Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2018, 13:51   #1
BHPian

Software to calculate the part manufacturing costs?

Hello All,
I am working in a manufacturing organisation and we need to calculate parts manufacturing cost so that we can go and negotiate with vendor based on this data. Also I know that if i want to make it inhouse, how much it would cost.
There are softwares like aPriori but they are quite costly. Anyone knows some good indian software company who has this function?
or some good consultant?

thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 04:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Software to calculate the part manufacturing costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hello All,
I am working in a manufacturing organisation and we need to calculate parts manufacturing cost so that we can go and negotiate with vendor based on this data. Also I know that if i want to make it inhouse, how much it would cost.
Anyone knows some good indian software company who has this function?
or some good consultant?

thanks
I have gone through this exercise in 2016, believe there is no such ready to use software available in the market. Even a tool like Apriori needs lot of customisation to meet your needs. You may be doing this already, but would advise you to start on an excel sheet.
Old 20th November 2018, 07:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone knows some good indian software company who has this function? or some good consultant?
Not an Indian company, but they're present in India & can give you a good ROI & VFM on long term because these are designed to suit the industry specific needs - https://www.infor.com/industries/automotive

PS - Triumph is one of the client using this software
Old 20th November 2018, 09:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

www.emachineshop.com - again, not an Indian company. These guys were our clients many years ago. This is how it works -

1) Use their eMachineShop CAD software to build part (or upload any CAD software design)
2) Specify tolerances
3) Choose material (Aluminum, steel, plastic etc)
4) Get quote in USD
5) Order part.

However, I'm not sure how useful this is because you just want price quotes
Old 20th November 2018, 10:22   #5
BHPian

Re: Software to calculate the part manufacturing costs?

Quote:
Hello All,
There are softwares like aPriori but they are quite costly. Anyone knows some good indian software company who has this function?
or some good consultant?

thanks
A good consultant is your best bet. I don't think any software can achieve this accurately as there are so many variables including the location of manufacturing.

Also, a consultant might be able to advice on minor changes to reduce the cost if needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks