Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 19:22   #46
BHPian

Any updates guys?
Old 3rd December 2007, 13:34   #47
BHPian

I have been doing a survey of ebay sites for the price range of these Chinese/Korean phones especially the ZTC-CECT models. Seems all are in the price range of 7.5K to 9 K.
Many functions thrown in like TV / DUAL SIM / DUAL-QUAD CAMERAS/ ...
To have a personal feel of these visited Royal Touch market opposite Manish Market (near Crawford, Fort). Few looked good, still hesitating considering the risks involved. Someone told me that the speakers are real awesome and TV enabled ones r great.
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:10   #48
BHPian

one of my friend has, no offend but personally i feel its looks very cheap, the sound is too loud which a layman think the qulaity is too gud, for them ringing a ringtone at high pitch means gud qulaity,, bla bla
but its a sirdard and looks is too local and if there are any issues in product then you have to wait as gry market is not flooded with too many spares,
so i have dropped the Idea and bought blackberry pearl white
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 4th December 2007, 14:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

I use a CECT Dual SIM phone, the N6500. Cost abt 6.5k INR. Most of my friends have mistaken in for a high end NOKIA, but it may just be their ignorance.

Nothing to write home about this phone. The camera is pathetic, though it is supposed to be 3.2mp. Menu is cumbersome, not intuitive at all. Sound quality is good and loud for music. Comes with a spare battery and the charging cable doubles up as a USB cable to connect to a PC.

One thing I found good about the phone is that it can charge two batteries simultaneously.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:58   #50
BHPian

check this link

riot of china phones
China mobile phone wholesale - China mobile phone
Old 21st December 2007, 19:13   #51
BHPian

Guys,

Is the Samsung Duos D880 available in India now? If yes, where and for how much?
Old 19th February 2008, 23:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

multi sim phones -which is the best

i had heard of phones which uses 2 sims.which according to you is the best one arround and whats the cost.

mods-i dint see a similar thread on the topic,if its there please merge.

ram
Old 19th February 2008, 23:29   #53
Team-BHP Support

You can use this thread - Multi Sim phones.
Old 19th February 2008, 23:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Spice has a model where in both the sim cards can be worked simultaneously, rather then switching to different sim every time. I do not remember the exact model no. but it is very popular one, and price is around 6-7kish.

Cheers
Old 19th February 2008, 23:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

look on ebay.in .go to mobiles section and click on other models. u will get hundreds of models that have dual sim. televison, touchscreen and what not. these korean mobiles have flooded in our market. i too had a chance on 2 of these. they are awesome with such a low price
Old 20th February 2008, 07:51   #56
BHPian

Samsung are planning to release many Multi Sim phones, but I haven't seen any in the Indian market as yet.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Samsung are planning to release many Multi Sim phones, but I haven't seen any in the Indian market as yet.
Mate, Samsung is already in double sim market from 2007. Samsung W339 The major draw back of multi sim phones is that the user has to switch between different sims when required, where as only spice has such model wherein switching is not required. one can get calls on both the sims simultaneously.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Mate, Samsung is already in double sim market from 2007. Samsung W339 The major draw back of multi sim phones is that the user has to switch between different sims when required, where as only spice has such model wherein switching is not required. one can get calls on both the sims simultaneously.
I am talking about the Samsung D880 Duos:
Samsung D880 Duos - Full phone specifications
Samsung Mobile : Products
This phone DOES allow both sims to be active simultaneously. There are plans also to release the Samsung Armani in Dual Sim format as well (plus many other handsets as well). The D880 is meant to be released but as I mentioned above, I have not seen it in India yet.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I am talking about the Samsung D880 Duos:
Samsung D880 Duos - Full phone specifications
Samsung Mobile : Products
This phone DOES allow both sims to be active simultaneously. There are plans also to release the Samsung Armani in Dual Sim format as well (plus many other handsets as well). The D880 is meant to be released but as I mentioned above, I have not seen it in India yet.
Worry not mate, you'll soon seeing them on dealer's racks as D880 is already out and being available < 14K

Cheers
Old 20th February 2008, 17:22   #60
BHPian

I am using KTECH Q500A model of chinese phone (CECT phones).. Both the SIMS work fine together.
Paid around Rs 6000 on Ebay. Sound quality is good. But no JAVA, BT-A2DP etc. working.
GPRS was made functional..but now its ceased to work.
All in all its good for telephony !!

Most Viewed