Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:10   #1786
JLS
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No worries there. My billing address is always India based and my shipping address is US based (9 out of 10 times, a hotel based address). I am able to choose what my billing and shipping address is during the checkout. No issues.
Good to know this.
Just a query though, does Amazon site convert your USD amount in rupee if you have Indian billing address?

Regards,
JLS
Old 3rd September 2014, 22:56   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Good to know this.
Just a query though, does Amazon site convert your USD amount in rupee if you have Indian billing address?

Regards,
JLS
Yes, it does.

Found this interesting page on Myntra.

The search was for inner-wear for Men. Maybe it is better suited to the bloopers section!
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-myntra.jpg  

Old 4th September 2014, 00:54   #1788
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in a fix right now with an Ebay transaction.

I ordered a Logitech Extreme Pro joystick from a very reputed seller on eBay. The transaction was on 1/9/14 and till today there was no news of shipping. Usually all my previous orders with other sellers used to be shipped within a day or two but it didn't happen now. When I contacted the seller, he replied stating that the product was not in stock with them. On the listing, the quantity is mentioned as 22, which is a lie.

Hence, I got really angry at them for providing false information. Now until seven days of transaction, I cant raise a claim, neither can I leave a negative feedback. How do I teach a lesson to the seller?
Old 4th September 2014, 10:51   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
When I contacted the seller, he replied stating that the product was not in stock with them. On the listing, the quantity is mentioned as 22, which is a lie.

Hence, I got really angry at them for providing false information. Now until seven days of transaction, I cant raise a claim, neither can I leave a negative feedback. How do I teach a lesson to the seller?
You really can't. Lots of ebay sellers use the same tactic. What they do, is hoping that they will get a huge demand, list products which aren't with them and then very few order, it is not cost effective for them to ship and sell.

I have had this with fairly low value items as well. Your money will come back, that is certain.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:09   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

.Hence, I got really angry at them for providing false information. Now until seven days of transaction, I cant raise a claim, neither can I leave a negative feedback. How do I teach a lesson to the seller?
You can email them with your problem at incswebhelp@ebay.com. They will surely reply back. I have very good experience with ebay, amazon, flipkart and shopclues customer care so far. They have been very responsive.

Last edited by mercedised : 4th September 2014 at 11:11.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:24   #1791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
You can email them with your problem at incswebhelp@ebay.com. They will surely reply back. I have very good experience with ebay, amazon, flipkart and shopclues customer care so far. They have been very responsive.
I blasted Ebay customer care yesterday but they are helpless since the refund rules are set like that. I have to wait for seven days from the date of transaction to file a refund case. Moreover, this became useless since I paid money with no use. At least if this was the case of a faulty product or delivery issues, I would have accepted. Since the seller is a top rated seller, I can't leave negative feedback until seven days. Ironically, this seller got four negative ratings this month itself. Too bad I didn't see that and just saw his overall ratings which was 99.9 something. Also over the last few years, this is the only transaction that was problematic.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:47   #1792
Senior - BHPian

This is all over the 'net now:

http://www.tickld.com/x/amazon-suppo...s-is-priceless
Old 4th September 2014, 13:49   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I blasted Ebay customer care yesterday but they are helpless since the refund rules are set like that. I have to wait for seven days from the date of transaction to file a refund case. Moreover, this became useless since I paid money with no use. At least if this was the case of a faulty product or delivery issues, I would have accepted. Since the seller is a top rated seller, I can't leave negative feedback until seven days. Ironically, this seller got four negative ratings this month itself. Too bad I didn't see that and just saw his overall ratings which was 99.9 something. Also over the last few years, this is the only transaction that was problematic.
I bought a low value car accessory from the seller carcarezone on 21/8/14. It wasn't shipped and after a week's time and after contacting ebay customer care the money was refunded. Since he was a toprated seller i couldn't leave a negative feedback soon after, so yesterday i remembered about this transaction and left him a negative feedback. But today i found out that my negative feedback was removed by ebay unknowing to me.

I don't think ebay can be trusted anymore when they go to the extent of removing a negative feedback so that future buyers are unaware of the problems.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:36   #1794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I don't think ebay can be trusted anymore when they go to the extent of removing a negative feedback so that future buyers are unaware of the problems.
Thinking on the same lines. Today is the ship before date. Now suppose the item isn't shipped, I can claim refund. However the whole transaction will be ended and I cant leave a negative feedback about the seller. Getting money back is an obvious thing, but technically this is cheating. I could have brought the same product from elsewhere and have enjoyed it by now. The seller escapes any action. Even eBay didn't have an answer for this thing. They were only talking about refund which will again take a week. Damn

From now, I shall buy from a smaller seller who can be more genuine and straightforward rather than buying from such sellers with 1000+ sales who just seem to be as good as a shop on SP Road or some market.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:31   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
From now, I shall buy from a smaller seller who can be more genuine and straightforward rather than buying from such sellers with 1000+ sales who just seem to be as good as a shop on SP Road or some market.
SP Road shops, almost always sell genuine products. I have never been disappointed. Only if parking a car was easy there, I would shop a lot more from them.
I have started avoiding ebay now, though I was once an admirer, just no trust whatsoever.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:58   #1796
BHPian

Quote:

?
I ordered something and the seller shipped me the wrong item. i immediately raised a claim and it took them 9 days to arrange for a reverse pickup (i stay in mumbai not in timbuktu). I had to make atleast 3 calls every day to finally make this happen. To top it, forget mine, the seller doesn't even bother to answer Ebay agent's call or reply to her emails. Finally yesterday they sent me a mail confirming i will be refunded (money yet to be received). A really harrowing experience.

I have bought a lot of stuff on Ebay but it this was a nightmare and i feel they have gone down in customer service

On the contrary Amazon CC has been super fast whenever there has been a problem.
Old 5th September 2014, 10:01   #1797
BANNED

I recently ordered Philips Avent Baby Milk Natural Glass Bottle 8Ounce from Amazon.in . It was for INR1140 Approx . I after few minutes while browsing i found same bottle for INR 600 on ebay.in . I ordered that also . Now i received the ebay package and found it to be genuine in roughly 3 days from date of ordering with regular update from seller . So i decided to cancel order on Amazon as the seller had not still dispatched the package .In-spite of me sending a email to seller on amazon to cancel order , the seller now says order dispatched roughly 24hours after i sent him the email . And the Amazon seller has yet to respond to the cancellation request nearing 2.5days now. I find it a bad experience on Amazon first time.
Old 5th September 2014, 10:02   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Sometimes back Regards, JLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Running out of patience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
True. I have done this innumerable times as well without any issues.
Guys, couple of thoughts:

1. If you are buying from Amazon, try and pay in USD and do not use the currency converter. Check out Gannu_1's SS from the previous page; the exchange rate is 64.xx, which is usually much higher than actual exchange rates. . If you pay in USD and let your bank charge you in USD, they give you prevailing rates and possibly charge you about 1% or thereabouts for the service. Turns out cheaper.

2. As long as you are checked in, to the hotel when your package is delivered, you can order it whenever you want. So order it with 2-4 days shipping just before you leave and you should have it after you have checked in. I am specifically mentioning this from experience when you do not have a room no. when you are ordering, Amazon will take the order and deliver it. When the delivery guys get to the hotel, the guys at the reception will verify you are indeed a guest and pick it up or call you to come pick it up if you are in the hotel then.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 5th September 2014 at 10:04.
Old 5th September 2014, 10:23   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I have bought a lot of stuff from amazon US over the years and I can attest that their customer service is fantastic. They have promptly refunded price difference a few days after purchase. They have refunded excess custom duty collected. If only they would reinstate the free shipping with 125 USD purchase again.
Old 5th September 2014, 10:33   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
G.
I need feedback on which is a better way to pay at Amazon global.
Indian credit cards which charge a flat 3.5% as Foreign Currency Transaction Fee or the Amazon pay in rupees way where the dollar rate is 64.xx, also it is metioned that credit card companies may or may not add aditional charges for the transcation.

Anyone with any experience please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks