Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 21:17   #1
BHPian

Reviews of Dunzo & other runner service apps

With the advent of technology and today's fast paced lifestyle where we can get more done in lesser time and hopefully with more efficiency, there have been a few companies that have entered into the runner space. One can book a task online through an app and get errands run conveniently. Buy food, medicines, deliver items etc.

This is related to my experience with one such company in Bangalore called Dunzo. In the beginning it was a rosy & excellent experience and over time the service has deteriorated so badly it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and also financial loss.

Hopefully this thread will warn others to be cautious where and how to use their services. Though the company claims a lot of unique features and has also managed to secure funding to expand, the basics are being neglected.

I have used their services numerous times, even multiple times a day for various pickup and drop services, to buy food, collect cheques etc. Over time there has a serious deterioration in the quality of the manpower who do the runner work. The intention was to outsource most of the non essential work to Dunzo and concentrate on my company core activity.

I would request all members to be cautious in using these services for any bank related work like cheque deposit or cash deposit. I had to suffer once due to insufficient funds in one of my account which resulted in a loan EMI bouncing due to the deposit not being done on time by the runner. Once a cheque was also deposited into the wrong account. I had to run between pillar to post to get this corrected.

There was a very lacklustre response from the customer service who called me back after few days (!) and i was assured that this would not repeat. Lo and behold, again i face the same issue with another cheque deposit this week.

Even simple tasks take multiple times to complete, sometimes we are forced to cancel as its so frustrating to explain to runners who have very limited understanding capability and seem to have been trained poorly. Also the terms and conditions change often and there is no clarity on what are payment terms, cash, card etc.

The customer care somehow tries to stonewall complaints now with comments like we dont operate on calls and only resolve through chat which is really puzzling in today's day and age to just call the customer back or have a helpline number even to quickly resolve such issues. Nobody or no process is perfect but not listening to your customer in today's times is a big no no.

Sad to see such a wonderful concept which has great promise deteriorate. Hope they realize and correct it before its too late.
Old 13th December 2018, 21:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Reviews of Dunzo & other runner service apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
over time the service has deteriorated so badly it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and also financial loss.
I had just one experience with Dunzo and haven't used them since.

What is surprising is that after several bad experiences you have kept using them till you suffered financial losses.
Old 14th December 2018, 07:19   #3
BHPian

re: Reviews of Dunzo & other runner service apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
I had just one experience with Dunzo and haven't used them since.

What is surprising is that after several bad experiences you have kept using them till you suffered financial losses.
As i said in the beginning, the experience was very good, in the last couple of months most of the issues have cropped up. The bank incidents happened a month ago and from then, usage has been almost nil. In hindsight we should have stopped using their services and a momentary lapse has been the mistake in judgement from our side. Lesson learnt the hard way.
Old 14th December 2018, 10:23   #4
BHPian

Re: Reviews of Dunzo & other runner service apps

I have been using dunzo regularly since the several months, and have been happy with the services.

I have always used dunzo for less critical tasks, like pick up and delivery of stuff, and shopping for low value common place items. For these tasks, I have not really experienced any service issues as such.

It may be that the runners aren't trained enough for tasks like cheque deposits etc. I would doubt if any runner has had any experience with banks etc - given that many are kids just out of high school /College.

Maybe it's better to use Dunzo only for everyday tasks and not for matters that require some skills /application of mind.
Old 6th January 2019, 07:16   #5

Re: Reviews of Dunzo & other runner service apps

There's another issue with Dunzo. The Android app asks for system permission to work, and that means the folks at Dunzo get a frightening amount of data if you install the app on your phone. This data includes location details, device and carrier information, browsing history, and so much more. Like most Indian services, Dunzo is vacuuming troves of data, and there's no telling what they do with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks