Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 16:08   #1651
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Post#1648:
Edit time limit past. So this clarificatory post.Sorry about it:
Actually I meant, only Youtube videos,local media on PC/iPad can be cast here in India.
(However in US,one can cast Netflix,Hulu videos if you have an a/c)
Performance is very good. For local media, Plex can be installed on PC and Plex(paid) to be installed on iPad. The installation is simple.
Old 31st July 2014, 17:17   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Here's my experience with this promo:

https://plus.google.com/112929706764...ts/Fu8bAGCfhQA
Old 1st August 2014, 15:33   #1653
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I bought the Chromecast a few months back. I currently use it to (a) stream to my TV stuff that is available only on Youtube (mostly CBeebies shows that my daughter adores but are not seen on Indian TV), (b) while travelling (along with a D-Link DIR-505) and (c) couple of movies rented from Google Play Store. Works like a charm in India. I think this was money well spent.
Can i use the chromecast to watch cbeebies shows.My daughter too likes cbeebies and was very sad when the telecast stopped in india.She even started asking about the possibility of moving to UK
Old 1st August 2014, 15:34   #1654
BHPian

Ordered API General Cure from one of the reputed seller in eBay. Against my urgency he shipped it through FedEx Overnight, Priority last Friday. ETA was 30th July. Till date I haven't received the product and the status of the shipment just shows out for delivery and then back to hub from 30th. Calls to FedEx yesterday resulted in a promise that it will be delivered before 4PM yesterday. There were no comments on why the package is not delivered.
Today gave a call and the same guy says that there is a comment mentioning that the delivery couldn't be attempted due to rain. Isnt this reason absurd for a international company like FedEx?
When raised the same, the CC guy was really helpless. I am going to wait till 8PM today. Any other options I have. Can I raise a dispute with eBay to cancel the booking?
Old 1st August 2014, 18:06   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
My second order with AliExpress turned out to be quite a good experience. Ordered the OEM VW Polo Armrest on Friday evening (25 July) and it was delivered today (30-July). Took only 5 days in spite of the weekend and the Eid holiday in between. I had opted for FedEx shipping. The dealer had valued the shipment at 25$ so I didn't need to pay any additional customs duties.
Update: On opening the package I found that the little plastic flap that is supposed to come with the armrest was missing . I am talking about the small squarish part that covers the hole behind the arm rest after it is installed. I am in a conversation with the dealer on AliExpress and he verbally agreed to investigate and send me this part after consulting with the shipping company. I have sent him an email with a photo of the package contents that I received. Am currently waiting for his response. Will let you all know how it goes.
Old 2nd August 2014, 10:57   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Snapdeal's pathetic delivery is getting on my nerves. Ordered a Camera accessory on 30th July, the est shipping date was 01st Aug. Today I checked the shipment tracking and the est shipping date is now 6th Aug for no reasons. Called up their customer care to check the reason, but was frustrated to listen to the parroty words. Will wait for the material till Monday, if it doesnt reach then I will cancel the order.

I should have bought it from Flipkart, atleast the extra cost could be compensated by quick delivery.
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:06   #1657
Team-BHP Support

Ordered a Moto E from Flipkart (7000 Rs.) on Tuesday morning 7:30 AM, they shipped it by 10:30 AM through Delhivery Couriers from Bangalore and received it on Thursday afternoon. Pretty quick! The device is super VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Update: On opening the package I found that the little plastic flap that is supposed to come with the armrest was missing .
Ouch! Anyways, if this is the same dealer from whom I got my armrest, rest assured, they will send you the trim free of cost. Don’t worry about that.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 2nd August 2014, 12:00   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Snapdeal's pathetic delivery is getting on my nerves. Ordered a Camera accessory on 30th July, the est shipping date was 01st Aug. Today I checked the shipment tracking and the est shipping date is now 6th Aug for no reasons. Called up their customer care to check the reason, but was frustrated to listen to the parroty words. Will wait for the material till Monday, if it doesnt reach then I will cancel the order.

I should have bought it from Flipkart, atleast the extra cost could be compensated by quick delivery.
I had ordered scuff plates for my Liva on 24th July 2014 (COD) wherein estimated time given was 29th July 2014. On 25th i checked it said your order has been processed. 26th got same message and the same day got sms that delivery by 29th July and same day around 4 pm got call from wife that order from Snapdeal has arrived .

On Monday 28th evening got sms that my item has been delivered

This was my first experience with snapdeal, packing was good but service regarding customer update needs to be improved

As per my experience with flipkart every move was updated through sms and even courier guy had called me to confirm the address and if someone is available at residence to collect the parcel (Might be courier guy was kind enough).

Last edited by driving_smartly : 2nd August 2014 at 12:03.
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:40   #1659
BANNED

Re: Polo OEM armrest ordered from Aliexpress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Hi All

I took the plunge to order my first purchase from China! And it was delightful experience.

Thanks to @Gannu_1, whose thread/post I referred to for this.

The vendor was courteous, and I was able to bargain US$2.50 , plus complimentary "anti-slip mat" and "GTI" sticker.

Total cost: US$115 (incl US$50 FedEx charges).

My payment stays in an escrow A/c till I've received the product, and when satisfied, I can then release the payment to the vendor. Excellent buyer protection mechanism!

I placed the order on 18 Jul, and was at my doorstep on 23 Jul! Didnt get stuck in customs, as the vendor had quoted a US$30 gift invoice (although they can't guarantee customs clearance).

All in all great experience.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3495320

hi amanomics,

thanks for sharing the purchase experience. could you share the installation experience of same. a fellow member unknown has mentioned some issues with the supplied bolt not fitting into the foundation. did you face any such issues. Do we have to specify specific bolts/screws for the indian version polo from the aliexpress supplier ?

thanks.
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:41   #1660
BHPian

There was an earlier rant from me about Flipkart not servicing Trivandrum. So I didn't go near the site at all for close to two months (what is the use?). Today i casually opened the site and just looked around for an office bag and surprise, my office pincode location is serviced if the seller is WS Retail But still my home address is not service neither by WS Retail nor other sellers
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:04   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Ordered iPhone 4s screen guard (Matte finish) from Amazon.in, got it delivered in 3 days. Quality of the product, packing, service everything is good and I'm happy with it.

Now comes another story. My colleague wanted the same product for his mobile and I ordered again. This time the product was delivered in 7 days. The same packing, it clearly mentioned iPhone 4/4s Matte finish on the wrapper. After sticking them on the screen, fount it is CLEAR and not MATTE
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:58   #1662
Distinguished - BHPian

While looking for good deals on the FZ200, I came across the following prices,

Amazon.in - 23500 (Seller has only 6 ratings - 17%positive)
Amazon.in - 24749 (amazon fullfilled)
Snapdeal - 24744
Flipkart - 29742

Thinking of ordering COD from Amazon fullfilled seller. BTW, what are the advantages of a a-fullfilled order?
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:06   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thinking of ordering COD from Amazon fullfilled seller. BTW, what are the advantages of a a-fullfilled order?
If I understood it right, it gets shipped through/out of the Amazon's warehouse in BLR or MUM. Because of this, you can be assured of the packing quality & delivery timelines.
Old 4th August 2014, 14:03   #1664
BHPian

Re: Polo OEM armrest ordered from Aliexpress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3495320

hi amanomics,

thanks for sharing the purchase experience. could you share the installation experience of same. a fellow member unknown has mentioned some issues with the supplied bolt not fitting into the foundation. did you face any such issues. Do we have to specify specific bolts/screws for the indian version polo from the aliexpress supplier ?

thanks.
Hi Rana,
As stupid as it may sound, but I'm still awaiting delivery of my vehicle.

But as far as Gannu_1's experience goes, he didnt face any issues with the supplied screws.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:17   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I had placed an order on DX.com about a month back and am yet t receive it. It was a low value order and hence there was no tracking number provided. I was prepared for a 15-20 days wait, but this is getting too long and I am wondering if I should just cancel this.
UPDATE: I finally received this package over the weekend, exactly 5 weeks after I placed the order. Unfortunately, it was the wrong item and I raised a ticket through the website and they are currently processing it. Let us see how they handle this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks