Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2006, 18:54   #1
DRC
BHPian

Nokia N73 voice quality query

I recently bought a Nokia N73. I am happy with it 100%. I just love the features.
However, who ever calls me, or I call, have a complaint. They say they cant hear the voice clearly. Voice seem to break. But I hear everything loud and clear.

Does any one had similar experience? How can I get it fixed?

Thanks in advance for help!
Old 23rd December 2006, 19:48   #2
BANNED

DRC
Did u've increase the earpiece volume ?...More likely it's a network problem .

Last edited by unknown : 23rd December 2006 at 19:49.
Old 23rd December 2006, 21:02   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I got an N73 too recently and have had a few network problems but i am not sure if that has anythign to do with my handset or it's just the network itself.
However i am curious to know if anyone can help me out to convert my n73 into the music edition. My phone runs a little slow too even tho i have not much data put in yet, any software updates to solve this ?
Old 23rd December 2006, 21:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I got an N73 too recently and have had a few network problems but i am not sure if that has anythign to do with my handset or it's just the network itself.?
well i think if your using Hutch then ur bound to face network problems...its been like that since sometime now...get horrible network even in the open...WHERE EVER U GO OUR NETWORKS (doesnt) FOLLOW(S)....
Old 23rd December 2006, 23:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

Go to Tools|profile and select general profile. I had similar problem and this worked.
Old 23rd December 2006, 23:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Go to Tools|profile and select general profile. I had similar problem and this worked.
hmm wats the logic if it had worked ?
Old 24th December 2006, 01:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any software updates to solve this ?
Go to Nokia's website, i think they have firmware update.

Mugen.
Old 24th December 2006, 01:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

The N-series phone's does have this problem... even my friend's N71 has this problem but it happens rarely as aganist your's. I would suggest you take the phone to Nokia Service Center.
Old 24th December 2006, 10:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its a network problem. But it can also happen if you place your hand/fingers on the antenna of the phone.
Old 24th December 2006, 14:03   #10
BANNED

Quote:
I got an N73 too recently and have had a few network problems but i am not sure if that has anythign to do with my handset or it's just the network itself.
However i am curious to know if anyone can help me out to convert my n73 into the music edition. My phone runs a little slow too even tho i have not much data put in yet, any software updates to solve this ?
u can update it to music from home itself.
Old 24th December 2006, 14:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

no probs with bro's N73.

try with diffrent network providers sim or your sim on another piece
Old 25th December 2006, 00:43   #12
Team-BHP Support

My friend also complained of this same problem with his N73. Looks like a recurring problem with the N73s :-/

Waise, I upgraded to SE K750i... Amazing phone in all departments... loaded with features and accessories and tops in all that it does. I am zapped ... Its a superlative iPod, Video iPod, USB drive... Bluetooth enabled thumb drive, Radio, Amazing camera (one of the best), exceptional phone as well... And best of all Sony lets me upgrade the phone at home from time to time whenever they release a new firmware to sought out or add features. I am happy. Nay, make that I am pleased as a punch.
Old 25th December 2006, 08:57   #13
ECM
BHPian

I tried this phone but next day I switched over to my old p901i of SE which rules till this date!
Old 25th December 2006, 10:04   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i can show you ho to install the music edition firmware on the nomal n73.( i have the steps, as soon as i find them ill post them) besides that youll have to get a 2gb mem card, the black cover, and the headphones you get with the me.
Old 25th December 2006, 10:07   #15
Team-BHP Support

found how to do it.

N73ME music player has additional stereo widening and loudness + balance. Album art and visualizations supported but my mp3s album art do not show cos they are tagged in itunes and are incompatible

now Multimedia button is no longer configurable, just becomes Music Player when pressed

Music Player remains in system memory, cannot be exited when you hard press the menu button

mp3 tags, album art changeable under song details in music directory.

heres how to do it-
1) Download NSS (Nemesis Service Suite Beta)
Software
2) Download NSU (Nokia Software Updater) from Nokia support
3) Connect your phone to computer, and choose PC-Suite mode in your mobile
4) Start NSS
5) Push "Scan for new device"
6) Go to Phone Info screen. Enable the product code box in the right corner. Change the number there to N73 ME product code number 0539343 for APAC 1 -> Chinese, English and copy that number into that product code box and then click that enable box. (note your original N73 product code up, in case if you need it again). Then click WRITE, and in few seconds click READ, and you'll see that your phones product code has changed.
7) Then exit NSS and start NSU and follow the steps.
8) Wait for your mobile to update.

remember to make a backup of ur fone using pc suite. also take ur mem card out when doing this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks