Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2006, 10:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
I recently bought a Nokia N73. I am happy with it 100%. I just love the features.
However, who ever calls me, or I call, have a complaint. They say they cant hear the voice clearly. Voice seem to break. But I hear everything loud and clear.

Does any one had similar experience? How can I get it fixed?

Thanks in advance for help!

DRC,

Got my N73 couple weeks back. I've had abslutely no such problem whatsoever. The only issue I have sometimes is if my Nokia HS-360W Bluetooth handsfee is a bit further from my N73 that the call becomes slightlty scratchy.
Old 27th December 2006, 04:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
found how to do it.

N73ME music player has additional stereo widening and loudness + balance. Album art and visualizations supported but my mp3s album art do not show cos they are tagged in itunes and are incompatible

now Multimedia button is no longer configurable, just becomes Music Player when pressed

Music Player remains in system memory, cannot be exited when you hard press the menu button

mp3 tags, album art changeable under song details in music directory.

heres how to do it-
1) Download NSS (Nemesis Service Suite Beta)
Software
2) Download NSU (Nokia Software Updater) from Nokia support
3) Connect your phone to computer, and choose PC-Suite mode in your mobile
4) Start NSS
5) Push "Scan for new device"
6) Go to Phone Info screen. Enable the product code box in the right corner. Change the number there to N73 ME product code number 0539343 for APAC 1 -> Chinese, English and copy that number into that product code box and then click that enable box. (note your original N73 product code up, in case if you need it again). Then click WRITE, and in few seconds click READ, and you'll see that your phones product code has changed.
7) Then exit NSS and start NSU and follow the steps.
8) Wait for your mobile to update.

remember to make a backup of ur fone using pc suite. also take ur mem card out when doing this
Thanks for the info akshay....i too found this online but i am just scared about voiding warranty, the websites claim that my warranty will be void and i have read posts of members complain of handsets going completly dead when the instal went wrong. It seems rather risky, have you tired this upgrade?
Old 27th December 2006, 18:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

The only problem with sony k750i is that its not a smartphone and its a big disadvantage.
The price nokia is selling its smartphones makes them a steal, for an example just compare how much a SE smartphone. even the cheapest one costs.
P.S I am thinking of buying a Nokia 5500 Sports. The feature set is unbeatable for the price. You get a full fleged MP3 palyer, Stereo FM Radio, Bluetooth, Infrared, Extra Sports functions, 512 MB card included in the package, a 2 Megapix Camera plus its a smartphone with symbian os... all for 12650 all inclusive delhi. Beat that!
Old 27th December 2006, 20:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
DRC,

Got my N73 couple weeks back. I've had abslutely no such problem whatsoever. The only issue I have sometimes is if my Nokia HS-360W Bluetooth handsfee is a bit further from my N73 that the call becomes slightlty scratchy.

i know why you bought the bluetooth handsfree.

N73 cam and screen quality did impress me and I would put say its better than K750i in that department; but 26 k,emmm
Old 27th December 2006, 21:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
i know why you bought the bluetooth handsfree.

N73 cam and screen quality did impress me and I would put say its better than K750i in that department; but 26 k,emmm
definitely not 26k. i bought it for 25k in august.
Old 27th December 2006, 21:50   #21
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
definitely not 26k. i bought it for 25k in august.
Its 19.xx grey and 21.xx B/W.
I guess N73 ME is 25k?
Old 27th December 2006, 22:02   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Its 19.xx grey and 21.xx B/W.
I guess N73 ME is 25k?
In grey N73Me costs 22500 .
Old 27th December 2006, 22:07   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thanks for the info akshay....i too found this online but i am just scared about voiding warranty, the websites claim that my warranty will be void and i have read posts of members complain of handsets going completly dead when the instal went wrong. It seems rather risky, have you tired this upgrade?
im waiting to put a black cover on my phone to do it. im risking it. its not a big risk. the only thing to watch out for is that no one messes with your phone while its updating.
Old 30th December 2006, 04:47   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
im waiting to put a black cover on my phone to do it. im risking it. its not a big risk. the only thing to watch out for is that no one messes with your phone while its updating.
Let me know how much the Black cover cost you. My phones blackish from the backside so i just need the front cover to give it a ME look.
I hope changing the cover doesn't void warranty?
Old 30th December 2006, 15:26   #25
Team-BHP Support

they say to wait for a while till they get the black cover. when i change it il definitely let you know the price. changing the cover shouldnt void the warranty.
when i went some time ago they said only get this done from the place you bought it because this phone is sealed or something and they cant open it.
Old 7th January 2007, 11:13   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Let me know how much the Black cover cost you. My phones blackish from the backside so i just need the front cover to give it a ME look.
I hope changing the cover doesn't void warranty?
i just looaded the me firmware on my phone. i love it. the stereo widening is just superb. its worth it just for that. the phone dosent have any problems.
Old 7th January 2007, 13:30   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
In grey N73Me costs 22500 .
where are u gettin this price from ? the min i heard in mumbai is 23750. i want this phone too but the price is just not worth it cuz i want to pick up jabra music headphones too along with it. so waiting for a lilttle dip here. anyone sure about the n95 being out for sure then it should be goin down anytime soon. yehhhh

Most Viewed