Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2014, 20:38   #1756
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I have noticed that while buying from ebay none of the sellers sent invoice, same with shopclues. I have raised the matter with both the sites, lets see what do they have in their pitara.

Amazon is good in this regard, they have give online invoice download option.
Old 30th August 2014, 22:19   #1757
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes... actually, our maid told my wife about it!

It is a bit flimsy, and there is nothing to stop it falling over backwards if pushed. Cheep and cheerful, until you spill your lunch! Anyway, Mrs G wanted to something to eat her lunch off, when sitting on a stool in the kitchen, and not something that people would use to stand on when reaching high cupboards. Right. She's safe: there's no way I would stand on this
Old 1st September 2014, 10:47   #1758
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 Wash And Wax Car Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Contd... I have confirmed the product sent by autofresh is genuine. It has a hologram"Matrixone",the importer and the importer label with Month Year of Import as May 2014.. Printed text on container is also clear and un-smudged.
I could not post the pics due to size issues.
I have started using
1. Based on your review, I have ordered a couple of items from autofresh.in - Just to be safe, made it a COD.Now they have couriered it using GATI and has already been 5 days! Very slow in this day and age I must say.

2. Compare this to Fabfurnish - I ordered a coffee table on the same day and it was delivered to me in 3 days flat - and that too using Surface Transport. I must say I am amazed with their responsiveness.

3. Used Snapdeal for My Shaldan car perfume - seems all right - very slow delivery again though.

4. Used Firstcry to order some infant dresses - Slow delivery again but decent products.

In recent times, Amazon & FabFurnish seem to to be the only ones who actually ship even the free shipping items fast. You can add Flipkart to the list as well, but between FK & Amazon - I always choose Amazon, hence my purchases on FK have been rather limited.
Old 1st September 2014, 10:53   #1759
Senior - BHPian

How's Myntra when it comes to delivery? Have ordered a pair of shoes on 30th Aug and the delivery is expected on 3rd Sept, so a total of 5 days for the material available at their warehouse. Can they pull up Flipkartish surprise in delivery? The wesbite doesnt provide any real time update on the product shipping, existing update is two days ols.
Old 1st September 2014, 13:01   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
How's Myntra when it comes to delivery?
Myntra is prompt in delivery. I had ordered (COD) Celio and Wrangler apparels on two different dates. First order was delivered at Coimbatore on third day and second one on the next day itself.

Last edited by Arun.K : 1st September 2014 at 13:03.
Old 1st September 2014, 19:48   #1761
BHPian

Very intrigued by the new LED bulbs, I ordered a cheap one from ebay seven days ago. At 12W this seemd to be among the higher power LED bulbs available and I bought it since a lot of feedback on the lower wattage ones (5W/8W) was on how weak the light was. The bulb was delivered today with invoice.

Here's the product -- there's a low quality plastic semi-hemispherical cover which can be snapped on.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_3517.jpg

Comparison of the 12 W LED (bottom) with 14W CFL (top). It is however most certainly less bright than a 18W Phillips CFL lamp.

The Online Shopping Thread-img_3519.jpg The Online Shopping Thread-img_3520.jpg

Last edited by Kumar R : 1st September 2014 at 19:49.
Old 1st September 2014, 22:41   #1762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Very intrigued by the new LED bulbs...
I am too. Does anybody know if the brightness is the same (at least roughly) for the same wattage from different manufacturers?
Old 1st September 2014, 23:48   #1763
BHPian

I have just bought a 14W Philips "Stellar Bright" LED bulb in "Cool White Daylight" for use in the home.

When compared to the 23W CFL (also Philips) that occupied the position before the exchange, the LED is just as bright.

The light from the LED is a little harder and cooler than the CFL, and shadows are a little more defined. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Cost :- Rs. 999/- (compared to around 300/- for the CFL)

I just hope it lasts a good long time (Philips claims a life of up to 15 years).

I also have a 10W, a 7W and a 2.5W on order from Amazon.

Last edited by pillainp : 1st September 2014 at 23:50.
Old 2nd September 2014, 01:42   #1764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just hope it lasts a good long time (Philips claims a life of up to 15 years).
Maybe I'll check out how yours is getting on in 2029 instead of rushing out to buy now

But seriously, CFL turned out to be a bit of a sting with long projected lifetimes which turned out to depend on them not being frequently turned on and off. I am now buying incandescent lamps again for, eg, toilets and bathrooms
Old 2nd September 2014, 02:03   #1765
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I have just bought a 14W Philips "Stellar Bright" LED bulb in "Cool White Daylight" for use in the home.
What was the reason for moving from CFL to LED?
Old 2nd September 2014, 02:18   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am too. Does anybody know if the brightness is the same (at least roughly) for the same wattage from different manufacturers?
Watt for Watt LED bulbs are, I am given to understand, more efficient than CFLs and thus brighter. The online research I did prior to this purchase suggested that ideally:

8W LED = a 14W CFL = 60W Incandescent
12W LED = 24W CFL = 80W Incandescent

The costs of good branded LED bulbs are very high. Chinese and Indian make ones are much cheaper but still expensive. The one I bought was Rs 180 for a locally made unit + Rs 45 shipping. One downside of the cheaper LEDs is that the light output is less (than a branded one of same wattage). My 12W LED is supposed to equal a 24W CFL but I find it is less than a 18W CFL (slightly better than a 14W CFL). This is important to keep in mind if you buy the cheaper ones based on a comparison of wattage published by a reputed brand.

The light from the LED is whiter and shadows are sharper. One problem I notice is that due to the flat mounting of the LED printed circuit board within the bulb (see my photo) the light intensity is not uniform - at some angles the light is weaker. CFLs and Incandescent bulbs work more as a point source so the light quality remains the same from any direction. That said, when viewed head-on, the LED is certainly more intense and blinding than a CFL and may work great as a reading light or torch.

Last edited by Kumar R : 2nd September 2014 at 02:25.
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:43   #1767
Team-BHP Support

Had a very pleasant experience with www.healthkart.in. This was the first time I had placed an order with the site. Ordered a pepper spray on the Saturday evening and it was delivered yesterday evening. The small spray bottle that measures almost half the size of an average deodorant bottle, was shipped in an XXL box (!) with ample bubble wrap. The invoice indicated Gurgaon as the location of the consignor. Gurgaon to Surat in 2 days and a Sunday in between - not bad!

Healthkart has nothing to do with Flipkart btw. There are so many other karts - lenskart, watchkart, jewelskart, ezeekart, notsureofanyotherkart.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:02   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What was the reason for moving from CFL to LED?
Well, see the thing is, my bathroom CFL "appeared" to fail, so I had to think about replacing it with something of equal brightness. Appeared to meaning that once I had bought the 999 buck LED and returned home, the CFL miraculously started to work again, the issue having been a slightly loose bulb socket and a somewhat adventurous gecko.

Now, while this was going on, my brother-in-law got a gift from some company of two LED bulbs, one 7W and one 2.5W. I tried the 7W and was pretty impressed by how bright it was, so since my BIL needed both bulbs, I went online to Amazon and ordered the 7W, 10W and 2.5W Philips.

Next day, when I went to the local Nilgiris, I found to my surprise that the LED bulbs were available there as well, and I bought the 14W from there.

Concerns regarding CFL are primarily fragility and toxicity, plus LED's should save a bit more power in this age where the only thing going down is the value of the Rupee, and you have to take out a bank loan to pay the electricity bills (KSEB, I'm looking at you!!!).

Now our famous Kerala hartals are preventing me from getting my hands on my LED's from Amazon.

@kumar_r:
The Philips LED bulbs seem to be pretty well put together. There is no rattling or squeaking, and the dome diffuser seems to fit pretty securely. In fact I don't even know whether it can be removed at all.

@gannu_1:
Yup, CFL's did turn out to be a bit of lottery. I've had some from varoius manufacturers last for years in difficult conditions, while some from those same manufacturers have failed promptly. Thing is, with the caveat emptor situation in India, it is hardly worth the hassle to pursue warranty claims with the dealers. There should be a product return policy in place like in other countries.

Last edited by pillainp : 2nd September 2014 at 12:09.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:20   #1769
Distinguished - BHPian

Kumar R, pillainp, thanks for further info on LED lights, especially the equivalences and the information not to expect the same brightness from cheapo brands.
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:34   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Healthkart has nothing to do with Flipkart btw. There are so many other karts - lenskart, watchkart, jewelskart, ezeekart, notsureofanyotherkart.
Healthkart, Ezeekart and of course Flipkart are separate companies with no perceivable relation to each other. Lenskart, Watchkart and Jewelskart are properties of the same company (which has no relation to the first three).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks