Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2014, 12:22   #1696
BHPian

Formula 1 Wash And Wax Car Shampoo

Hey guys, I had Formula 1 Wash And Wax Car Shampoo from snapdeal earlier but it seems no seller is ready to ship to Bangalore? Any other reliable place to get it from?

And anyone else noticed this?
Old 18th August 2014, 14:01   #1697
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I ordered stuff through ebay; paid through my dad's canara bank debit card. After payment done, they have asked me to send a photograph of the front side of the credit card after hiding the expiry date details.

I recollect i selected debit card payment only; why do they want me to send the photograph of credit card then?
Old 18th August 2014, 14:26   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I ordered stuff through ebay; paid through my dad's canara bank debit card. After payment done, they have asked me to send a photograph of the front side of the credit card after hiding the expiry date details.

I recollect i selected debit card payment only; why do they want me to send the photograph of credit card then?
Something looks fishy. Don't send without verifying the sender. Ebay or paisapay will never ask for this kind of details.

Could you post the email content?
Old 18th August 2014, 14:38   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Could you post the email content?
Indeed it was directly from ebay only. The seller is princemobilestore, who is a trusted seller but i think the seller is not involved in this.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-ebay.jpg  

Last edited by ramzsys : 18th August 2014 at 14:40.
Old 18th August 2014, 14:54   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed it was directly from ebay only. The seller is princemobilestore, who is a trusted seller but i think the seller is not involved in this.
Probably because the credit card is in your dad's name. They may want to verify that it was used by the card holder's knowledge.

Anyhow, proceed cautiously.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:02   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Email looks to be from ebay. But proceed with care. I would suggest calling their call center to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Probably because the credit card is in your dad's name. They may want to verify that it was used by the card holder's knowledge.

Not sure how sending the photo of credit card will help verification. If somebody wants to misuse card he will create username in ebay with the cardholder name and the proceed to pay.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:33   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post

really!. my card was used on different ebay accounts of my family with different address , they never asked me anything like this
Old 18th August 2014, 15:34   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After payment done, they have asked me to send a photograph of the front side of the credit card after hiding the expiry date details.

Quote:
The email appears to be genuine. They appear to be treating both credit and debit cards the same (in terms of requiring verification) and appear to have hard coded "credit card" in that email sent to you.

Their request to send a scanned copy of the card (minus the expiry date) is fair, as that data in itself can't be easily misused.

Go ahead and do as they say, just make sure that you type in the address paisapaydocs@ebay.com and not click any link that is embedded in that email.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:52   #1704
Senior - BHPian

I too had to send my credit card photo in past for some site. Only the name and the last 4 or first 4 digits should be visible on the card. Mask all the other details like remaining numbers or date of expiry.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:53   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Probably they are using the word "credit card" to mean both types of cards. They are just verifying physical possession of the card.

Btw, if you are using Gmail, go to its settings and enable Gmail Labs. Then in the Labs tab, enable "Authentication icon for verified senders". This will activate this little-known Gmail feature:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3070163
Old 18th August 2014, 19:21   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Hey guys, I had Formula 1 Wash And Wax Car Shampoo from snapdeal earlier but it seems no seller is ready to ship to Bangalore? Any other reliable place to get it from?
You can order it from - http://www.autotrends.in/
Old 18th August 2014, 21:15   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
It has happened to me earlier.

Their fraud detection logic triggers this. Send them what they asked.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:13   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Hi all!

I have uploaded the card photos (with mm/year hidden) and after a while got a mail that "Pending PaisaPay payment approved for eBay order".

The cash got deducted(debit card) earlier though.

Thanks for all your replies.
Old 19th August 2014, 15:06   #1709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Btw, if you are using Gmail, go to its settings and enable Gmail Labs. Then in the Labs tab, enable "Authentication icon for verified senders". This will activate this little-known Gmail feature:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3070163
That's a nifty little tip, wasn't aware of it. Thanks for sharing!
Old 19th August 2014, 20:41   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So is there a genuine site where we can get the actual MRP of a perfume in India. Also the thing you said about middle East route- the perfumes procured through this route are still genuine right?
I believe most of the stuff sold online at steep discounts is counterfeit. Especially so if it is coming through the Middle East. I lived in Dubai for 5 years, and in areas like Karama you can find little shops selling counterfeit perfumes. Hard to tell from the packaging and the smell. I did not do any extensive smell testing of original vs counterfeit, but I am sure I wouldn't be able to make out even if I were to.

I did buy a perfume online on Snapdeal. It was heavily discounted but smelt good and I really don't know if it was original or fake. I had asked the customer care guys at Snapdeal and obviously they told that it was original but did not have much knowledge about the source of the products.

I bought a Nespresso coffee machine and a Bosch lawn mower from Fabmart recently. They have very refined customer service. The guys seem to know their stuff pretty well and could explain the nitty gritty about the product and answered all questions. The orders were delivered before the promised time frame and the over all experience is pretty good. They only deal with high end products though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks