Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 12:16   #1576
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Any reviews on crossword.in, landmarkonthenet ?
Even on Amazon.in? Anyway, I have ordered from Crossword once in the past, it was rather a painless experience.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:20   #1577
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

Had ordered some books from Landmarkonthenet (the e-commerce portal of the Landmark outlets) two years back IIRC. Promptly dispatched the books on the same day and received them on the third day. Packaging was good (cardboard over the polythene laminated books; they don’t need bubble wraps or Styrofoam anyway) and they had shipped it via DTDC. But that was the last time I used that portal. Flipkart and Amazon India had most of them.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:20   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Anyone tried FabFurnish?? Feedback on quality, services, etc.
Looking to get a large coffee table .. prices (after discount) look good.
Fabfurnish is a good site. Its an arm of Jabong.
Both Jabong and Fabfurnish are rated highly.

Quality of the product varies depending on the product and the price.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:22   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Anyone tried FabFurnish?? Feedback on quality, services, etc.
Looking to get a large coffee table .. prices (after discount) look good.
Yes, I have tried ordering for a shoe rack and few bed spreads in Bangalore. There were delivered in about 2 days and I was promptly offered for assembling the shoe rack and they came in specified time and did a good job too.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:37   #1580
Senior - BHPian

I don't have great experience with fabfurnish.com. Most orders take min 2 weeks to reach me whereas flipkart and amazon delivers in 4-5 days. No, I've not ordered furniture, but once a photo painting, which was badly packed and arrived with shattered glass; the size of the painting was a tad less than they specified. Though they allowed me to re-order anything else for the price. It takes minimum 2 days just to move the item out from them and the mail communication is not as quick others. I've ordered some 5 times.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:57   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Found a couple of books in there which I cannot find anywhere else. Wanted to have your reviews if any purchases are done.

Thanks a ton
I have ordered from landmarkonthenet at a time when landmark in Forum used to be just a bookstore. They were prompt in delivery and packaging the books.
Old 15th July 2014, 13:41   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfor View Post
I have ordered .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Had ordered two years back
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Even on Amazon.in? Crossword painless experience.
Watfor, Gannu, Binand : Thanks guys for your confirmation. Have placed a COD on CW to check on their delivery, as CW has more books that I need compared to Landmark.

binand : Yes, Amazon.in doesn't have the books me interested !!!
Old 15th July 2014, 14:39   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I don't have great experience with fabfurnish.com. Most orders take min 2 weeks to reach me whereas flipkart and amazon delivers in 4-5 days. No, I've not ordered furniture, but once a photo painting, which was badly packed and arrived with shattered glass; the size of the painting was a tad less than they specified. Though they allowed me to re-order anything else for the price. It takes minimum 2 days just to move the item out from them and the mail communication is not as quick others. I've ordered some 5 times.
Experience at Fabfurnish

I ordered a sofa set on the 30th of June, it reached me on 8th of July and was assembled on 9th July. There was zero hassle in arranging everything. I am impressed with the quality of the furniture.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:19   #1584
BHPian

I have mixed bag of emotions with fabfurnish. Once I bought a centre table worth 4K at a heavy discounted price and it arrived in good shape with proper packing. Upon assembling, one of the main screws holding the entire table came off from the securing position which made useless, unless it got repaired. Being its a new item, I opted for refund just because of the poor quality of the table and asked them to initiate the return pick up. To my surprise, they refunded the full money and allowed me to keep damaged table with me. They must have realised that its not worth to get it returned at their cost. But the response were very quick once they received the pictures for the damage claim I got an instant approval of the refund. One of my staff is still gracefully enjoying it after a small repair with his favourite carpenter.

Moral: Beware of the hefty discounts on furnitures as they may be tend to collapse at any point of time.
Old 15th July 2014, 23:18   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Fabfurnish is a good site. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
...did a good job too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I don't have great experience with fabfurnish.com. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Moral: Beware of the hefty discounts on furnitures as they may be tend to collapse at any point of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
...am impressed with the quality of the furniture.
Thanks guys .. for putting down your experiences!
I had placed my order earlier today ... hoping it turns out good one.

Pratyush ... I have seen your sofa .. it looks fantastic!

-Deepankar
Old 16th July 2014, 00:18   #1586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
"Limited shelf life."

As a colleague of mine remarked, seeing one of the office book shelves collapse in a heap. Must have been about 1985, and I've been laughing at it ever since.
Old 16th July 2014, 07:58   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Thanks Dear for the Indian link, I could trace it, super impressive, check the shipment progress below

Lost the formatting, don't know how to take screen shots on a iPad

-------

7/4/2014 3:03:00 PM HONG KONG Receive item from customer (Otb) Air unknown

7/8/2014 5:24:00 PM HONG KONG HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE Insert item into bag (Otb) Air unknown
7/9/2014 10:31:59 AM INDIA MUMBAI AIR Receive item at office of exchange (Inb) Air MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
7/9/2014 10:42:21 AM INDIA MUMBAI AIR Send item to customs (Inb) Air MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE
7/10/2014 2:51:56 PM INDIA MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE Return item from customs (Inb) Air MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE
7/10/2014 4:12:12 PM INDIA MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE Send item to domestic location (Inb) Air CRC PUNE RMS

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Finaly received the package yesterday, was delivered by the local postman, took around 11 calendar day in total from order to delivery, which is pretty neat. The tow cable is of 5 ton and 4mtr long, but somehow gives me a visual feeling of being of a little lesser strength, however that could also be my perception and I don't or can't say that for a fact.

I now await the next consignment which is also on the way

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 16th July 2014, 12:38   #1588
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if anyone else noticed, DTDC's tracking system is down since the last few days. I had to track a very important shipment and realised this yesterday. Confirmed the same from our local DTDC office as well. Their Facebook portal is now being flooded with tracking requests and bashing!
Old 16th July 2014, 12:44   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Last week we ordered some groceries on BIGBASKET dot com with delivery slot chosen for Saturday morning (7:30 - 9:30 or something like that). They arrived about 30 mins late and one of the ordered items (worth Rs 100) was not delivered.

Now we had no issues with both the things. But now comes the fantastic part! They gifted us 50% cashback for the undelivered item and another 10% cashback on the entire order for the 30 mins delay! I did not envisage even in my wildest dreams such kind of service was possible in India! Hats off to the Bigbasket team.
Old 16th July 2014, 14:00   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Having shopped on Zansaar, Fabfurnish and UrbanLadder I am considering giving Pepperfry a try. With all the above online stores it was always COD and all 3 stores exceeded my expectations in terms of delivery and product quality.

What I have liked about all these stores is that, they seem to have some lovely furniture which usually isn't available at the usual stores like @home/homecenter/evok et all. Additionally the prices are extremely competitive too such that none of the good stores in town can match.

Anyone ever tried pepperfry ? They only seem to have negative reviews and no COD too.

Most Viewed