Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:19   #1546
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I have off late avoided ebay, simply as the hassle of returning a bad item is simply too much. Though one can buy low value items with fair confidence.
Tell me about it! eBay is the worst when it comes to returns, and by a wide margin. They have for no valid reason refused reverse pick up for substandard/defective products. They expect you to pack and courier it yourself. They say they will reimburse the courier charges in form of store credit kinda coupon. Now the issue is that couriers quote very fancy prices for individual customers, esp. when the parcel is bit big/heavy. So you get a lousy coupon for that amount which is stuck with eBay and I'm guessing you can't apply any discount coupon to that amount. So you have to buy something you may not need at a price that you wont like.
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:36   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Had ordered a Lens hood on DX.com 4 weeks back, yet to receive it!

Shipping is done over Hongkong post & delivered here by India Post, SLA is 15 business days, which is over now...

Not sure if I need to wait for few more days, also service by India Post is quite unreliable here in Blore...
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:42   #1548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Shipping is done over Hongkong post & delivered here by India Post, SLA is 15 business days, which is over now...

Not sure if I need to wait for few more days, also service by India Post is quite unreliable here in Blore...
Do you have the shipment number?
Rxxxxxxx something? Check on 17track, its more than likely stuck at customs. 15 days is fast from dx, and rare too. More like 20-25 days on average is what it takes.
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:53   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Do you have the shipment number?
Rxxxxxxx something? Check on 17track, its more than likely stuck at customs. 15 days is fast from dx, and rare too. More like 20-25 days on average is what it takes.
Have a Order no starting with 14** (18 digit no), 17track doesn't have info for this Order no.

You mean 20-25 Business/working days?

PS: Tracking status at DX.com shows it is fully shipped on 05-Jun-14

Last edited by finneyp : 3rd July 2014 at 19:03.
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:57   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered a couple of tubes of ointment, ordinary post, from a company on amazon.co.uk. Not delivered. Despite the reputation of our Indian post, this is my first failure. Thankfully, not a very expensive one.

I have let the company know, but I don't expect anything: I do not hold them responsible for an untrackable, uninsured, item in the post.

Now I am holding my breath waiting for a much more expensive herbal medicine (3 bottles) package from UK...
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:11   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

I had ordered a stylus force gauge from DX. It took almost 40 days to arrive but it finally did come. Was well packed with no damage. Its just the lousy indian postal department that takes so long.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:17   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ROC for that update, can breathe easy for next 10 days

I was also sure it is India Post sleeping over it...
Old 5th July 2014, 10:24   #1553
Team-BHP Support

Stumbled upon this website called oznium.com from the briskoda forums while searching for some random stuff. They deal mostly with LED lighting. I wanted to get a pair of puddle lights for the ORVMs and came across this site that deals with bolt on LEDs in various sizes, shapes and colors. I had never heard of this site before but feedback seemed quite good from the forums so went ahead and placed the order for a pair of 11mm flush mount LED bolts in black Alu. housing without lens. One 11 mm flush mount LED bolt was priced at 5.99 USD, so two for 11.98 and USPS shipping at 10.81 USD; order totaling to 22.79 USD.

Placed the order on 26the June 11:05 PM local time, they shipped it out by 11:29 PM using USPS! Even our local Snapdeal/Amazon/eBay/Flipkart orders wouldn’t ship out that fast. I received the shipment in shipshape yesterday - Colorado, US to Surat, India in 8 days via USPS (without tracking) is pretty fast!

This is the link to these LEDs - http://www.oznium.com/led-bolt

The Online Shopping Thread-wp_20140704_21_38_17_pro.jpg

They are meant to work with 12V but tested it with a 9V battery and the brightness was insane. Would make for some nice puddle lamps I bet.

The outer enclosure is Alumiunium (serves as a heatsink essentially) and the external threading is good. They are completely waterproof as well (Oznium suggests it has an IP68 rating). Check out the video:

This isn’t an ad! Just decided to share my opinion in case someone is looking to buy some LEDs for some DIY work.
Old 6th July 2014, 10:30   #1554
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.autotrends.in/

Ordered a Hella-look alike wipers for Alto for 299. Very smooth and trouble free experience. Placed the order on 3rd July 3:40 PM, A lady called me to confirm the order and informed it takes about 8-12hrs for them to ship the product. Had the wipers delivered to me on 5th July by 11 AM. Courier used was fedex. Since I was ordering from them for the first time opted for COD (has a COD charge of 74).

Thanks to Parag for the recommendation, on Gannu's ownership log.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yes indeed they look better, are more flexible and can I also add that they are silent as well?

Plus you don't need to bother about the dull finish of the wiper blades once they become "old"

Not Hella but last year I had ordered one from here (URL Below) only after looking at the tempting price and wanted to give it a try for the WagonR:

http://www.autotrends.in/universal-p...lto-18-16.html

These wipers for 299/- though a cheap look alike of the branded counterparts were indeed good in terms of quality and functioning as well.

Soon after I ordered, a friend & Bhpian ordered for his Palio as well and he too was totally satisfied with these wipers.

But the fun ended when few friends ordered this for SX4 (Longer ones) and both of them complained about the longer wiper leaving a lot of space on the windscreen without wiping so badly that it was turning dangerous driving in rains.

Now that I have the Ertiga too, I will order Hella this time since it will be longer than what I had for WagonR and I don't want to take that risk.
Old 7th July 2014, 00:26   #1555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
http://www.autotrends.in/

Ordered a Hella-look alike wipers for Alto for 299. Very smooth and trouble free experience. Placed the order on 3rd July 3:40 PM, A lady called me to confirm the order and informed it takes about 8-12hrs for them to ship the product. Had the wipers delivered to me on 5th July by 11 AM. Courier used was fedex. Since I was ordering from them for the first time opted for COD (has a COD charge of 74).

Thanks to Parag for the recommendation, on Gannu's ownership log.
Hey, I also bought a set of 24 & 18 wipers for my Cruze and it was delivered in 24 hours flat via FedEx. Have used them in light rain and they seem to be pretty good. Overall very happy with Autotrends.

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th July 2014 at 00:26. Reason: Spelling
Old 7th July 2014, 10:15   #1556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, I also bought a set of 24 & 18 wipers for my Cruze and it was delivered in 24 hours flat via FedEx. Have used them in light rain and they seem to be pretty good. Overall very happy with Autotrends.
Ok, that's good to know. I was thinking of checking these for a while on the Alto before ordering larger ones for the Scorp.
Old 7th July 2014, 10:30   #1557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Ok, that's good to know. I was thinking of checking these for a while on the Alto before ordering larger ones for the Scorp.
Recommend that you pick up a pair at this throwaway price and test it. After all what can you get for 299 inc shipping these days!
Old 7th July 2014, 10:45   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Re: Items stolen from a UK "Royal Mail Signed For" parcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
They have lodged a complaint with Royal Mail and i had lodged a complaint with our Postal department regarding this. I received a reply from Assistant Director (CS) of Kerala Circle that the complaint has been forwarded to Supdt of PO, TVM for further investigation and a further reply from them can be expected.
Update:
An inquiry is being done by our Postal Dept and a person visited our home on Friday morning to take our statement on paper which was given. They checked the parcel and the contents and took it away.

There is nothing much that we would gain from this inquiry but i'm glad to see that some action is being taken and the complaint is being responded to. This happiness is because of the fact that i have had very low expectation of anything being done when i lodged the complaint.
Old 7th July 2014, 11:22   #1559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Stumbled upon this website called oznium.com from the briskoda forums while searching for some random stuff. They deal mostly with LED lighting. I wanted to get a pair of puddle lights for the ORVMs and came across this site that deals with bolt on LEDs in various sizes, shapes and colors. I had never heard of this site before but feedback seemed quite good from the forums so went ahead and placed the order for a pair of 11mm flush mount LED bolts in black Alu. housing without lens. One 11 mm flush mount LED bolt was priced at 5.99 USD, so two for 11.98 and USPS shipping at 10.81 USD; order totaling to 22.79 USD.

Placed the order on 26the June 11:05 PM local time, they shipped it out by 11:29 PM using USPS! Even our local Snapdeal/Amazon/eBay/Flipkart orders wouldn’t ship out that fast. I received the shipment in shipshape yesterday - Colorado, US to Surat, India in 8 days via USPS (without tracking) is pretty fast!

This is the link to these LEDs - http://www.oznium.com/led-bolt

Wow! Thank you so much! I was looking for something like these for a long time!

How do you intend to use this as puddle lamps? Where do you want to hook them up?

BTW, Which LED type gives a nice spread - Lens or without lens?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post and avoid quoting images / videos in your reply.
Quoting a full, long post with images / videos inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th July 2014 at 11:33.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:02   #1560
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How do you intend to use this as puddle lamps? Where do you want to hook them up?
I am planning to get them installed underneath the ORVMs. OEM puddle lamps (Eg. XUV 5OO, Superb, Octavia etc.) are usually located here since the purpose is to highlight any puddle near the doors.

The Online Shopping Thread-skodaoctavia56.jpg
Image source: TBHP Octavia Review

The Online Shopping Thread-81929810151421001868209.jpg

Check out this Briskoda thread - link

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
BTW, Which LED type gives a nice spread - Lens or without lens?
I honestly have no clue. Oznium has included an image on the landing page of the LED bolts. The lens may help in giving a focused light and reducing the spread. I chose to go with the non-lens type so that the LED remains inconspicuous.

Not much work involved. I need to simply connect them to the cabin lights which would switch on when you unlock the doors using the keyfob and would dim when you insert the key and turn on ACC. I need to figure out how to open the door panels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks