Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 22:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
For Optimum Disk Utlization, Run a Defrag..Once a month
Give a try to Diskkeeper to defrag the files.

Mugen.
Old 3rd January 2007, 22:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

OFFTOPIC

There seems to be a problem with my external HDD. The laptop sometimes detects it at the 1st go , and other times it just refuses to detect. And also the HDD makes noises like its running.

What could be the problem ? And how do I recover my data if there is a problem with the HDD ?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

Most probably your HDD is loose in the casing. When its working recover all data from HDD. After than you can experiment
Old 6th January 2007, 22:27   #19

See some of this links for increasing the performance of your computer Search Results
Old 11th January 2007, 14:31   #20
BHPian

Some operating systems impose a 137GB limit. Try partitioning.

Read this from the seagate website:

137 GB Limitation
The Serial ATA BIOS is not subject to the same limitations as the Parallel ATA BIOS. However the 137-GB limitation imposed by most operating systems still applies.
Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles for assistance with the Windows Service Packs and enabling 48 bit LBA support.
Windows 2000
[COLOR=#0000ff]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305098[/COLOR]
Windows XP
[COLOR=#0000ff]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013[/COLOR]
Windows 98 and Me do not provide support for 48 bit LBA. There are no Service Packs or patches available from Microsoft to enable this support.
Mac OS X natively supports 48 bit LBA. This allows the drive to be recognized with the full capacity available at installation.
Note: Serial ATA host controllers that identify themselves to the system as emulated SCSI devices and will not be subject to the 48 bit LBA limitations imposed on Parallel ATA drives.
Many of the newer onboard Serial ATA chipsets use Parallel ATA emulation. If the Serial ATA controller drivers are not loaded during the operating system installation, the Serial ATA drive will only show the capacity supported natively by the operating system version being installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks