Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 9th February 2019, 13:58   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: New FDI norms stop e-tailers from selling products of companies they own

From a purely personal point of view, I am something of a sympathiser with a certain amount of protectionism. I don't want to argue any theory about that, it just is. I think that a country (government) has a duty to look after its own: industry, agriculture, retailers etc.

But life is not so simple. For a number of reasons, these days, I'd rather buy from Amazon than home-grown Flipkart (Walmart adds another reason, though) and I like my bargains as much as the next man does.

Maybe I'm a bit hypocritical here. Might find that hard to deny.
Old 11th March 2019, 20:23   #92
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: New FDI norms stop e-tailers from selling products of companies they own

Elizabeth Warren, the person most responsible for the creation of Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, has a new daring plan.

First she explains how big tech is killing every other business, in a simple language. This is very important because most people don't understand or appreciate this very serious problem. This very thread proves that it is a complex problem to understand.

Most Viewed