Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 17:16   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I had good discussion with my uncle who is very talented as far as his technical skill in area

According to him:

DLP is best TV but not launched in India yet but we can expect it in 2008.

Plasma is better than LCD because LCD starts fading within 2 years. Lasma lasts more. In day time while viewing TV LCD won't give good effect where as Plasma is ideal for all day viewing. LCD is sutiable for night viewing.

Once DLP is lauchned it will rule although initially it might be costly to buy.

As of now Panasonic Plasma/LCd is best suited for indian condition because of its strong circuit. Sony comes next.

Regards,

Ravi.
DLP has been available in India since a long time
Samsung sells DLP models.
Old 4th December 2007, 12:34   #692
Senior - BHPian

Went to SonyWorld yesterday to check the 3LCDs,, they dont have one for demo. They said they can order one on booking..
Another SonyWorld showroom simply told me that they discontinued that product!! They are not bothered,, so I'm also worrying about the after sales for a product that's almost discontinued...

what I understand from him is the SXRDs (LCoS) were there by Sony and its now been discontinued because of some problem with the chip...is that correct??
Still trying to find out which one should I go for!! Plasma? or 3LCD??
as I mentioned earlier, my requirements would be Normal TV viewing, gaming, movies in that order..
Old 4th December 2007, 12:37   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
what I understand from him is the SXRDs (LCoS) were there by Sony and its now been discontinued because of some problem with the chip...is that correct??.
horsecrap. its very much in production and produces the best image of all technologies. well, till recently. Now JVC has figured out how to make LCoS produce even deeper blacks and superior contrast ratios, and that without the use of IRIS. JVC calls its LCoS as D-ILA.

D-ILA and SXRD are the best image formats, followed by DLP. DLP tries to look better and often makes a deeper impact, but this is usually due to over saturated, inaccurate colors
Old 4th December 2007, 14:17   #694
BHPian

Guys..I bought a 37" Sony LCD Bravia for 63K in Bangalore around 1 month back. Don't know much about the plasma vs LCD debate or even the other tech on the horizon, but damned happy with the Sony.
And we don't even have a digital supplier yet.
A question: is Dish TV on par with Tata Sky? I need it for the TCM channel.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:02   #695
Senior - BHPian

Hi netchef,

I recommand TATASKY which is very good I am happy with it till date and am using for over 1 year.

I started watching TV channels daily basis only after TATASKY and TV9 launch untill I watched only DD1 and DD9 and movies.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:56   #696
Senior - BHPian

Dish TV boxes have come out with DVI output. So instead of the normal RCA analog input, you can now get Digital input to your LCD/Plasma tv. This should definitely help in increasing the picture quality.

Tata Sky boxes don't have this as of now. I would love them to get a box with DVI and Optical/Co-axial audio out.
Old 5th December 2007, 14:55   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Dish TV boxes have come out with DVI output. So instead of the normal RCA analog input, you can now get Digital input to your LCD/Plasma tv. This should definitely help in increasing the picture quality.

Tata Sky boxes don't have this as of now. I would love them to get a box with DVI and Optical/Co-axial audio out.
Do u know if existing customers (who have the RCA outs) can upgrade to the DVI-wala box?
Old 5th December 2007, 15:07   #698
Senior - BHPian

Aren't 3LCD TV's sold by any other brands in India?
Old 5th December 2007, 15:10   #699
BHPian

not that i know off - besides in most countries 3lcds are replaced by sxrds and in india they chose to play around n not let customers buy the 3lcd/sxrd even if officially they are not discontinued.
I am pretty darned sure when the time comes the next tv i buy will be an sxrd
Old 6th December 2007, 22:20   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Do u know if existing customers (who have the RCA outs) can upgrade to the DVI-wala box?
Just check out the Dish TV site. However there's not much info there when I last checked. You'll probably have to call them.
Old 7th December 2007, 10:36   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
DLP has been available in India since a long time
Samsung sells DLP models.

I dont see them on SamsungIndia website!!!!
Where can you find them in India! Bangalore??
Old 11th December 2007, 12:09   #702
BHPian

According to economic times, reliance has tied up with toshiba to offer free LCD tv with every DTH connection (costs 10-15K) . There may be lot of terms and conditions with it, but may be worth the wait.
They have an agreement to buy 15million LCD TVs Talk about scale!
Old 12th December 2007, 11:37   #703
Senior - BHPian

Free LCD with DTH? A DTH connection for 15k? Im sure there will be a lot of terms and conditions, sometihng like the Reliance Infocomm free cellphone offer that really shook up the market. No matter what, im sure Reliance will really shake up the market.
Old 12th December 2007, 12:27   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
According to economic times, reliance has tied up with toshiba to offer free LCD tv with every DTH connection (costs 10-15K) .
I'm guessing these would be very basic 19/20" LCDs. They anyway cost 20K approx in the retail market don't they?
Old 12th December 2007, 17:41   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'm guessing these would be very basic 19/20" LCDs. They anyway cost 20K approx in the retail market don't they?
Depends on the input options. A 19" wide LCD with one VGA in is 12k or so, perhaps lesser now. The moment you add a DVI into an LCD monitor, the price jumps by 3-4k! Anyways most of the DTH stuff as of now is not above the VGA levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The DVI part is not correct. DishTV has only launched VGA (640x480) outs, not digital video. But of course, when compared to the composite/RCA video that we are used to in dish till now, VGA is a huge upgrade. 480 lines *is* higher than the standard DVD quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks