Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 17:08   #1831
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I have a good FlipKart story.

Ordered a cheap flip cover for my Moto G. It was being sold by a different vendor and not ws_retail.

It arrived after 3 or 4 days. I fixed it.
Less than 3 hours as I got up, it dropped from my pocket and broke.

I took pictures and emailed flipkart complaining about the horrible quality.
Two days later the vendor called up, apologized and immediately offered a refund.

I agreed and am quite impressed by their response.

I then booked an expensive cover for the phone and it arrived after 4 days. Its quite bulky but I like the nifty stand on its rear.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:18   #1832
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Just to clarify, I am an seasoned user of Flipkart. Most of the time they don't screw up. But when they do, it's big.

One time I ordered a camera online worth 24K. They took the order and status said "Processing". I was busy with work and didn't follow up. After a few weeks when it still hadn't arrived I started panicking. Contacted Customer Care and they had no idea why the order wasn't fulfilled. Now that is scary. They said they would contact me but never did. After about 6 weeks from placing the order they sent an email saying, Product is out of stock so the order is cancelled and the money would be refunded. Took another month for the money to hit my credit card. No apology, nothing.

This time is no different: 2 days after I complained all they have done is drop a form e-mail saying they have escalated to the courier company and will update the status. Terrible!
Old 11th September 2014, 18:16   #1833
BHPian

With my recent online research for PC component prices, I noticed something interesting about Amazon (it may or may not hold true for Flipkart as well).

One morning, armed with a handy list of half a dozen items, I had 'parked' them in my shopping cart so that I could read the product specs, reviews at leisure. By late night when I logged in to view the items I found the prices of all bar one had changed Some had increased, some had reduced (typically in the range of Rs 75-250 for a Rs 5,000 product). Puzzled by this I kept checking my cart intermittently every 12 hours and found this variation seemed to continue. What is odd is that the list of sellers remains pretty much unchanged. I guess this means that sellers do micromanagement of pricing on a continuous basis (It is not unexpected for sellers to change prices but I did not anticipate such frequent changes) - so if you like a price it is probably best to buy the product then and there instead of waiting.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:56   #1834
Senior - BHPian

autofresh.in : Buying experience ?

I would like to know of anyone's purchasing experience from autofresh.in who are India's largest online car care store.

How is their service , return policy and delivery time. Do they cater to any and all location's in India ?
Old 11th September 2014, 19:00   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Re: autofresh.in : Buying experience ?

I have bought from them. Apart from a late delivery rest of the experience has been good. They are the FLIPKART of Auto products, this is what I can say.
mercedised is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 19:12   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Bought from them last month; 3 MF washmitt, one of them became pathetic during the first usage (will post picture). Not that I'm using this for first time, I haven one using for last 2-3 years, near to abuse, but still better than the broken one.

In a nutshell, stay away from any AutoFresh products, but other brands whatever they resell are genuine, as they're another unit of Carzspa, who're nearly a decade old in India for car detailing.

Refunds & returns - sorry no experience
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 19:51   #1837
Team-BHP Support

Have ordered from them a few times. Delivery has been fine, except I've had products delivered leaking twice (sprays in the which the neck of the bottle has broken), and once an exterior detailer was listed as an interior cleaner. When that happened they wanted me to send the product to some other place and then they would refund.

Basically order products that you know, and the experience will be fine. Also avoid spray bottles with a thin neck. Oh and also their own branded Microfibers aren't good quality. Other than that they have a good selection.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 20:45   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for all your valuable feedback. Guess I will give them a try but it's very discomforting to know that some things might break. Why don't they just package them properly ?

Anyways, I'm planning to order a mothers car shampoo since they seem out of Meguiars, Hope it doesn't come broken.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:52   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Another option is www.autotrends.in

I'm not associated with them anyway, but, they're just picking up business. Being new entrant into online business, not into detailing, they used FedEx to ship their products. Pls use this website to compare with autofresh before you order.

For instance, Meguiar's scratchX was damn cheaper in Trends than Fresh
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 22:01   #1840
BHPian

I have used autotrends.in couple of times. Bought wipers, car perfume, blind spot mirrors for my Ford Fiesta. No issues at all, except they charge your for shipping.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:25   #1841
Senior - BHPian

I have bought microfiber applicator pads from them for applying sealant. The delivery was quick.The quality of the pads is good.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:39   #1842
BHPian

I have used autofresh.in couple of times with no problems. Got Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow Liquid wax and Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber Protectant from them few months ago. Nothing to complain about, packaging and delivery times are on par with other popular online stores like Flipkart or Snapdeal.
Old 11th September 2014, 23:30   #1843
Distinguished - BHPian

I had purchased microfibre cloth and tyre cleaner from them. No issues with packaging and delivery.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:05   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Shoots!! Made a mistake!! These are from AutoTRENDS, not Autofresh. Sorry about the confusion
The Online Shopping Thread-20140912103753.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140912103938.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-20140912104009.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 12th September 2014 at 11:31.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 11:05   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
With my recent online research for PC component prices, I noticed something interesting about Amazon (it may or may not hold true for Flipkart as well).

One morning, armed with a handy list of half a dozen items, I had 'parked' them in my shopping cart so that I could read the product specs, reviews at leisure. By late night when I logged in to view the items I found the prices of all bar one had changed Some had increased, some had reduced (typically in the range of Rs 75-250 for a Rs 5,000 product). Puzzled by this I kept checking my cart intermittently every 12 hours and found this variation seemed to continue. What is odd is that the list of sellers remains pretty much unchanged. I guess this means that sellers do micromanagement of pricing on a continuous basis (It is not unexpected for sellers to change prices but I did not anticipate such frequent changes) - so if you like a price it is probably best to buy the product then and there instead of waiting.
You are so right! This happened to me too on Amazon.com - i had chosen a hi-viz vest - parked it in my shopping cart and was checking out other vests/products. the original price was $24.99, on coming after a few hours, it had changed to $27.99

Micromanagement it is!

Most Viewed