Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 21:42   #1816
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
The item is non returnable that is why i sent them a email to cancel order before they dispatched . However 24hrs after sending the email they decided to dispatch the order and never bothered to reply to my cancellation email .So in my case i can say the seller is not ethical and Amazon service does not help as seller decided not to respond to my email timely.
These sort of orders, you can't cancel them on the Amazon website? I thought all orders are cancellable before it is shipped?

Secondly, is there any language anywhere that they will respond to email cancellations, and within a certain time?
Old 5th September 2014, 21:49   #1817
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
These sort of orders, you can't cancel them on the Amazon website? I thought all orders are cancellable before it is shipped?
I also understood that before any order is shipped i am free to cancel it whatever may be the case . As i find nowhere it is mentioned that seller has to respond to email in certain timeline in such situations so liability comes on buyer especially when it is non returnable item . And funny thing is seller after three days of my cancellation email and two days of dispatch email send me a email today in response to my cancellation email since order is shipped from USA warehouse we cannot cancel the order .

This is my first experience in such situation on online purchase where i am stumped as there is no resolution option .
Old 5th September 2014, 23:55   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
So in my case i can say the seller is not ethical and Amazon service does not help as seller decided not to respond to my email timely.
Talk to them - they will help. Your case is slightly strange - but they will help. In my interaction with Amazon, they have been nothing short of brilliant.

For cancellation - the first thing you do is call Amazon though, I have done this in the past, with a non returnable and non Amazon fulfilled order.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:31   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian

Any dealer who can source headlights from China (Alibaba/Aliexpress listed vendors)?

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a pair of projector headlights for my Hyundai Tucson. I found one via alibaba/aliexpress:

http://020k.en.alibaba.com/product/2...ctor_lens.html

and

http://020k.en.alibaba.com/product/6...ai_Tucson.html

I sent them an email and they responded instantly.

As this is a relatively high value item (USD500+), I want to make sure that it's fully compatible with my car. For this, they have confirmed that it is. They have separate versions for RHD and LHD cars, the ballast does not cause EMI to ECU, the dash mounted motorized HL leveller will work, etc.

Now assuming it's the right and quality product, I am thinking how to ensure that it will reach me safely, what if it's defective/damaged en route? What about customs clearance, etc. In this regard, I am thinking it will be good if some shop/dealer can import this so that everything will be smooth. Is there any dealer in India who deals in these Chinese products or already does business with these www.alibaba.com or www.aliexpress.com registered vendors?

Also, any other inputs/tips/suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 9th September 2014 at 16:34.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:49   #1820
Team-BHP Support

Re: Any dealer who can source headlights from China (Alibaba/Aliexpress listed vendor

When you buy from aliexpress, you get buyer protection. However for Alibaba, its best to pay via paypal, and you get buyer protection.
Once my shipment had some damaged products. (actually 5 pieces were damaged value around 500$)
Using paypal dispute I got back around 70% of the money. We negotiated and that is what the seller agreed to refund as the damage was done by shipper.

Secondly, use FEDEX IE to save shipping costs.
Last but not the least, the customs thing will be taken care by FEDEX, so you just pay duty and their fees.
tsk1979 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 17:39   #1821
BHPian

Re: Any dealer who can source headlights from China (Alibaba/Aliexpress listed vendor

Use EMS (ideally Fed-Ex/DHL, but more expensive) for shipping and PayPal for payment and there's nothing to worry. It'd be easier to buy off ebay if its available with a reputed seller on there.
fre2bpowerless is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 17:55   #1822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Use EMS (ideally Fed-Ex/DHL, but more expensive) for shipping and PayPal for payment and there's nothing to worry. It'd be easier to buy off ebay if its available with a reputed seller on there.
Actually FEDEX IE is cheaper than EMS and they handle customs clearance very well. In high value items, its good to have an insurance broker. FEDEX charges around 2% + some fixed amount for this, but this means they have a dedicated broker.

This broker will take care in of customs. Otherwise, it may happen that you are billed for a duty of 1000$ and all the circus.

For high value, do not look beyond FEDEX. DHL is also good, but as far as New Delhi is concerned, I have seen that FEDEX duty clearance is much better and faster.

Coming to FEDEX, FEDEX has 3 types
1. FEDEX Priority
2. FEDEX regular
3. FEDEX IE

You have to ask your shipper for FEDEX priority. They usually do not give you this option. The reason is that for 1&2, the chinese agents commissions are higher.

So insist you want FEDEX.

The shipping cost will be in the ballpark of around 80 USD max, or maybe 100 if the shipping agent of your seller does not have a high value account with FEDEX
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:34   #1823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
When you buy from aliexpress, you get buyer protection. However for Alibaba, its best to pay via paypal, and you get buyer protection.
Once my shipment had some damaged products. (actually 5 pieces were damaged value around 500$)
Using paypal dispute I got back around 70% of the money. We negotiated and that is what the seller agreed to refund as the damage was done by shipper.

Secondly, use FEDEX IE to save shipping costs.
Last but not the least, the customs thing will be taken care by FEDEX, so you just pay duty and their fees.
Thanks for the input.
This particular vendor "Guangdong Kingwood Electronic Co. Ltd" is not on aliexpress. Only on alibaba, so I will go for paypal protection. One question: if anything goes wrong (I hope not, but still), what's the way to register/follow up a complaint/dispute? Does someone from Paypal visit to confirm the damage or non-functioning of the part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Unfortunately this thing is not available on ebay. There is another product, but the seller has clearly mentioned "won't ship to India".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Coming to FEDEX, FEDEX has 3 types
1. FEDEX Priority
2. FEDEX regular
3. FEDEX IE

You have to ask your shipper for FEDEX priority. They usually do not give you this option. The reason is that for 1&2, the chinese agents commissions are higher.

So insist you want FEDEX.

The shipping cost will be in the ballpark of around 80 USD max, or maybe 100 if the shipping agent of your seller does not have a high value account with FEDEX
OK. Will ask for FedEx IE (BTW, what is IE?)
Without specifically asking anything, they have told me the shipping with be USD90. Any idea how much will be the customs duty? (it's a pair of headlights).
Old 9th September 2014, 18:37   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
IE = International Economy
Hells_Fury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 19:51   #1825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Thanks for the input.
This particular vendor "Guangdong Kingwood Electronic Co. Ltd" is not on aliexpress. Only on alibaba, so I will go for paypal protection. One question: if anything goes wrong (I hope not, but still), what's the way to register/follow up a complaint/dispute? Does someone from Paypal visit to confirm the damage or non-functioning of the part?
There is a "raise dispute" section. Usually its done through pictures and videos

Quote:
Without specifically asking anything, they have told me the shipping with be USD90. Any idea how much will be the customs duty? (it's a pair of headlights).
Customs duty + FEDEX charges for clearance will come to about 32% total. Actual duty is around 27% including CVD etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 14:04   #1826
BHPian

Being a flipkart first customer, I thought i am eligible for next day delivery untill i got into the hurdle of this particular order. Their standard delivery needs to be renamed as "BULLOCKCART" delivey. Hell bullock cart runs faster. Technically they are correct but we are living in 2014.

It took them 4 days to move a item from b,lore to Delhi. it;s lying some 20 kms away from place and has spend 2 days already with expectation that it will be delivered in another 2 days. I am not ordering anything from them with standard delivery going forward. Perhaps I am already done with my last order to flipkart.

The Online Shopping Thread-fk.jpg

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 10th September 2014 at 14:07.
Old 10th September 2014, 17:24   #1827
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Flipkart story. I ordered 10 CD's on 28th August. They delivered one and the other 9 have vanished into ether. The one they delivered was wrong so I called their customer service and they agreed to a return/refund. Am still awaiting the pick-up.

Meanwhile I raised another ticket with their customer service about the missing 9 CDs. Here is the hilarious e-mail exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
This order has been showing as At Pune Delivery Centre since 3rd September. Expected delivery date was 4th Sep. Except one CD nothing has arrived. Please track and let me know ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipkart Customer Care
Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to write to us. I certainly understand your concern and I am feeling sorry that the product is still not delivered due to some courier related issues.

We at Flipkart, are very serious about our customer’s satisfaction and we work hard to get to the bottom of any customer complaints. This missed opportunity to give you an enjoyable experience with us is something that we could never abide by. To ensure that this will never happen again, we are taking special measures.

If I was at your place, I would have felt the same as you are feeling, as you might have some important purpose for placing the aforesaid order. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this.

Kindly do not worry in this regard, I’ve notified this issue to our concerned team and you have my assurance that the product is delivered to you on high priority and make sure that your issue is resolved within the next 4 business days.

Hope this helps.
Errr...no it doesn't. Let's recap: I complain that a product delivery is delayed (beyond promised date) by 4 days and your reply is that you will ensure that it is resolved within another 4 days? Wow!

The whole tone of the email is so cringeworthy. I was half-tempted to reply: Chill out, dudes, it's a bunch of CDs, not a pacemaker!

Anyway, long story short- nearly 24 hours after sending that email, nobody has bothered getting back to me on what "courier issue" they are facing and when my package will arrive. Assuming it does.

Someone needs to tell these guys that in Customer Care, it's not what you SAY that counts, no matter how flowery the language used. It's about DOING. Mistakes happen. Correct them, fast!
Old 10th September 2014, 20:21   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The whole tone of the email is so cringeworthy...
And, to me, it reeks of automated response. There is nothing specific about your order. So, not even personalised cringeworthy.

On the other hand, look at the language. it is dreadful. That might indicate that it was written by an actual human with very little knowledge of English, or it might indicate that this is the level of care which went into programming their systems.

I think I'll copy it to the English language thread! (or the joke thread )

Hope you get your CDs! And, just for the record, my experience of Flipkart delivery, so far, is good!
Old 10th September 2014, 20:58   #1829
Distinguished - BHPian

It's even more frustrating when you receive the same mail when you complain again. It's like starting all over again.
Maybe that's their way of discouraging people, to stop them from raising complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Another Flipkart story. I ordered 10 CD's on 28th August.
Off note, when I read the above, CDs, i thought maybe the complaint was that the order was placed on 28th August, some years ago!
Old 10th September 2014, 23:55   #1830
Distinguished - BHPian

noopster, perhaps you should write back that if he were at your place, you'd beat his head against the wall

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks