Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 12:26   #61
BANNED

Hi,
Is there any cheap accessory (available easily in Mumbai/Pune) which will let me use 2 SIM's in my Cell Phone. I don't want to buy a new phone. Neither do I want both to be active at the same time. Just want the convinience of occasional switching without removing the battery/sim card etc.

Looking for something like this
Duosim|GSM 3G Mobile Phone|Dual Sim Card Adapter|Dualsim|Twin sim|Magicsim|Ghost sim|Supersim Cloner

Someone also said that the operator can put 2 MSIDN's on the same SIM - does Vodafone do this, any idea?
Old 1st August 2008, 00:23   #62
BHPian

I 've been dreaming of a good dual sim phone for the last quite some time . It was really a pain and stupid to carry 3 phones but i had no option as i use 3 different nos. I never wanted to buy those big ,bulky ,ugly looking chinese phones .

I saw the Samsung D880 last month and had almost purchased it till i heard that samsung was planning to launch a new Dual sim phone the D780 , a more sleeker ,smarter looking phone . I waited and waited and last week got a call from the dealer and immediatly went and bought it .

About the phone , its performing very well , looks very smart , both sims work simultaneously and whenever i want to call from my second sim all i 've to do is press a button on the left and its ready .
It has very basic features like the 2.0 megapixel camera , bluetooth etc. ,quite weighty , very small screen but overall an excellent phone at a very reasonable price .
Old 1st August 2008, 09:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi Beemer,

Could you please tell us how much the piece costs if you don't mind? I am also planning to buy one soon.

Thanks!
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hi Beemer,

Could you please tell us how much the piece costs if you don't mind? I am also planning to buy one soon.

Thanks!
Dude it costed me Rs. 9200/ with bill and warranty . Go for it , IMO this is the best Duo available in the market .
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

our office boy has a dualsim chinese stuff in 3500. n70 copy. shiny etyadi. very decent music and 1.3mp cam is the only pain. but very interesting otherwise. quite fundoo!
Old 2nd August 2008, 01:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Dude it costed me Rs. 9200/ with bill and warranty . Go for it , IMO this is the best Duo available in the market .
Fantastic! Just checking the Sammy website. Nokia doesn't make dual sim isnt it?
Old 2nd August 2008, 09:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

best way is to go branded samsung duo which operates tata indicom and any GSM or both GSM or both CDMA,

it comes with touchscreen and host of other functions just at a price tag of rs 9000/- , chroma mall price. check with local dealers will get in lesser
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Someone at work had an iPhone rip-off for about 5000 bucks - the phone physically looked a lot like the iPhone, but the interface was cheap-looking, and not that great. It had Dual-Sim capabilities, and he said it works pretty fine, serves the purpose very well.

I wonder why no big names (except for Samsung... and Spice) have a dual-sim phone yet?
Old 20th November 2008, 18:22   #69
BHPian

Have been using Dual Sim Chinese phone (no idea of Make) for the last few months. It's very convenient.
The battery life is poor and I have to charge it every night but you do get an extra battery with it.
It's quite easy to use once you get used to it.

Btw just bought a 4gb micro sd card and it is supported by the phone.

The speakers inbuilt are awesome btw.

Puia
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:35   #70
BHPian

Any reviews of Wespro WM3708i ? It sells online for 5k and has all features.
I am not sure if it is China-made.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:40   #71
BHPian

It seems the grey market chinese phones will stop functioning in a few days. Mobile operators will stop services to such phones.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/4352642.cms
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:55   #72
BHPian

A very small fraction of these Chinese phones come without IMEI numbers. All the rest have an IMEI for both Master and Slave SIM.

You can easily find out by pressing *#06# on your phone.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
A very small fraction of these Chinese phones come without IMEI numbers. All the rest have an IMEI for both Master and Slave SIM.

You can easily find out by pressing *#06# on your phone.
The article mentions that many of these phone have 15 digit IMEI numbers, whereas other phones have 16 digit IMEI numbers. The phones with 15 digit IMEI numbers are the ones, whose services will be stopped.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
The article mentions that many of these phone have 15 digit IMEI numbers, whereas other phones have 16 digit IMEI numbers. The phones with 15 digit IMEI numbers are the ones, whose services will be stopped.
I don't think thats true. My Nokia has a 15 digit code. My Spice D80 has 2 codes of 15 digits each. Some chinese phones have the number missing altogether. I think they would be targetted.

In any case, IMEI number is not useful anyways. On 2 occasions, when my friends phones were lost/stolen and we called up Hutch (now Vodafone) with IMEI numbers and asked them to disable it, they said "Sir, this facility is not available in India" and asked us to file an FIR instead.
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
I don't think thats true. My Nokia has a 15 digit code. My Spice D80 has 2 codes of 15 digits each. Some chinese phones have the number missing altogether. I think they would be targetted.

In any case, IMEI number is not useful anyways. On 2 occasions, when my friends phones were lost/stolen and we called up Hutch (now Vodafone) with IMEI numbers and asked them to disable it, they said "Sir, this facility is not available in India" and asked us to file an FIR instead.
The need for IMEI numbers is so that the "terrorists" can be tracked and more information found out. Obviously it's nothing but the government which wants more power so they can wiretap and sniff our conversations by tracking IMEI numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks