Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 16:29   #1921
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Has anybody ordered Tyres from Snapdeal? I am thinking of ordering set of 4 tyres for my Dzire. I can see that price difference is 2-3 K for set of 4. I guess its a good deal.

I want to order -
Tyre size: 185/70 R14.
Make: GoodYear Duraplus
Price: 13400 on Snapdeal for set of 4.

When i inquired in the shop he told me 16400 for set of 4. So i can save 3000 net here. Can anybody advice me here? Is it a good deal? Is ordering from SnapDeal is a good option? Please share your experiences guys. Also suggest if any other brand for my requirement.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:45   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Has anybody ordered Tyres from Snapdeal? I am thinking of ordering set of 4 tyres for my Dzire. I can see that price difference is 2-3 K for set of 4. I guess its a good deal.

I want to order -
Price: 13400 on Snapdeal for set of 4.

When i inquired in the shop he told me 16400 for set of 4. So i can save 3000 net here. Can anybody advice me here? Is it a good deal? Is ordering from SnapDeal is a good option? Please share your experiences guys. Also suggest if any other brand for my requirement.
While buying from a shop you can check the manufacturing date on the tyre - don't think it's possible in case of an online purchase. *Could be* old stock that the seller is trying to clear off. Proceed with caution.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:54   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
While buying from a shop you can check the manufacturing date on the tyre - don't think it's possible in case of an online purchase. *Could be* old stock that the seller is trying to clear off. Proceed with caution.
+1, I agree to this. If the seller can confirm the manufacture dates of the tires, then it would be a good deal, but I am not sure if snapdeal allows you to contact the seller directly, like say Ebay does.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:02   #1924
BHPian

Well, well!

Regarding the Flipkart sale, the biggest benefactor was Flipkart themselves! Look at the publicity they got!! The past 40 odd posts have been about Flipkart alone. And did anyone actually get any Steal Deal?? Doesn't look that way.

Though they didn't sell anything they advertised, looks like a lot of people bought other things with not so much of a discount. Moto E's, Redmi's, etc. The mood set by Flipkart did the trick. If I'm not getting 90% off, let me at least get 1500 bucks off! Don't think many people would have done that if only the Moto E was listed.

Flipkart wanted to take us all for a ride n a lot of us got onto that bus!
Old 6th October 2014, 17:28   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Well, well!
And did anyone actually get any Steal Deal?? Doesn't look that way.
I did purchase a bag for zero INR(listed price was 3K), and some of the deals like I pad mini were the lowest I have seen, but there is no doubt that flipkart is the biggest gainer here

Edit: I got the bag out of pure luck, didn't spend an entire day looking for any steal deal, ordered a pair of good shoes and found the bag after adding the shoe to the cart. Hope other retailers give better offers to beat flipkart!

Last edited by giri1.8 : 6th October 2014 at 17:38.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:46   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Can anybody advice me here? Is it a good deal? Is ordering from SnapDeal is a good option? Please share your experiences guys. Also suggest if any other brand for my requirement.
I ordered a set of Michellins XM2 (175/65/R14) from Snapdeal. The price I got was around 5K less than the street price. The packaging wasn't all that great though. It was taped together in pairs using the standard brown packing tape. Although the manufacturer sticker mentioning the date of manufacture and other details were present, I expected a neat packaging covering the exposed rubber. If I remember correctly I have seen some packaging where the tyre is completely wrapped in some silver colored material to safeguard it from external damages. MRF's maybe. (I am not sure here). The packing tapes used had left a mark with the color and the adhesive on the sidewalls of the tyre.

Apart from this little goof-up(snapdeal refunded Rs 600 after I complained), the fitting was absolutely fine. I got the tyres fitted after I got done the WA/WB at my car's authorised service center (I did not have to shell out anything extra for the fitment or WA/WB). So also enquire the landing cost for the fitment of the tyres from outside and only then take a call.
Old 6th October 2014, 18:10   #1927
BHPian

I remember visiting Flip kart for checking external hard disk prices just a few days ago. And with their big sale today, I was shocked to see a big change in prices. Thanks for not flipping my pocket. Its a shame.

The Online Shopping Thread-flippykart.jpg

The Online Shopping Thread-amazingon.jpg
Old 6th October 2014, 18:20   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody ordered Tyres from Snapdeal? I am thinking of ordering set of 4 tyres for my Dzire.
My suggestion would be to stay clear since the biggest grey area is on the manufacturing date. What if the tyre they ship is on the verge of expiring shelf life? As long as you don't no the manufacturing date it is unsafe to procure tyres online. Also if not with dealer you may incur additional cost for retrofitting, wheel alignment and balancing, this will make your profit margin thinner.

Quote:
I want to order -
Also suggest if any other brand for my requirement.

For a smooth and comfortable drive my vote goes to Michelin XM2, it's really worth for the extra penny you shed.

Cheers!
Old 6th October 2014, 18:49   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What did they do with the Redmi 1S? It was available all morning very easily. Has gone out of stock now it seems.
I was referring to their earlier flash sales in which they claimed that thousands of redmi phones were sold in seconds, so people who had not even heard of the phone joined the bandwagon. Today, they did the same thing with steal deals in which most of the products were out of stock even before the sale began.

Also, as you said it was available very easily today. I find it interesting that a phone that went out of stock in seconds was available for many hours, today, even with discounts.
Old 6th October 2014, 19:25   #1930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, well!

Regarding the Flipkart sale, the biggest benefactor was Flipkart themselves! Look at the publicity they got!! The past 40 odd posts have been about Flipkart alone. And did anyone actually get any Steal Deal?? Doesn't look that way.
Although I did not get a steal deal, at around 4.00pm today, I was casually browsing and saw the moto e listed at rs1500( yes list price was 1500 not the discount). I immediately told my colleague who was on the lookout for a phone and he immediately purchased at rs1500 and got the confirmation. I was thinking whether to buy and in that time showed out of stock. Not sure if it was a genuine discount or someone messed up internally where the discount amount and the actual price was inverted. ( Rs 1500 means a discount of 5499 which is the actual sale price). In any case my colleague has got confirmation of the order. Need to see if he gets it at the purchased price.
Old 6th October 2014, 20:18   #1931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the Flipkart sale, the biggest benefactor was Flipkart themselves! Look at the publicity they got!!
I'm not really sure. Is this (which is a bit of a round-up) the sort of publicity they wanted?

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analy...ed-236765.html
Old 6th October 2014, 21:23   #1932
BHPian

What flipkart really wanted from this sale is a billion hits and USD 100 million in sales in a single day!

And this is exactly what they achieved... But in 10hrs instead of 24!

http://news.bioscholar.com/2014/10/f...0-million.html
Old 6th October 2014, 21:46   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart's sale for today has a no refund/no cancellation policy. What if I order stuffs on COD and refuse to accept the products when delivered?

Feeling mischievous
Old 6th October 2014, 22:06   #1934
BHPian

Nobody seems to have got the steal deal from FLIPKART at Rs. 1, seems like it was fake. But Iphone 5s did not sell as on Amazon (where they sold for 29999) yesterday.
Old 6th October 2014, 22:26   #1935
BHPian

By the way, Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5S were available today on Snapdeal at 26k and 24k respectively (approx.)

Not sure if they are still available at the same price.

Source: today's TOI

Last edited by Safety is Param : 6th October 2014 at 22:56.

Most Viewed