Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 17:57   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i want HTC Touch features in Iphone with GPS till something else comes out in next couple of weeks!

To be very honest am really satisfied with the Touch, after a really long time of changing / experimenting with phones. Nokia. Ericsson, Win Mob etc etc

Too tempted for the iphone coz of its UI BUT dissuaded by Mr Jobs business logics.

My Dream Phone Meizu [COLOR=#0000ff]M8[/COLOR]

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - China Made iPhone Look A-Like Surfaced
Meizu's iPhone Clone: More Photos and Specifications | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

@Jaggu - I think this would fit the bill
Old 13th February 2008, 18:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
phone with:
windows mobile or symbian OS
touch screen (so no N95!)
best in class camera

I am waiting for it to come. Maybe Samsung i900?
I think LG Viewty suits you the best. Check it out, must be for around 19K. There was a comparison test I read somewhere (dont remember where) for all 5MP camera phones, where N95 topped and LG came second.
Old 13th February 2008, 21:09   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

LG viewty does not run WM or Symbian. Otherwise it would have been a decent candidate.
Old 13th February 2008, 21:48   #79
BHPian

I used to dream about different models but recently I went through some shocking incidents and it completely changed my mind. My 1 year old kid threw few sets, 1 to ground floor from IInd Floor, second to pot full of water and he crushed third one by his tricycle.
Now my favourite phone is Nokia 1100.
Old 13th February 2008, 23:16   #80
Team-BHP Support

Today I checked out the HTC Touch just out of curiosity. Wow, I could feel the excellent build quality when I held it. It feels so much more solid and superior to N73, this without even turning it on.

I think it has everything to be my dream phone, except for the form factor, which is the primary issue. The touch screen won't survive an hour in trouser pocket along with car keys.

That makes me wonder, how do you guys carry big calculator phones on person while wearing T-shirts?
Old 14th February 2008, 01:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That makes me wonder, how do you guys carry big calculator phones on person while wearing T-shirts?
I am notorious for carrying my phones in a holster like a gun as big as N-3650. This after i realise my jeans normally is not accomodating when it comes to phones, and shirt pocket almost always spills the phone out when i move around too much, which is quite often.

plus, I like the covers which save the phone from occassional beverage spills etc. even my current W810i is in pseudo leather cover.

LEATHER MATRIX COVER CASE FOR SONY ERICSSON W810i CLIP - (eBay.ca item 160117575445 end time 10-Mar-08 22:56:39 EDT)
Old 14th February 2008, 01:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The touch screen won't survive an hour in trouser pocket along with car keys.

Never carry phones in your pockets. The shirt pocket is too close to your tickin heart and the trouser pockets are closer to something more important.

Use a holster / carrycase / belt clip.
Old 14th February 2008, 01:26   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Never carry phones in your pockets. The shirt pocket is too close to your tickin heart and the trouser pockets are closer to something more important.
yup, that is another compelling reason. especially after my uncle who had a pacemaker had to avoid cellphones altogether.
Old 14th February 2008, 01:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
you are forgetting the lack of xenon flash on both versions of N95 . I agree with you about the camera and video capabilities of these cameras. I have N82 which is same as N95-8GB except for smaller screen, lesser mem (2GB) and different form factor but it has xenon flash which is so useful for a P&S camera.
N82 is also a great phone. Well Xenon FLASH is nice to have (so ideal phone would have that as well). However, most built-in flashes (even on SLRs) are rudimentary, and hardly suited for really dark situations. So, this is a consideration but more important to me are the camera cover in N95-1, and 128MB RAM of N95-8GB ... And screen size is w/o doubt of high importance to me (whether laptop or phone) ;-)
Another camera feature is optical zoom as in N93/N93i, now that you got me thinking ...
Cheers

PS - I have a 4GB uSDHC card for N95-1, so storage is not a problem. I have heard 8GB and 16GB are now announced ...
Old 14th February 2008, 01:37   #85
BHPian

well.. i already own the dream phone. Motorola E6 with the s9 headset, modded to take in 4 gb memory card, skins, blah blah....fits perfectly in my pocket.. not too bulgy... sad part is the camera is 2mp. Wish for a 3mp in it. Still i happy i own it now.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:44   #86
BHPian

The SE W960i is all i'm drolling over for the past two months. But, heck i have to wait for another 10 months before i could get one. Just waiting for the price to drop as much possible in the next 10 months.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:49   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I am notorious for carrying my phones in a holster like a gun as big as N-3650.
Well, ensure not to pull it out in front of cops, remember Amadou Diallo? (google if you don't)
Old 14th February 2008, 13:11   #88
Senior - BHPian

========================= OT ============================

Quote:
Well, ensure not to pull it out in front of cops, remember Amadou Diallo? (google if you don't)
Similar incident that happened 2 days back:

Man arrested at gunpoint for using MP3 player - Engadget

Quote:
Next time you're reaching down for that iPod or Zune (or anything else for that matter), take care that you don't alarm the authorities with any suspicious movements -- or you could end up like the UK's Darren Nixon. Apparently, the mild-mannered mechanic was on his way home from work when the Bobbies surrounded him and drew their guns, believing that the MP3 player in his pocket was a firearm. According to the Daily Mail, Mr. Nixon was tracked on CCTV, arrested at gunpoint, swabbed for DNA, fingerprinted, and thrown in a cell -- all for listening to a bootleg of Chinese Democracy on a 4GB Philips GoGear. Said Darren, "I was really shocked when I saw the guns. They were pointing them right at me. It was a pretty scary experience. I had no idea what was going on." After the team of Mentat cops realized their mistake, they couldn't even offer an apology, said Nixon, "They just dropped me off at home and said a quick 'sorry for any inconvenience', and that was all I got from them, which I thought was pretty out of order." Once again, a hot serving of sweet justice.
================================================== ===
Old 14th February 2008, 13:12   #89
BHPian

features i look in a phone are
- touch screen (with other features like handwriting recognition etc etc)
- a good camera
- enough memory

and a whole lot of features like bluetooth, IR, etc etc
used a P900 for a year or so - great phone,
then used a SE K750i for almost 2 years - gem of a phone as well.

currently updated to an Iphone expecting the best of the above two phones, but I was wrong; not all that happy with it though
missing my k750i at times :(
Old 15th February 2008, 11:56   #90

Sony Ericsson

seems to be very few sony users in the forum ..

In my opinion, sony p990i is one of the best choice.. It has all the important features required.

Don't know whether this model is outdated. I'm still using one.

Most Viewed