Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2007, 09:45   #646
BHPian

I brought the samsung bordeaux LA32R71 from Bangkok recently, costed me 24 K INR. quite a steal.
Very happy with the pictur quality, sound quality not so good.
Old 11th November 2007, 09:49   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I brought the samsung bordeaux LA32R71 from Bangkok recently, costed me 24 K INR. quite a steal.
How did you bring it down?
Old 11th November 2007, 09:59   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Hi All,

I bought a new LA26R71B samsung bordeaux as a second TV at my place in Jaipur which already had a Philips normal 29" CRT working fine for the past 3 years.

I have Dish TV attached to both with separate reciver and dishes connected to each TV.

I feel like LCD technology is like going back 5-10 years rather than improving TV viewing experience. I feel cheated with the experience i had during the India-Pak cricket matches.

The experience was so horrible that i went back to my CRT TV for viewing the matches. The images were shaky and the criket ball would leave a trail. Infact any fast moving object seems to have the same problem on the LCD TV. I still cannot understand why this technology is being pushed down our throught with HDTV being a dream right now.

We have 10 52" plasma's at our office and i've watched the T-20 series on it and the plasma technology sure way ahead of LCD.

I would anytime vote for Plasma, than CRT and last of all LCD. Just to put this in that i did try all modes and settings available in the samsung TV, but the total experience was horrible and LCD TV's are not worth watching the regular content.
I've had fears about this, from whatever I've seen so far. In fact IMO even plasma screens dont match up for regular feeds. Don't mind spending 50-60k, but not for a downgrade or 'making do'.
Old 11th November 2007, 12:47   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
How did you bring it down?
A limit upto 25K is allowed, but still the custom officials over here pester you, you need to be nice to them :-) .

In BKK , they pack it for you nicely, and at the airport you can ask them to take that extra car ( fragile stickers and all).
You need to pay for extra baggage (overweight), then you get 7% VAT refund..all in all i got under 25 K.
Old 11th November 2007, 13:56   #650
Senior - BHPian

Guys from Bangalore, Can anyone tell me where to get the best deal for Samsung 37" or 40" in Bangalore!! I know they have got some spl. prices available till November 15 and some cash back offer also. So, I wanted to see if I can decide on the model and the outlet (giving best deal) and grab these offers before November 15.
Thanks.
Old 11th November 2007, 15:44   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post

that's a good deal.. where in bangkok?
Old 11th November 2007, 18:12   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
that's a good deal.. where in bangkok?
Panthip Plaza..ground floor, there is a Samsung shop. I dont remember the shop name. But you cant miss it.
Old 11th November 2007, 20:50   #653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
I feel like LCD technology is like going back 5-10 years rather than improving TV viewing experience. I feel cheated with the experience i had during the India-Pak cricket matches.

The images were shaky and the criket ball would leave a trail. Infact any fast moving object seems to have the same problem on the LCD TV. I still cannot understand why this technology is being pushed down our throught with HDTV being a dream right now.
Hi,

I have logged on this thread especially to share my experience with an LCD TV, which is absolutely similar to yours. But luckily, it came in the showroom and was saved at the last moment from buying an LCD.

I went to chekout the Samsung series of LCD TVs. Was pretty impressed when he showed me the regular channels and stuff.

But I knew that there might be an issue with fast moving images so asked him to switch to a sports channel and it was horrible. They were showing a replay of the T20 final and the victory lap after that. It was so blurry that the word INDIA on the tees of the players just appeared as a yellow blur.

Even the cricket was pathetic. So decided not to go ahead with one.

Just wanted to confirm.. is this a problem with the LCD technology or something can be done about it ?
Old 11th November 2007, 21:17   #654
Senior - BHPian

isnt it because of the time lag that is with LCDs!!! I guess its 8ms for all LCD pannels that samsung and other companies making,, so you can notice that easily when you are watching fast moving images....compared to 0ms time lag on plasma or any CRTs...
Old 11th November 2007, 21:42   #655
Team-BHP Support

What you guys are referring to is called motion blur. Sony has 2 LCD's which remove motion blur to a good extent. The D series which is a non HD panel and the X series full HD panel.

Expect more TV's next year to counter motion blur. This is mainly due to the slow response time of LCD panels.
Old 11th November 2007, 22:25   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
What you guys are referring to is called motion blur.
Is that the same as a high response time?
Old 12th November 2007, 13:03   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys from Bangalore, Can anyone tell me where to get the best deal for Samsung 37" or 40" in Bangalore!! I know they have got some spl. prices available till November 15 and some cash back offer also. So, I wanted to see if I can decide on the model and the outlet (giving best deal) and grab these offers before November 15.
Thanks.
Sorry for late reply. I am using my 40" LCD since last 3-4 days and quite pleased with its performance, no horror stories even when i watch sports

So best deal you can get for 40" samsung is 80K and minus the 10% cash back offer from citi finance if its still available. I got it from a regular electronics dealer not the digi shoppy, TMC, e-zone type of store
Old 12th November 2007, 14:56   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense
I bought a new LA26R71B samsung bordeaux as a second TV at my place in Jaipur which already had a Philips normal 29" CRT working fine for the past 3 years.
Sixthsense, if you have bought this TV recently, then sorry to say, you have bought last generation TV. 71B series was introduced in beginning of last year. Since LCD TVs are still on their maturity path there is significant improvements getting incorporated every year. Though motion blur is still there in Samsung TVs it is lesser in this year models and hopefully by next year they will become negligible.

There are some Sony TVs which have already got over motion blur issues of LCD TVs. I am also told that Sharp is very good.
Plasmas also have the motion blur problem however due to flickering screen and softer images and they are less apparent.

It is always a good idea to check the Sports channel with some fast action to understand the capabilities of the TV.
And you are right, Present generation AFFORDABLE LCD (and Plasma) TVs are couple of years behind CRT in terms of picture quality...

Compared to Plasma, LCD can be ahead or behind depending on what you are watching and which brands you are looking at!
Old 12th November 2007, 15:11   #659
Team-BHP Support

I did not see this motion blur problem on my LG(bought a week back).
I guess I need to observe more closely. the only problem I saw came just one when the credits were scrolling right to left on the screen. The text seemed to be jittery and was difficult to read.
Switched to another channel(NDTV profit) where ticker symbols scroll horizontally, but there was no problem". Watched another channel with credits scrolling horizontally, and again, there was no problem. I guess you need a certain type of motion to trigger this problem, I I could see this happen only once.
LG claims a 5ms response time as compared to 8ms of Samsung and Sony.
Old 12th November 2007, 15:17   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I did not see this motion blur problem on my LG(bought a week back).
LG claims a 5ms response time as compared to 8ms of Samsung and Sony.
which Model of LG? how much did that cost in Noida?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks