Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 23:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The quintessential Apple Watch thread

Apple announces the Apple Watch Series 7.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-20210914_230442.jpg

The Apple Watch Series 7 has new watch faces, 40% thinner borders, more rounded corners, and is 70% brighter. The buttons have also been redesigned and enlarged, making them easier to tap.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-20210914_230454.jpg

Apple says the Series 7 has the best ever durability of any of its watches. It comes in a variety of colors, and is compatible with all existing bands.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-20210914_230510.jpg

The Apple Watch Series 7 at a glance.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-20210914_230503.jpg

The Series 7 starts at $399 and will be available later this fall.

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-20210914_230459.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 07:22   #92
Team-BHP Support

The last non-Garmin watch I bought (well was bought for me) was back in 2011 when I got married - it was an elegant Citizen watch that barely seen my wrist since 2015 or so. Since then I have only bought and worn two watches. A Garmin Fenix 3 in 2015 which got changed to a Garmin Forerunner 945 in 2019. These were bought for sport and became my default daytime wear as well.

Now, after a decade, I have a desire to buy a watch for the sake of being a watch (and a bit more). My Garmins will continue to be the primary port of call for sports but its the Series 7 I’ve zeroed in on, whenever it launches later this year. It’s my first smart watch and I really hope I don’t get disappointed with the experience. Planning to get the larger size dial and most likely buy it in green (if not green, then in blue). I just hope I don’t get overwhelmed by the whole Watch ecosystem since its a brand new product for me. With passing age, I’ve realised I’m getting more and more lazy on learning new tech things.
Old 26th October 2021, 11:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a case that covers the full body for a 45mm Series 7 watch ? I gifted one to my dad and the Apple store guy told me he has a panzer tempered glass that protects the case and glass from damages and I didn't think much of it. However, when the watch was unboxed he realised the series 7 being 45mm won't take a 44mm protector

The lead time is 2 weeks or more and my dad is hesitant to use it until the case arrives. I only see good options on Amazon.com and none on the India website or at local stores.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th October 2021 at 12:09.
Old 26th October 2021, 18:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Would recommend Spigen protector for Series 7. I wanted a screen protector myself, but for Series 3. Not finding one. Any chance they would have it? Which store is this? Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Any recommendations for a case that covers the full body for a 45mm Series 7 watch ? I gifted one to my dad and the Apple store guy told me he has a panzer tempered glass that protects the case and glass from damages and I didn't think much of it. However, when the watch was unboxed he realised the series 7 being 45mm won't take a 44mm protector
Old 26th October 2021, 21:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Would recommend Spigen protector for Series 7. I wanted a screen protector myself, but for Series 3. Not finding one. Any chance they would have it? Which store is this? Thanks in advance
Sadly no case is available yet for the Series 7, but I'm inclined to go with Spigen based on past experience and considering Panzenglass costs 3k vs 1k for the Spigen. This was at Imagine Store, Orion Mall Rajajinagar. I didn't check with them for a Series 3 but they did have a large collection of cases for Apple watches so hopefully should have one for Series 3 too.

You can call Balraj on 9663502678 and check before going there.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 11:12   #96
BHPian

After being on the fence for about 6 months if I really needed an Apple Watch, finally got myself a 44mm SE to go with my 12 Pro Max yesterday. I did not go with the newer Series 7 as I did not really see myself using the ECG and the Blood oxygen that often. Also, no discounts offered on the Series 6 as well, and was quoted the same price as a series 7.

Any suggestions from fellow members if I should get myself a screen protector to go along with it? Do not want to go with a case as I do not like the extra bulk it adds around the watch.

Cheers,
TheDarkKnight

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-e06f0f193c3f468f800048065fe25515.jpeg
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 23:49   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Any suggestions from fellow members if I should get myself a screen protector to go along with it? Do not want to go with a case as I do not like the extra bulk it adds around the watch.
Congrats! Not sure how much was the difference but, you should have got the latest with all features including ECG and Blood Oxygen levels. The output is quite accurate and it's always good to have these important health features as it will enhance the overall functionality of the watch.

With respect to the case or protector. I would recommend not to go with either. I have been using Apple Watch since last 4+ years (Will never go back to a traditional watch ever) and initially I bought both of them. However, apart from spoiling the aesthetics, it's completely spoils the functionality of the watch.

I have changed 3 watches in this period and each time I traded/sold the previous watch and never had a single scratch on entire device. As long as you are a bit careful, you should be fine and would not need these protectors.

Cheers & Enjoy the best smartwatch in the market
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 04:40   #98
Team-BHP Support

First time Apple Watch user. Got my AW 7 along with this additional strap. The blue color matches (kind of, not exactly) my blue iPhone Pro 12. I am still figuring my way around the watch but I’m pretty sure my go to fitness watch will remain the Garmin. But after many years, I’m wearing a more formal watch during the day thanks to the Apple. I was otherwise just making do with wearing a Garmin full time or not wearing any watch at all.

Here’s a pic.
Attached Images

Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:53   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hello All

Recently got myself a Series 6.

While using Apple CarPlay while driving, the watch relays the Apple music info and turn by turn navigation continuously. This caused the battery to drain out rather early during a recent 400km drive.

Is there a way to turn this off and subsequent battery drain?

Thanks!

Last edited by Viju : 2nd November 2021 at 09:57.
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Cheers & Enjoy the best smartwatch in the market
Thank you for your suggestions on the screen protector and case . I like how the device looks as is, which is also why I don’t use a case for the iPhone as well. The difference between this and the AW7 was coming out to around 20k which I was not comfortable spending on in case I do not use the watch as much as I think I would (more of an automatic watch guy). Also there are a couple of items on my shopping list which I had to save up for as well.

I may upgrade to the Series 7 or 8 whenever it launches next year depending on my experience with the SE.

Cheers,
TheDarkKnight
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:09   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post

Is there a way to turn this off and subsequent battery drain?
You can go to the watch app on phone and go to maps and turn off the “Driving with Carplay” Option.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After being on the fence for about 6 months if I really needed an Apple Watch, finally got myself a 44mm SE to go with my 12 Pro Max yesterday.

Go for the Spigen Thin Fit cover case - link.
Super snug and comfortable. And ofcourse, does a very good job of protecting the raised watch edges.
I usually wear my watch almost throughout the day (to be true to the philosophy of wearing a smart watch ) and have found the Spigen Thin Fit cover very handy multiple times.

Here's my pic:-

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_1687.jpg
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 18:35   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Go for the Spigen Thin Fit cover case
The cover case looks really good and minimal.

I had a chance to look at my friends SE on which he has applied the Spigen ProFlex screen protector and this Thin fit case, but the black adhesive part of the screen protector does cut the screen a bit particularly at the corners. It also did not feel as responsive as it failed to recognise my touch 3 out of 10 times.

I’ve decided to risk it and keep the watch as is and admire it as it was meant to be and add a few straps in the future.

Based on one week’s experience, I’ve found myself wearing the watch a lot more than I had thought initially, the only gripe is the daily need to charge the watch and Apple’s decision to now include a USB C magnetic charger instead of the regular USB A type that we used to get earlier.

Cheers,
TheDarkKnight
Old 5th November 2021, 20:34   #104
BHPian

My Apple watch series 3 has stopped recording any activity (even three rings are not detecting basic activity like standing hours, exercise hours etc.) Have rebooted the watch but no positive results. Any pointers on how can I fix it ?
Old 6th November 2021, 00:19   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I’ve decided to risk it and keep the watch as is and admire it as it was meant to be and add a few straps in the future.

Based on one week’s experience, I’ve found myself wearing the watch a lot more than I had thought initially, the only gripe is the daily need to charge the watch and Apple’s decision to now include a USB C magnetic charger instead of the regular USB A type that we used to get earlier.
Good decision of not going for a watch protector or a cover. Been there and done that. It just spoils the overall aesthetics of this beautiful watch.

Also, please use it like a regular watch. I never take my watch off except when I need to charge it (Don't remove even while taking a shower).

I keep the charger next to my work station. And, I slap it on a charger once a day when I am sitting in one place for 30-60 mins at a time which is a several times in a day due to office calls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks