Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 15:20   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Question: Review of online electronics stores

Recently got a 32 GB data card from FlipKart. As usual, the packing was very good.
Yes, I will buy more from them.
Old 25th September 2011, 15:33   #167
Senior - BHPian

My friend posted small review of online sites. This is their words

http://www.flipkart.com - most reliable, purchased many items.
http://www.infibeam.com - most reliable, purchased many items.
http://www.smartshoppers.in - ok ok, they charge shipping
http://www.letsbuy.com - new online shop, never shopped, but should be good
http://www.tradeus.com - new online shop, my friend shopped one, seems good
http://www.myntra.com - a nice startup, based in HSR layout
www.yebhi.com - new shop, no idea
http://www.futurebazaar.com - did some shopping, ok ok
http://www.homeshop18.com - never shopped
http://www.retailmart.com - never shopped
http://www.theitdepot.com - good for computer hardware
http://www.fommy.co.in - rare mobile accessories, but they charge shipping
http://www.ebay.in- older than all above

I have purchased goods from all the bold sites. So, far my experience is good and never faced any problem.

Just checked www.ndtvshopping.com In this site you can buy long obsolete model Hyundai Elantra new.

http://www.ndtvshopping.com/SDP.acti...GLSLEATHER2007

Last edited by anujmishra : 25th September 2011 at 15:45.
Old 8th November 2011, 06:54   #168
BHPian

Any mate is having experience with
iBerry

Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 12:20   #169
BHPian

Naaptol! Anyone know this brand?

I got the below SMS yesterday evening.

Quote:
Congrats! You have won Air Compressor + Car Jack +
Care Tyre Repair Kit + Multipurpose Toolkit of Rs 15000 only in Rs 1999. Call Naaptol 09223483000.
Car Jack is already there but I am definitely looking for Air Compressor and Tyre Repair Kit. Is Naaptol a known and trusted brand? Is the price quoted reasonable?
Old 30th December 2011, 23:12   #170
Senior - BHPian

BlackBerry Playbook offer - Saholic.com not honoring their deal

I purchased a BlackBerry Playbook 32GB today morning from Mobile Phone Reviews and Best Deals in India | Saholic.com. They had an offer pack for the tablet which has a free BlackBerry Curve 8520 included. The price mentioned was Rs 15,500 (see the attached screenshot).

I jumped at the deal and bought it on my credit card. My payment went through sucessfully and the order was confirmed as displayed in the deal (see attached screenshot). It may be pertinent to mention here that Shop Online - Buy Mobile Phones, Laptops, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players, TVs and Hard Disks in India + Free Shipping! | BuyThePrice.com was offering the same tablet at Rs 15,500 albeit without the free Curve 8520. Also, I am getting the Playbook at offline stores for RS 15,000.

However, the order confirmation mail received from Saholic did not mention the free Curve 8520. I grew suspicious and immediately sent an email to Saholic customer care (help@saholic.com) along with the screenshots.

Within an hour I got a call from Saholic customer care from a guy called Suraj. He said there was a technical error in their website today and the above mentioned offer did not exist anymore. Apparently, this offer was running a few days back but at a price of Rs 31,990. At the same time BlackBerry recently slashed prices of the Playbook but Saholic did not update their deal accordingly. So it was a serious error on Saholic's part. Suraj apologized and wanted to compensate me for their mistake. He said he will discuss with his seniors and get back.

At around 3 pm, I got a call from someone called Chaitanya from Saholic. He too admitted to the technical error and said they wont be able to ship the Curve 8520. So they will just be sending the Playbook. He wanted to compensate for this mistake by offering me a *measly* Rs 500 coupon on a future purchase.

Of course I refused this bait. The only reason I purchased the Playbook from Saholic was because of the above offer! Moreover, Chaitanya had the audacity to tell me that if I do not accept his deal, they will simply cancel my order.

Of course I got furious because this tablet was bought as a gift for someone and now this has put me in an embarassing situation. Still, I told him that I'm ready to accept the cancellation IF AND ONLY IF the amount is credited back to my card within today. In this case, atleast I can buy from some other website or a physical store at 15-15.5k (The Playbook offer is valid only till Dec 31st).

Also, as an alternative, I told him to give me a cashback for Rs 500 instead of store-credit-on-future-purchase. He told me that will not be possible. Chaitanya promised to call me back by evening with a firm resolution to the problem, but that still has not happened.

Can someone help me out here? I really want the Playbook at that price as it is a gift. Is there any senior official of Saholic to whom I can talk/write to? What is my respite here?
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-playbook_saholic_offer-pack.jpg  

The Online Shopping Thread-saholic-order_dec-30.jpg  

Old 30th December 2011, 23:51   #171
BANNED

Re: BlackBerry Playbook offer - Saholic.com not honoring their deal

If you are not happy ask your bank it is a fraud and the payment should not be made .
Old 31st December 2011, 00:46   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey don't take my post in the wrong way but still:
1. You must be seriously joking to believe that they will give you a free BB curve with the Playbook. its very evident that its a technical error on there part and I am sure you had atleast a feeling that this is indeed the case. A playbook at 15k with a free curve is as good as saying that BB gave it free of cost to you.
2. Knowing this you made the purchase. They called you back promptly and I would say the customer service has been good till now in terms of being in touch with you.
3. The offer of Rs 500 does sound a good one and I am not sure if the customer care guy has any authority to make it a cash discount. The company must be having a policy against such things. Anyways I agree that they could have been a little considerate here and given you a 500 Rs discount since it was there mistake.
4. No business enterprise will be able to return your payment within a day. Thats being unreasonable. Even when your own bank's atm makes a faulty payment transaction they take around 10 days to credit it back.

All in all I would suggest that since you bought the playbook because at 15k it is indeed a steal, then go ahead with the decision and buy it from the above website only. You can once again push for that cash discount or otherwise use the free coupon later.
I don't see any point in getting worked up, spoiling your own mood over this and buying the playbook from some other store. So go ahead with your purchase.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 00:59   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey don't take my post in the wrong way but still:
1. You must be seriously joking to believe that they will give you a free BB curve with the Playbook. its very evident that its a technical error on there part and I am sure you had atleast a feeling that this is indeed the case. A playbook at 15k with a free curve is as good as saying that BB gave it free of cost to you.
2. Knowing this you made the purchase. They called you back promptly and I would say the customer service has been good till now in terms of being in touch with you.
3. The offer of Rs 500 does sound a good one and I am not sure if the customer care guy has any authority to make it a cash discount. The company must be having a policy against such things. Anyways I agree that they could have been a little considerate here and given you a 500 Rs discount since it was there mistake.
4. No business enterprise will be able to return your payment within a day. Thats being unreasonable. Even when your own bank's atm makes a faulty payment transaction they take around 10 days to credit it back.

All in all I would suggest that since you bought the playbook because at 15k it is indeed a steal, then go ahead with the decision and buy it from the above website only. You can once again push for that cash discount or otherwise use the free coupon later.
I don't see any point in getting worked up, spoiling your own mood over this and buying the playbook from some other store. So go ahead with your purchase.
@drmohitg - To be frank, for a second, I thought these guys have left over stocks from the old deal and got to get rid of the same (they cannot sell the 8520 indvidually).

Yes, I also did suspect this was a glitch but still went ahead with the purchase simply because that was the best possible price. More than an issue to be worked up about, I want it to be resolved peacefully.

Call from the CC was a prompt move, no doubt. But the way CC Manager spoke was not correct. BTW Im still waiting for him to revert on the cashback / status update on my order. There has been a glitch and the manager could atleast admit to resolving it amicably rather than (literally) warning me that he will cancel the order and I'll be left with no choice whatsoever.

Moreover, discount coupons/store credit are a thing of the past now. These days, there are sites and forums by the dozen and no one really waits to receive coupons by email. I was trying to explain this point to the Manager.

I want the Playbook at that price (more so since it is a gift) and I'm not looking to make any noise/profit out of it. But such mistakes by reputed portal should be avoided, and that's the point I was trying to drive home.

My asking for refund within 24 hours is simply because I HAVE to buy it before Dec 31 to get it at that price. I dont want my funds to be blocked up by someone else's fault. And honestly, I do not have 15k lying around just to make multiple random purchases. I need clarity!
Old 31st December 2011, 01:05   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
My asking for refund within 24 hours is simply because I HAVE to buy it before Dec 31 to get it at that price. I dont want my funds to be blocked up by someone else's fault. And honestly, I do not have 15k lying around just to make multiple random purchases. I need clarity!
I agree with you on that. But since now you have committed yourself to this deal and very well know that they would not credit your payment back in 24 hours. Infact is it even possible with our current banking system and regulations?

So go ahead with the deal and in Future may be avoid them for any further purchases that you make. Also you can write a strong worded mail conveying your displeasure.

Offtopic: Is the playbook going to be sold anymore from Jan 1? My local friendly neighborhood Cell phone store owner ( he is a family friend) told me today not to buy it as its being discontinued. I was myself interested in the 32 GB version.
Old 31st December 2011, 01:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I agree with you on that. But since now you have committed yourself to this deal and very well know that they would not credit your payment back in 24 hours. Infact is it even possible with our current banking system and regulations?

So go ahead with the deal and in Future may be avoid them for any further purchases that you make. Also you can write a strong worded mail conveying your displeasure.

Offtopic: Is the playbook going to be sold anymore from Jan 1? My local friendly neighborhood Cell phone store owner ( he is a family friend) told me today not to buy it as its being discontinued. I was myself interested in the 32 GB version.
Yes, waiting for the revert till noon tomorrow. Lets see what they do to sweeten the deal.

I checked with Vijay Sales today and the sale person mentioned that there is a huge inventory pile up of Playbook and hence the price reduction.

I missed out the HP TouchPad WebOS tablet when prices were slashed to $99/149 and I regretted it. Hence I did not want to miss out on the Playbook deal now. I dont care if it is going to be discontinued. At 15k price, it is indeed a fabulous product to have. With OS 2 around the corner, expect a lot of improvements, including the ability to run Android apps.

If you are interested, try at Saholic (yeah, I know it sounds oxy-moronic coming from me, but they have now rectified the technical glitch) or Shop Online - Buy Mobile Phones, Laptops, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players, TVs and Hard Disks in India + Free Shipping! | BuyThePrice.com. Both have it at 15.5k whereas Flipkart has it at 16.8k. Letsbuy is sold out.
Old 31st December 2011, 02:47   #176
BHPian

Most reputed e-retailers dont charge the card right away. they just get an authorization from the CC issuer. They only charge (claim that amount) when they actually ship the item. If that's the case then they wont be able to refund you as they have not received any money from you yet. Even if they void the authorization manually the CC issuer will take at-least a week before it reflect in your statement.
Old 31st December 2011, 11:03   #177
Senior - BHPian

Well, things have taken a turn for good here. I just got a call from Saholic (Chaitanya) and he offered me a Panasonic headset (IEM I presume) as a freebie to sweeten the deal. I know in terms of value, this probably wont be too high but then it's anyday better than coupon for me. I guess my post on their Facebook wall was taken notice of.

So all's well that ends well! I'm now looking forward to receiving my Playbook (my first tablet!).

MODS - Please close the thread as the issue is resolved.
Old 31st December 2011, 15:40   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really want the Playbook at that price as it is a gift.
Quote:
I'm now looking forward to receiving my Playbook (my first tablet!).

A gift to yourself ??

Congratulations on the great deal you got.

Last edited by Eddy : 31st December 2011 at 15:55. Reason: extra smiley
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 15:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
A gift to yourself ??

Congratulations on the great deal you got.
A gift for someone in the family. Which essentially means I'll have unrestricted access to it

OT - 3 smileys? You might get an infraction dude!
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:00   #180
BHPian

P S Bazaar.com - Any one used their services ?

PSBazaar - Your one stop online shop for Portable Electronics Accessories @ Lowest Price

I happened to find this online seller during my search for a mobile phone battery. The site itself looks pretty ok, although I've never heard about them before. Also there isn't much literatire about them on the internet, hence the question.

Have any one of you used their services ? If yes, how did it go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks