Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 6th April 2019, 17:01   #301
BHPian

In my case I had selected my Dishtv channel pack on 29-Mar, but that was never implemented as the dish was not realigned. Once the dish was aligned, I was automatically put back on some pack which ended up being Rs 150 more than the current. Yesterday sat through to check which channels were missing and there were quite a few. Whats more some sports channels have a lockin period.
Seems like we have to wait for Jio revolution or stick with Amazon & Netflix.
sansvk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 11:27   #302
BHPian

Default Re: TRAI announces major overhaul of DTH pricing

Trai finally accepts that the channel prices have gone up. Link
Link 2
Apparently they are working on "a consultation paper" to reduce the tariffs now. In plain English I think they mean "we're working ass backwards to ensure the tarrif plans work the way they ought to have from the beginning." Glad to see something is finally happening here although I don't have my fingers crossed.
Iyencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 12:27   #303
Senior - BHPian

TRAI should enforce strict regulations to charge on per channel basis and stop "package" concept. I had two Sun Direct connections previously, retained only one for my daughter after the prices were revised.

Last edited by deehunk : 12th June 2019 at 12:33.
deehunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 21:44   #304
BHPian

Team, Isn't the new structure prepaid with effective from 1st Feb?

I am asking this because I was out of station from Jan and after the new structure have some, the local cable operator has hiked the monthly payment without my consent by adding some pay channels which i never want or watched. Now the total bill have come around Rs1800 for the last few months and I refused to pay. They are threatening with legal action. Earlier I was paying monthly bill, similiar to postpaid.
ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote