Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:31   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I was browsing for some external HDD's and was surprised to see a huge price difference between the Amazon and Flipkart prices. For a 1 TB HDD, the difference is almost rs 600-800. And this seems to be the case for the same models for different brands eg WD, Toshiba etc.

What could be the reason?

Hi, Check if the models offered by different sites are same. Prices differ based on drive size (smaller cost more), drive speed etc.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:12   #1862
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
FlipKart simply copies most things Amazon does and brings it to their customers.

They say imitation is the best form of flattery.

I think that as a "Desi" Amazon they are doing a wonderful job and I like them also a lot.
This is expected from flipkart since it was started by employees who worked at Amazon few years back
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:38   #1863
BHPian

shopped for a pair of footwear for my wife yesterday evening 7.40pm and opted for 1 day delivery at FK, surprised to receive the parcel before 12pm in hyderabad . impressed with their service
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:51   #1864
BHPian

I am really having a bad experience dealing with rediff shopping

Had placed order for a product on Sep 1 (prepaid via net banking)

After couple of days got an email from their end stating order dispatch is delayed due to their vendor stating product not in stock( which makes me think why list the out of stock product on their site in the first place)

Forward to the above got an email on Sep 8 stating order is dispatched

Checked online on their order status page which stated 'awaiting dispatch'

Called up customer support (post not gettng a revert on my repetitive email queries)

One clown picked up the phone,he was more interested to practice his 'hinglish' rather than telling me where my product is

Have been assured a call back and am still waiting..

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 22nd September 2014 at 15:52.
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:12   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Bought 5 products from healthkart in span of 2 weeks. Initially I was apprehensive of the genuineness of their products. But, top class service and all products have been genuine till now. Big thumbs up.
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:11   #1866
BHPian

Some feedback to share about Amazon.in:

I had ordered some books on amazon, and they were delivered as promised. However, one of the books was left on the shelf for too long, so the top side was all brown. I immediately processed a return. It was picked up the very next day, and amount was duly credited. This was an 'amazon-fulfilled' order.

Another book (from the same order) arrived 3 days later, and it was a wrong book! Now this was from a different seller (India books), and amazon.in representative helped me file a claim with the seller. When the seller did not respond for a week, I pinged amazon.in again. They told me that amazon.in would ping the seller again, and if there was no response in 48 hours, amazon.in would process the refund.

As promised, they processed the refund over the weekend, but no one has picked up the wrong book from my place... Even though it took me couple of followups, this incident indicates that amazon.in are pretty serious about their India business.

Last edited by sschivate : 22nd September 2014 at 20:12. Reason: Corrected grammar
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:21   #1867
BHPian

Re: autofresh.in : Buying experience ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I would like to know of anyone's purchasing experience from autofresh.in who are India's largest online car care store.

How is their service , return policy and delivery time. Do they cater to any and all location's in India ?
I have a very positive experience with autofresh.in.I had odered Rainex,Megs Deodoriser and Scratch out and the package arrived within the promised date.
Items were undamaged and in order.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:36   #1868
BHPian

Saw in today's newspaper that Amazon stops delivering orders above INR 5000 in Uttar Pradesh including NCR areas like Noida and Ghaziabad. Flipkart is following this approach for sometime now. This is due to malpractices observed in state where items are being ordered from fake addresses. Here genuine folks are effected for no fault of theirs.

Cheers!
Old 24th September 2014, 13:46   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Saw in today's newspaper that Amazon stops delivering orders above INR 5000 in Uttar Pradesh including NCR areas like Noida and Ghaziabad. Flipkart is following this approach for sometime now. This is due to malpractices observed in state where items are being ordered from fake addresses. Here genuine folks are effected for no fault of theirs.

Cheers!
What I had heard from Flipkart was that they had stopped COD for orders above INR10k in certain areas adjoining Delhi. 'Fake addresses' seems like a new problem, but why should they be bothered if pre-payment has been received!
Old 24th September 2014, 17:46   #1870
Distinguished - BHPian

I used to be a big shopper on flipkart but have more or less stopped buying from them after hearing multiple complaints on Facebook. Amazon is usually cheaper for books and scale model cars and I have always had a positive experience with them. I used to work in Electronics City and over the last few months, the local police there used to keep insisting that the FK / Amazon / Jabong etc delivery guys not park near the gates.

The Flipkart guy would first call and tell me to come to another gate that wasnt nearby citing the same issue. When I would tell him that he had to cross the gate I was nearest to, he would reluctantly agree. More than once I went and waited for 10 mins after he told me he was waiting for me at Gate X when he was actually somewhere else! Blatant lying. On another occasion when the cops asked them to get a move on, he told a customer that since he cannot wait at the gate he is cancelling the order on behalf of the customer and he started to leave!

At the same time I had to receive a package from Amazon and while apologizing to the Amazon delivery guy for delaying him (courtesy the FK delivery guy who cancelled orders), the Amazon guy was telling me that the above customer happened to be next to him when he was told the order was cancelled. The Amazon delivery guy actually called up the Flipkart delivery guy though the cancelled order customer's phone and gave him a piece of him mind saying that every customer is important and you cannot cancel an order just like that! I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it.

Yesterday I found this posted on FB by a friend and thought I should share it
"flipkart.com delivered a faulty DELL laptop - when called Flipkart they said DELL can replace - DELL executive says: 3 months old laptop and its not registered in our name - they sold us a resold good.
If not a company purchase I would have never bought from this ***** website - I always chose Amazon.com but for company buys sometimes we let price dictate.
‪#‎FLIPKART‬ selling used goods as new"

Last edited by neil.jericho : 24th September 2014 at 17:48.
Old 24th September 2014, 18:00   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Yesterday I found this posted on FB by a friend and thought I should share it "flipkart.com delivered a faulty DELL laptop - when called Flipkart they said DELL can replace - DELL executive says: 3 months old laptop and its not registered in our name - they sold us a resold good.
Was it by seller WsRetail?

I have always trusted WsRetail and sometimes order from them even at a higher cost for peace-of-mind.

But if what you say is true, I am concerned.
Old 24th September 2014, 18:07   #1872
BHPian

My first online buy from Trivandrum is on infibeam.com. I had positive experiences with infibeam earlier. This one is still in transit for a week (courier is GATI), with an assured delivery date of 19th Sep. Today is 24th. Am not in a real hurry as this is a test buy - 600 rupee power bank.
Name:  tvm.png
Views: 1115
Size:  35.6 KB
Old 24th September 2014, 21:28   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
My first online buy from Trivandrum is on infibeam.com. I had positive experiences with infibeam earlier. This one is still in transit for a week (courier is GATI), with an assured delivery date of 19th Sep. Today is 24th. Am not in a real hurry as this is a test buy - 600 rupee power bank.
Attachment 1291944
I had a similar experience with infibeam recently for a delivery to Kochi. Ordered on 6th Sep and received on 22nd Sep. I had to call them up on 10th or 11th to remind that item has not been shipped They used to be very good earlier but now there is a clear degradation in service. Better to keep away from them.
Old 27th September 2014, 08:13   #1874
Senior - BHPian

What is with eBay?

Transaction status:
* Your PaisaPay payment was approved on 25-Sep-14
The seller is required to:
* Ship the item latest by 13-Oct-14
* Ensure the item is delivered to you within 10 days after shipping.

So according to their data, an item ordered on 25-Sep, can be delivered on 23-Oct.

In what age are they living?

BTW, the current status is 'To be shipped', even after 2 days. Item is a book. I went to eBay because I had some coupons.
Old 1st October 2014, 11:02   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Attachment 1291944
UPDATE: The package finally did arrive after numerous calls and follow ups. I expected worse, so can't say I am disappointed. Another positive thing is, they didn't ask me to collect it from their office. They brought it home. So am gonna buy again.

One question to Kerala/TVM folks here, in Kerala do you have the custom of tipping delivery boys?

Name:  gati.png
Views: 821
Size:  37.4 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks