Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 15:46   #1666
BHPian

Re: Polo OEM armrest ordered from Aliexpress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Ouch! Anyways, if this is the same dealer from whom I got my armrest, rest assured, they will send you the trim free of cost. Don’t worry about that.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
Yup, its the same dealer. He replied back saying that the part is not in stock with him currently and that he will need a couple of days more to procure it. Post that he will ship it using either FedEx or dpex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
a fellow member unknown has mentioned some issues with the supplied bolt not fitting into the foundation.
The supplied bolts are a bit too long, that's all. Just use a washer while installing the base and everything will be fine.
Old 5th August 2014, 11:24   #1667
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

What is the deal with warranty on Panasonic products on Snapdeal? This is the disclaimer I read in the product description of a vacuum cleaner on Snapdeal:

Disclaimer: Sharpdeals believes in selling only world class branded products hence all the products may or may not carry the warranty which is a manufacturer sponsored. Any claim or dispute is subject to jurisdiction of the court where store head office is situated.
Old 5th August 2014, 15:58   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Though I had positive experience with Flipkart, I prefer Amazon for my needs due to competitive pricing and fast delivery.
I have had really excellent recent experience with Amazon. In one case, the seller immediately replaced a defective product.

In another case, I chose return/refund and amazon processed/picked up/ credited my amount in 24 hours. No telephone calls to and fro or approvals process.
Old 5th August 2014, 15:59   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Ordered API General Cure from one of the reputed seller in eBay. Against my urgency he shipped it through FedEx Overnight, Priority last Friday. ETA was 30th July. Till date I haven't received the product and the status of the shipment just shows out for delivery and then back to hub from 30th. Calls to FedEx yesterday resulted in a promise that it will be delivered before 4PM yesterday. There were no comments on why the package is not delivered.
Today gave a call and the same guy says that there is a comment mentioning that the delivery couldn't be attempted due to rain. Isnt this reason absurd for a international company like FedEx?
When raised the same, the CC guy was really helpless. I am going to wait till 8PM today. Any other options I have. Can I raise a dispute with eBay to cancel the booking?
Package didn't arrive on that day and when called FedEx, they gave a blunt reply the delivery will be done on Saturday(last).
Raised a claim in eBay and informed the seller. Saturday got a call from eBay regarding the confirmation of claim. Same day evening, the parcel was delivered. I am unable to cancel the claim, so left it as is.
Believe this should be a one off situation.
Old 5th August 2014, 23:19   #1670
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone ordered Perfumes online specifically from Jabong? I ordered a couple of them today since they were offering a sweet 37% off on them. Now having ordered, a couple of friends claim that the perfumes are not genuine etc creating a doubt in my mind. Although I really don't see any logic in that statement.
Old 5th August 2014, 23:36   #1671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Has anyone ordered Perfumes online specifically from Jabong? I ordered a couple of them today since they were offering a sweet 37% off on them. Now having ordered, a couple of friends claim that the perfumes are not genuine etc creating a doubt in my mind. Although I really don't see any logic in that statement.
I remember reading that while these perfumes are genuine they are very close to expiry.
Please check the dates as soon as you get them.
Old 6th August 2014, 01:25   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

I still fail to see how perfume can expire! Have they managed to build in obsolescence? If it is a good discount... Buy!
Old 6th August 2014, 01:55   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I still fail to see how perfume can expire! Have they managed to build in obsolescence? If it is a good discount... Buy!
Well, internet wisdom does indicate that they do.
Chemicals, light, heat etc. I'm sure some sort of breakdown does occur, if not in the essence, then the additives, surely it's possible.
Old 6th August 2014, 06:15   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I remember reading that while these perfumes are genuine they are very close to expiry.
Please check the dates as soon as you get them.
Is there an expiry date on perfumes? I have never noticed one printed on the box or rather never thought of doing so.
Old 6th August 2014, 06:54   #1675
BHPian

Bought a portable air inflator - Motocop make and 5-in-1 emergency kit from the same company a few days ago from Snapdeal.com. They have shipped using India Post courier (remote Kerala). I am not able to track, the tracking number starts with EQ................ and ends with IN. Guys please help, the website says consignment not found.
Old 6th August 2014, 07:59   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Bought a portable air inflator - Motocop make and 5-in-1 emergency kit from the same company a few days ago from Snapdeal.com. They have shipped using India Post courier (remote Kerala). I am not able to track, the tracking number starts with EQ................ and ends with IN. Guys please help, the website says consignment not found.
That sounds like Speed Post. Check the below links.

http://www.trackmystatus.in/speed-post-tracking/

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Tracking.aspx
Old 6th August 2014, 15:00   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have ordered them many times, but they all smell very different from the ones bought fresh off the shelf while in US/Canada/Europe/ME. I don't know the reason, maybe they are kept in varying temperatures thus destroying their original properties, most of them that I ordered ended up smelling the same.

Calvin K, Bvlgari, HB .. it's all smelling the same.

And secondly you can order them from anywhere, but it all comes from the same place.
from here
http://www.perfume2order.com/

Last edited by lurker : 6th August 2014 at 15:02.
Old 6th August 2014, 23:32   #1678
BANNED

All perfumes will loose there essence as time passes by . To make sure it last long store it in dry , dark place away from light if you can keep yourself looking away from those shiny bottles . I used to stock them until some yeas back but once i came to know about this i make sure to finish the stock before i went to buy a new one.Cant recall website name ,i used to get excellent discount from chennai based website for perfumes .
Old 7th August 2014, 08:10   #1679
Senior - BHPian

A Givenchy that was bought from somewhere in US/Canada lasted me for 7 years, since I used it sparingly without any significant deterioration in its fragrance, but perfumes bought in India just do not last that long. Maybe they just lie around in godowns for a long time before they are bought.

Makes sense then to buy the latest and most fast selling ones.
Old 7th August 2014, 18:26   #1680
BHPian

Re: Polo OEM armrest ordered from Aliexpress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Yup, its the same dealer. He replied back saying that the part is not in stock with him currently and that he will need a couple of days more to procure it. Post that he will ship it using either FedEx or dpex.
Update 2: The dealer has shipped the missing piece through DHL and it should reach me in the next 4-5 days. Kudos to the dealer for rectifying what could have been a really bad experience. I would definitely do more business with him the future if the need arises.

Most Viewed