Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2008, 14:56   #1441
BHPian

doesn't anyone miss the wake up timer feature in the panny pv80 plasmas blasting vh1 music at a preset time on my tv used to be my morning wake up call - the only thing that worked!!
Old 9th September 2008, 14:23   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
doesn't anyone miss the wake up timer feature in the panny pv80 plasmas blasting vh1 music at a preset time on my tv used to be my morning wake up call - the only thing that worked!!
Yes, I do miss that feature! I used to use it to wake up my son for his studies.
But I found a solution: I shifted the Panny 29" CRT to his room and wake him up with a louder blast now
Old 9th September 2008, 14:35   #1443
BHPian

May be a wrong thread, but when I checked Panasonic PV80D in the brand shop, there was a SC-PT465 home theater system, that sounded good (in a small room). Any opinions on this system? Thanks.
Old 9th September 2008, 18:29   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, I do miss that feature! I used to use it to wake up my son for his studies.
But I found a solution: I shifted the Panny 29" CRT to his room and wake him up with a louder blast now
well I sold my old sony 42" 3lcd to my housemate and its still programmed for control on my universal remote, so perhaps when he is not watching, I could sneak near his room and put an alarm on the sony without even touching its remote Will reserve this for an emergency wake up call day, like a tbhp drive or something, as I reckon I can't do this everyday cos the way this works is I am going to be waking my housemate up with the sony before he gets p*ssed off and wakes me up
Old 9th September 2008, 18:32   #1445
BHPian

Guys which model and make is best in 32", I want one for my bed room
Old 9th September 2008, 20:08   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
May be a wrong thread, but when I checked Panasonic PV80D in the brand shop, there was a SC-PT465 home theater system, that sounded good (in a small room). Any opinions on this system? Thanks.
I have a Panasonic SC-PT950 got from US. It is 1200 watts / 5 CD changer iPOD compatible etc.
I am really impressed with the sound and DVD picture quality.
Check if that part was made in Japan. Mine is a Japan make and I vouch for it quality and performance.
SC-PT465 seems to be 800 watts, but all other specs are similar.
What is the price?
Old 12th September 2008, 22:42   #1447
BHPian

Can any one suggest a good retailer for the Panasonic TH-42pv80D in Delhi?
By good , I mean one who can provide the best possible prices & decent service too?

Can some one also suggest the approximate prices going around for this nowadays?

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 12th September 2008 at 22:45.
Old 13th September 2008, 20:53   #1448
BHPian

fellow panny pv80d owners - is there a PIP (picture in picture) option in this model. I can't seem to find the same need to game and watch news at the same time
Old 13th September 2008, 23:10   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
fellow panny pv80d owners - is there a PIP (picture in picture) option in this model. I can't seem to find the same need to game and watch news at the same time
It is not there in this model. Can't do much.
Old 13th September 2008, 23:20   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
It is not there in this model. Can't do much.
sometimes i think the televisions with great picture quality, always have some essential frills missing - wake up timer, pip. I can live without these but nice to have.
I have noticed over the years, if its frills you want go for LG, samsung, sansui, etc. Don't expect sony, panasonic, to have pic quality and frills at the same time. However I must admit that both wake up timer and pip were present in my sony 3lcd.
Anyways - its not a deal breaker, just a minor irritant I can live with given the awesome PQ the panny churns out cheers: this weekend I am going to enjoy as many blurays as possible (got plenty on US trip!!)

Last edited by jassi : 13th September 2008 at 23:21.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:03   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
..I can live with given the awesome PQ the panny churns out cheers: this weekend I am going to enjoy as many blurays as possible (got plenty on US trip!!)
Jassi, Can you tell me the exact picture settings with which you have tuned your TV i.e contrast, brightness, color, etc. I believe you have set to Eco mode to activate CATS. But, can you tell me whether you are using the default Eco mode settings or have you adjusted any of the above. Can you also tell whether you have the same settings for both TV viewing and DVD/blue ray viewing? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:12   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Jassi, Can you tell me the exact picture settings with which you have tuned your TV i.e contrast, brightness, color, etc. I believe you have set to Eco mode to activate CATS. But, can you tell me whether you are using the default Eco mode settings or have you adjusted any of the above. Can you also tell whether you have the same settings for both TV viewing and DVD/blue ray viewing? Thanks in advance.
Its in ECO and I don't think I have changed anything - but I do sometimes put it to dynamic (in daylight) when watching some dull colored movies.
In ECO - contrast, brightness, colour, sharpness are 50, tint is half way, colour temp is standard, ch colour set halfway, colour mgmt on and pnr is strong.
Are you facing any PQ issues ??
Hope that helps.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:29   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
..In ECO - contrast, brightness, colour, sharpness are 50, tint is half way, colour temp is standard, ch colour set halfway, colour mgmt on and pnr is strong..
Well, Just wanted to know. But, I guess in eco mode, the default settings are 80, 50, 50 ,50 in the order they appear. You might have adjusted the contrast setting to 50 . The default values of cinema mode are all 50. Once can adjust any of these settings in any mode and the settings will be saved automatically. For Std. mode, they are 60, 50, 50, 50 and for Dynamic mode they are 100, 50, 50, 50. Just wanted to know, what settings would be better for this set. I know each one has his oen preference.

Well, in my set while watching TV via Hathway set top box, some times, i get a static kind of sound from the speakers even in mute mode (audible only when near to the speakers). Also, some times, it appears that some horizontal moving bands from top to bottom appear while watching darker scenes and also in between when changing channels. These bands some times are irritating and some times they will be very negligible. These are not visible when brighter scenes are coming. I'm thinking whether is this related to some cable problem and some times I think of going to some DTH so that these do not appear. Any thoughts on this.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:42   #1454
v&v
Senior - BHPian

apart from brands, do have a check list before buying an LCD
1. contrast ratio - higher the better
2. view angle - from sides - the wider the better - check the lcd view from standing side
3. Most important - size of your room , viewing distance - the larger the distance you can opt for larger lcd other wise i suggest check out 26" lcds. a 10 x 10 room 26" is more than enough.
4. quality of speaker - most of these lcds have bad speaker, you have to connect to a home theater speakers. which is good for watching movies otherwise daily viewing the good front speakers give better effect.

happy buying
Old 14th September 2008, 18:59   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Well, Just wanted to know. But, I guess in eco mode, the default settings are 80, 50, 50 ,50 in the order they appear. You might have adjusted the contrast setting to 50 . The default values of cinema mode are all 50.

Well, in my set while watching TV via Hathway set top box I'm thinking whether is this related to some cable problem and some times I think of going to some DTH so that these do not appear. Any thoughts on this.
I am on hathway set top box and have none of the problems that you said
Also I think i read somewhere all values should be 50 and hence did that for initial time. Changed it back to 80 now no need to go to dynamic mode for those low contrast movies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks