Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2021, 07:51   #9796
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I'd say that a 2020 Panasonic HZ1000 edges out some flagship Sony's.
Is this available in India at all? Where can I buy one?
Old 28th January 2021, 08:54   #9797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Is this available in India at all? Where can I buy one?
I don't see the HZ listed on Panasonic India. The sole FZ oled is, at a crazy price and does not have Dolby Vision.

https://www.panasonic.com/in/consume...65fz1000d.html

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th January 2021 at 08:55.
Old 28th January 2021, 14:12   #9798
BHPian

In Market for a TV for parents bedroom. LG CRT is conked at last and my mom agreed to change it. Don't want to splurge too much as it won't be used much but at the same time don't want to buy something which gets outdated soon.. too much confusion I know . Want to stick to only known brands like Sony, LG Samsung etc

Was thinking of this Samsung -https://www.amazon.in/dp/B086R8D4NM/?coliid=I13JLR6D4W1D38&colid=L4NVBK07IX8R&psc=1&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

but this model is not available on Physical stores. Three are some 7-8 series one are there but price difference is almost 10K. Have looked at some you tube videos and there seems to be no difference between 6,7 and 8 series when it comes to PQ etc. Not sure what to do..

Any suggestions?

-Ijeet

Last edited by ijeet : 28th January 2021 at 14:13.
Old 28th January 2021, 15:30   #9799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Would advise fellow bhpians and readers to avoid Jeeves extended warranty at all costs.
My VU, which is around 2 years, has developed a white line horizontally. I have the Jeeves 2 years extention and registered my claim. Got some sms from Jeeves stating that 'so & so' person will get in touch. Let's see how it goes.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 03:05   #9800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Any suggestions?
I don't have any model recommendations. Just stick with some of big names such as LG, Sony.

I did get a Mi ~40" Smart TV for my folks a little over a year ago. Works fine. Longevity is unknown.
Old 29th January 2021, 11:04   #9801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Want to stick to only known brands like Sony, LG Samsung etc

Was thinking of this Samsung -https://www.amazon.in/dp/B086R8D4NM/?coliid=I13JLR6D4W1D38&colid=L4NVBK07IX8R&psc=1&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

-Ijeet
Samsung 6 TV series suffers from upscaling issues. So, unless the content is 4K, the picture quality is not great. Then we have low sound output and all.

As this TV is for parents, I assume being a Smart TV with Apps is so not important. You may still look for some 30 K old gen Samsung TVs which produce great picture quality with acceptable sound. Then, you can go for a smart DTH box or something if required.

7 series is the bare minimum for a Samsung. 6 series is cheap for a reason.
Old 29th January 2021, 16:26   #9802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
My VU, which is around 2 years, has developed a white line horizontally. I have the Jeeves 2 years extention and registered my claim. Got some sms from Jeeves stating that 'so & so' person will get in touch. Let's see how it goes.
Update: The Jeeves guy did land up at my place. Registered the complaint as 'screen needs replacement'. He mentioned that if VU has replacement( the 55 inch which I have is defunct now), Jeeves will change the panel, else take the TV and issue a partial refund. Let's see how this goes. Waiting time asked for, is 10-12 days.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 19:52   #9803
BHPian

Any recommendations for a full HD 40-43inch TV under 25K? This is for my parents.

It's the typical Sanyo, Onida, AmazonBasics choices...but I'm unable to decide which one would fare well in terms of longevity and/or service.
Old 29th January 2021, 20:31   #9804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Any recommendations for a full HD 40-43inch TV under 25K? This is for my parents.

It's the typical Sanyo, Onida, AmazonBasics choices...but I'm unable to decide which one would fare well in terms of longevity and/or service.
Check this. I haven't used

Panasonic 101.5 cm (40 inch) Full HD LED TV
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/panasonic-...oduct.share.pp
Old 30th January 2021, 11:57   #9805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Update: The Jeeves guy did land up at my place. Registered the complaint as 'screen needs replacement'. He mentioned that if VU has replacement( the 55 inch which I have is defunct now), Jeeves will change the panel, else take the TV and issue a partial refund. Let's see how this goes. Waiting time asked for, is 10-12 days.
Please do update what percentage of the purchase price is refunded if that option is used.
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:35   #9806
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I may probably be in the market for a new 42" TV soon. My LG 42LB5610 is around 6 years old. I totally lost the picture yesterday & have called the LG technician. A couple of years back, I have already spend some 7-8K changing some circuit board in the TV for a similar problem. So unless the repair is very cheap, I will not be getting this repaired again. I would rather go for a newer TV in some other brand.

Extremely disappointed with current quality of LG products. Not upto the standard of older LG products. My parents had older LG TVs & LG Washing Machines which lasted for more than a decade. But my LG WM & TV have both not worked out well with me, so looking for a different brand now.

From what I have read in this thread, the cheaper TVs like Vu etc don't have picture quality as good as LG.

I am basically looking for a replacement for a LG 42LB5610 - 42 inches, sound was good enough for me to not need any external soundbar, picture quality was also good, so something in similar kind of picture quality. Which brand/model can I at? My viewing as of now is 99% Dish TV with an SD box. Also not looking for Smart TV.

Customer Service needs to be good.

Last edited by carboy : 2nd February 2021 at 12:38.
Old 3rd February 2021, 02:42   #9807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Customer Service needs to be good.
You can't beat LG when it comes to this. I'd stick with them.

My in laws LG tv panel packed up a few months ago. It cost <Rs. 6000 for a replacement panel which I felt was reasonable and we got it fixed. Better than blowing another 20k for a new 40" TV and they don't use all the smart stuff. With a cheap TV such as Xiaomi, etc, you are likely to pay more for a new panel and get even less life out of them.
Old 3rd February 2021, 06:09   #9808
BANNED

Quote:
You can't beat LG when it comes to this.
I know this - they have outstanding Customer Service.
Quote:
I'd stick with them.
No way. They also used to have top quality to go with their outstanding customer service.That's gone now. I have had multiple LG products I purchased in the last few years pack up & give lots of problems.
Anything but LG now.
Quote:

With a cheap TV such as Xiaomi, etc, you are likely to pay more for a new panel and get even less life out of them.
I am not sure if you read my original question but I said I am not looking for cheap.
Old 3rd February 2021, 06:52   #9809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
They also used to have top quality to go with their outstanding customer service.
In terms of product consistency and quality, there isn't anything out there to beat LG. A big push towards local manufacturing has also helped the brand. Many of their products are designed for our market too, which makes repairs cheaper. If not LG, I can only think of Sony or Panasonic for TV's. The rest are all a hit or miss.
Old 3rd February 2021, 07:01   #9810
BANNED

Quote:
In terms of product consistency and quality, there isn't anything out there to beat LG.
Check my old posts in this thread itself. I used to be a huge fanboi of LG & have recommended it in this thread like a 100 times - most products in my home were LG earlier because they had great quality, reasonable prices & great CS. But the last few products I have have bought from them were of very poor quality - including the current TV & also a couple of other products. It's not the same anymore. I wouldn't touch LG with a 10 feet pole anymore.
Quote:
If not LG, I can only think of Sony or Panasonic for TV's
I know, that's what my question was about - looking for models from these good brands which suit my requirements. Any reason Samsung isn't considered on par?

Last edited by carboy : 3rd February 2021 at 07:02.

Most Viewed