Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2012, 10:10   #31
BANNED

Re: Have you heard about Oil filled heaters ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
I think its similar to Car Engine Oil, once the Oil is burnt and cooled 8-10 long years inside a heater, it would need to be replaced if they don't retain much heat.
Mine is a couple of months older. No problems. By the looks of it they must have used a far higher thermostat setting than what we use.
Old 8th January 2012, 12:30   #32
BHPian

These oil filled heaters are better for health also as they dont consume the oxygen of the room to generate heat and are also practically fire proof-highly recommended by doctors....
Old 8th January 2012, 13:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
These oil filled heaters are better for health also as they dont consume the oxygen of the room to generate heat and are also practically fire proof-highly recommended by doctors....
How does a heater consume oxygen?

Unlike open fire the heat is generated by electrical resistance in the element and not by burning fuel (which consumes oxygen). Heaters reduce the relative humidity so the air feels extremely dry.
Old 8th January 2012, 16:13   #34
BHPian

Well Aroy you are right n I was wrong-these heaters dont consume oxygen to produce heat,only when they heat up the impurities on them like dust hair etc burn up consuming o2,and not to mention the fire hazard.
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:15   #35
BHPian

Reviving this old thread. Has anyone experienced 'Glen' oil radiators. I am in the market for one and am confused between Glen and Usha. Tilted towards Glen as its offering a 3 yr warranty compared to 1 yr by usha
Old 22nd November 2015, 20:28   #36
BHPian

I am using a Westinghouse brand Oil filled heater since last 3 years in Bangalore. Its good , heats quicker based on settings/Wattage you chose, and manual thermostat to decide the room temp. Its manufactured by a haryana company under Westinghouse brand. Its safe and no risks for kids as there are fins and air passing thru the fins heats up the room. When I was looking for Oil heater I saw the Usha one online, preferred Westing house at that time, but as far as I remember both looks same in design, hence I presume the manufacturer may be one, usha may be marketing it.

Last edited by Fabiaous : 22nd November 2015 at 20:33.
Old 27th November 2020, 23:28   #37
BHPian

Recently got an Oil heater/oil filled radiator for home use. This one: https://www.havells.com/en/consumer/...fin%20ofr.html

Can anyone help me understand how much electricity this thing consumes typically? like maybe in relation to an air conditioner? Thanks!

Last edited by Elito11 : 27th November 2020 at 23:54.
Old 28th November 2020, 08:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Recently got an Oil heater/oil filled radiator for home use. This one: https://www.havells.com/en/consumer/...fin%20ofr.html

Can anyone help me understand how much electricity this thing consumes typically? like maybe in relation to an air conditioner? Thanks!
As per the data sheets , 2.9kW with three settings 1,1.5.2kW settings..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks