8 and prior versions. There was some design flaw wrt red pixel which was rectified in C9 and later versions.
2. The consensus is that burn-in occurs when the OLED light is set to 100 and if you watch the same content all the time, after spending a week with the TV, except for the HDR picture preset, I have set the OLED light to 50 in other presets and it is hardly noticeable.
3. If you probably watch the same channel for 10 hours a day then you should avoid OLED. With varied content usage, burn-in isn't an issue.

You can read more about the burn-in test carried out by Rtings here,

I was planning to buy either 55x9500h or 55CX after lots of Demo and research I settled on 55CX. The picture quality on LG CX is mind-blowing. I had stopped watching TV at home but since the last week I have been watching so many movies and series, and everything looks so freaking good!

LG is offering 3 + 2 years comprehensive warranty (Covers everything from burn-in to panel damage) if the TV is bought before November 20th as part of Diwali offer, probably you can check it out.

Last edited by prasathlr : 1st November 2020 at 19:11.
prasathlr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:37   #9665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I bought LG OLED 55" CX last week and have done quite an extensive research about burn-in. The below things are what I have learnt

LG is offering 3 + 2 years comprehensive warranty (Covers everything from burn-in to panel damage) if the TV is bought before November 20th as part of Diwali offer, probably you can check it out.
Hi Prashanth,
I also have my eyes on LG CX 55". Mind sharing how much the set cost you? It is around 1.5L on Amazon.

TIA.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 3rd November 2020 at 13:39.
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:48   #9666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hi Prashanth,
I also have my eyes on LG CX 55". Mind sharing how much the set cost you? It is around 1.5L on Amazon.

TIA.
I got it for 1.20L from Reliance Digital, Bangalore after all the discounts and cashback.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:20   #9667
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
3. If you probably watch the same channel for 10 hours a day then you should avoid OLED. With varied content usage, burn-in isn't an issue.
So say I am watching a 5 day test match (cricket). That's 9 hours a day running over 5 days, with the scorecard displayed at the bottom of the screen the whole time. I assume the OLED is not suitable for such usage. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:57   #9668
BHPian

I am not sure of claims from lg over burn-in in oled as I see few recent reviews on amazon.com on lg CX burn-in with in a year. I am not ready to take the risk for now. But I agree picture quality of oled is amazing
Old 3rd November 2020, 15:04   #9669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
So say I am watching a 5 day test match (cricket). That's 9 hours a day running over 5 days, with the scorecard displayed at the bottom of the screen the whole time. I assume the OLED is not suitable for such usage. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Sorry, I missed an important detail. If you watch the same match for 9 hours for over 2000 hours then the logo can cause burn-in. No one would do that, I am pretty sure you would watch something else after the match and that is enough to not cause any burn-in. This was tested by Rtings.com and they found it took almost 2000 hours of watching the same channel for the burn-in to appear.

LG has introduced precautionary measures like Logo Luminance Adjustment to avoid burn-in caused by Logos, Pixel Shift and pixel refresh (Manual/Automatic) which are enabled by default to avoid burn-in.

Burn-in was an actual problem till 2018 models and the occurrence have drastically reduced since LG rectified the design flaw in 2019.
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:03   #9670

Quote:
I got it for 1.20L from Reliance Digital, Bangalore after all the discounts and cashback.
Thanks for the info. I am planning for the 55CX in Chennai. May I know the details of the offer to buy at 1.2L.

Thanks.
Old 4th November 2020, 11:20   #9671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganny View Post
Thanks for the info. I am planning for the 55CX in Chennai. May I know the details of the offer to buy at 1.2L.

Thanks.
There were festive discounts and 7.5k(Credit Card Cashback) + 2k (IPL Cashback) = 9k Total Cashback. To get the cashback, you need to bill the TV using a single card. Multiple cards can't be used to avail these cashback.
Old 4th November 2020, 11:36   #9672

Quote:
There were festive discounts and 7.5k(Credit Card Cashback) + 2k (IPL Cashback) = 9k Total Cashback. To get the cashback, you need to bill the TV using a single card. Multiple cards can't be used to avail these cashback.
My understanding nos that the final price is 1.29L minus cashback of 9K.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 4th November 2020, 11:47   #9673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganny View Post
My understanding nos that the final price is 1.29L minus cashback of 9K.

Thanks for the reply.
Correct, Final price offered by the showroom 1.29L - 9K = 1.20 L with 3 years comprehensive warranty. I took an additional 2 years warranty (4th and 5th year) for 18k. Again, due to the festive season, they gave a discount on an additional 2 years warranty, usually, it is around 60k for it.
prasathlr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 13:00   #9674

Quote:
Correct, Final price offered by the showroom 1.29L - 9K = 1.20 L with 3 years comprehensive warranty. I took an additional 2 years warranty (4th and 5th year) for 18k. Again, due to the festive season, they gave a discount on an additional 2 years warranty, usually, it is around 60k for it.

Thanks for the reply. This would help me to get a better quote. I got a quote of 1.5L
ganny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 18:53   #9675

I am tempted by the LG's offering of 3 years warranty plus 2 years additional AMC at discounted prices. I was wary of spending more on TVs due to lesser warranty periods and with reduced serviceable parts.

My present 46"Sony TV is more than 10 years old with one time display panel replacement and board services.

Most Viewed