Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:17   #1771
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Ordered a pepper spray on the Saturday evening and it was delivered yesterday evening. The small spray bottle that measures almost half the size of an average deodorant bottle, was shipped in an XXL box (!) with ample bubble wrap.
I too ordered a set of 2 bottles of pepper spray from healthkart in 2013 after the Dec 2012 incident. They had a set of 2 bottles only - gave one to my wife and didn't know what to do with the other. I kept it in my glove box thinking it might be useful for self defense if I am stuck with some case of road rash.

This is OT, but after about 4-5 months after placing it in my glove box, I was emptying the glove box before giving the car for servicing. I felt some sticky liquid in the glove box. Since the car was in the basement there was not enough light for me to see it clearly. Next I did the unthinkable. I smelt the liquid to understand what this is. What followed was pure torture. My fingers were burning slightly. My nose first started running and then started burning. After about 2 mins I realized that this is that pepper spray.

I had to wash my hands and blow my nose innumerable times to get rid of the burning sensation. It took couple of hours to get back to normal.

Lesson learnt: Pepper spray is effective
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:20   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
2. Compare this to Fabfurnish - I ordered a coffee table on the same day and it was delivered to me in 3 days flat - and that too using Surface Transport. I must say I am amazed with their responsiveness.
Fabfurnish ship fast, and package their items well. Its come to the point when I see a Fabfurnish item on Amazon.in, I choose it directly from Fabfurnish rather than use Amazon fulfillment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
How's Myntra when it comes to delivery?
I've always been satisfied with Myntra's shipping. The best experience was when I ordered a cap on a Sunday morning and received it Sunday evening. Naturally, not everything ships as insanely quick as this, but in all they're really good on shipping, and are my preferred option for clothing.
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:44   #1773
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Lesson learnt: Pepper spray is effective
After having read the reviews on Snapdeal and Amazon about this spray, I was scared to open it out of the cylindrical cardboard container! There is a lock on the plastic tab of the spray bottle but it is useless since it may move back to the spray position when the bottle keeps tossing around inside a bag.

I bought the spray for my fiancee who is presently commuting a good 110 km distance by train (220 km to-and-fro) and 7-8 km by a rickshaw (mostly the shared ones). I am not keeping one in the car, no way!
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:17   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the spray for my fiancee who is presently commuting a good 110 km distance by train (220 km to-and-fro) and 7-8 km by a rickshaw (mostly the shared ones).
I thought this could be Dahanu-Churchgate, but of course there are no autos at Churchgate. So what commute route is this?
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:21   #1775
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I thought this could be Dahanu-Churchgate, but of course there are no autos at Churchgate. So what commute route is this?
Surat to Valsad.

Sorry for going OT!
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:49   #1776

Hello,

Ordered Xiaomi Redmi 1s from Flipkart. Failed few times earlier to order Mi3. But this time succeeded using the buyhatke extension on Chrome browser.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Clapping.gif

This automatically adds the Xiaomi phone to your cart when the sales starts and you can pay and check out later at leisure.

The delivery is by Sep. 15th. Will update then.

The link is: http://compare.buyhatke.com/promo_pages/xiaomi/.

Hope not posted earlier and others can make use of this.

Arun.
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:46   #1777
MCR
BHPian

Bought Redmi 1s. Logged in with about 3 minutes to go for the sale. Depended on my eye's reaction time and it worked. The phone got added to my cart in 15 minutes. Completed the payment process just now.
Estimated delivery date 16.09.14. Now waiting to experience MiUi!
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:37   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Myntra is prompt in delivery. I had ordered (COD) Celio and Wrangler apparels on two different dates. First order was delivered at Coimbatore on third day and second one on the next day itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've always been satisfied with Myntra's shipping. The best experience was when I ordered a cap on a Sunday morning and received it Sunday evening.
Thanks guys for the response.

I however recd the ordered product few hrs before the actual deadline so didn't find the delivery anything spectacular. The packing was all squashed up, when asked the delivery guy he said it was due to stacking of all the deliveries. Also the one of the shoe's sole had come off. It was fixed but still bad packing. The shoe box wasn't the original brand packing and there was a letter from Myntra which said that I would be surprised to note that fact and I didn't need to worry about the originality and authenticity of the product
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:12   #1779
BHPian

Guys, I have a question. I am travelling to US this Friday for 2 weeks. I am planning to buy online from Amazon. Will they deliver it to my hotel address? Will there be any issue? Has anyone tried doing that?
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:38   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Guys, I have a question. I am travelling to US this Friday for 2 weeks. I am planning to buy online from Amazon. Will they deliver it to my hotel address? Will there be any issue? Has anyone tried doing that?
I have done this in the UK; there never was a problem. Just make sure you are staying at the hotel when they deliver (ie, don't order a day prior to checkout :-). It is a good idea to tell the hotel beforehand that you're expecting something from Amazon.
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:49   #1781
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yep, no worries delivering it to the hotel's reception desk. But do tell the receptionists in advance after you have ordered that you (room no. xxx) are expecting a consignment so they can collect it on your behalf.

Amazon would try auto-correcting/suggesting addresses based on what you’ve entered. No worries there.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:26   #1782
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have done this in the UK; there never was a problem. Just make sure you are staying at the hotel when they deliver (ie, don't order a day prior to checkout :-). It is a good idea to tell the hotel beforehand that you're expecting something from Amazon.
Quote:
Yep, no worries delivering it to the hotel's reception desk. But do tell the receptionists in advance after you have ordered that you (room no. xxx) are expecting a consignment so they can collect it on your behalf.

Amazon would try auto-correcting/suggesting addresses based on what you’ve entered. No worries there.
Sometimes back, in US, Amazon was having a restriction that if your billing address on your credit card is different than your shipping address, then they will not deliver.
Suggest to check around, call Amazon's 1-800 number before putting the order.

Regards,

JLS
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:36   #1783
BHPian

Thanks guyz for the info. So should I check before with amazon? I do not have room as of now. Can I order without it?
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:41   #1784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Sometimes back, in US, Amazon was having a restriction that if your billing address on your credit card is different than your shipping address, then they will not deliver. Suggest to check around, call Amazon's 1-800 number before putting the order.
No worries there. My billing address is always India based and my shipping address is US based (9 out of 10 times, a hotel based address). I am able to choose what my billing and shipping address is during the checkout. No issues.

For instance:

The Online Shopping Thread-sample.png

Quote:
I do not have room as of now. Can I order without it?
Running out of patience?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd September 2014 at 17:43.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:44   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
No worries there.
True. I have done this innumerable times as well without any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks