Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 17:59   #1966
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Actually, it's a really good one. One of the few good deals available in Flipkart's sale. The phone is mostly available for over 30k.

Really disappointed with the offers available after the huge hype created by them. Steal deals are all fake IMO, getting customers by putting up out of stock label just like they did with the Redmi 1s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I think it's a great deal. You are getting it at a fat discount. Even the Lumia 520 at 4,999 is a very good deal. I haven't seen it anywhere less than 6000 anywhere (at most places, it's even more than that).
Thanks guys, with a heavy heart I decided not to buy it yesterday. However this morning Flipkart sold many Xiaomi Mi3 phones and I was lucky enough to be able to order one. For now this will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Online business / etailing is all about Valuation game , all these companies are interested in increasing traffic to the site and the target is to ensure no. of bills per day / hour irrespective of achieving bottomline / margins / profits . All the multi million dollar funding is used to subsidies margin earnings .

Eg: We supply stocks to e-retailers at 25% margin and the same pdt is sold at 50-70% discount . Only companies with huge VC funding can afford such media blitzkrieg
Thats abit sad man. Won't your other b2b customers complain of unfair competition ?

Flipkart has put many actually stores out of business. Even as a customer, I don't appreciate how we got treated yesterday. It somewhat felt like poor-feeding. Was just looking for a good deal, not charity.

Infact an SD card I ordered yesterday was cheaper today! Anyway.
Old 7th October 2014, 18:57   #1967
BHPian

Flipkart has accepted all the faults/frauds that happened tomorrow, explained them, and apologized for the same, in mailers sent out to subscribers.

Hopefully they come back strong and win customer's trust once again!
Old 7th October 2014, 19:26   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Flipkart has accepted all the faults/frauds that happened tomorrow
they're going to do it all again?

Old 7th October 2014, 19:35   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
they're going to do it all again?

Sorry, yesterday
Old 7th October 2014, 20:07   #1970
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Flipkart's widely advertised "Big Billion Day" sale turned out to be a damp squib , at least for me.

I wanted to buy a tool set that was available for 550 odd rupees yesterday. Unlike the discounted electronic goods, this is not the kind of thing that would disappear as soon as it goes on sale. Yet, I was not able to buy it. The payment system simply did not work. The error messages were also highly annoying, and I had to give up out of sheer frustration.

Flipkart should put foolproof systems in place before they embark on a similar (mis)adventure in the future. Otherwise, they can simply sell every product with a decent discount everyday, instead of building great hype around one day when some items are put on sale with massive discounts (but can be bought by only a handful of lucky ones).

It was my first purchase attempt with Flipkart yesterday, and it ended in frustration.

I think I'll remain a loyal Amazon customer for now.

Last edited by RSR : 7th October 2014 at 20:20.
Old 7th October 2014, 20:30   #1971
BHPian

Sharing my experience with Snapdeal.

Ordered Newport denim size 36 for Rs 719/- on 3rd this month, also it had a Buy1Get1 offer.

Until yesterday, and the order was packed and waiting for courier guys. This afternoon, received my package via Fedex, tipped the person Rs 11/-. Checked denims are June 14 manufactured so fresh.

Snapdeal usually ships via Delhivery their own sister concern. http://www.delhivery.com/ perhaps they are overwhelmed with Orders, which is good. SD is aging better than Flipkart.

Flipkart Redmi 1S few second sale, seems was a publicity stunt, and only helped Xiaomi, also received the 'Apologies from Flipkart' email.

Happy to see Fedex in the picture now, Amazon is promising next day delivery to my city, wow, just like the USA. In my transaction above one denim price may have been picked up by SD for promo, hope Snapdeal made some money on this transaction.

As not sure if the same denim is available at stores. As with sale abroad companies usually have a different product line catering only for the sale, special events.

An example in India is Taj mahal tea 1kg promo pack for around Rs 400.

Whatever said and done shopping online is more happening than ever, and look forward to 10th this month when all big three, battle it out with Sale.
Old 7th October 2014, 21:07   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I am trying to order the Mi 10000 mAh powerbank... available for 999/-
Finally, ordered successfully in the first attempt through Mobile App!!
Got the powerbank delivered today in the afternoon. However, the MRP tag on the box was found tampered / scratched when I opened it. Not sure what to make out of it!!

Name:  ForumRunner_20141007_210616.png
Views: 932
Size:  315.4 KB
Old 7th October 2014, 21:51   #1973
BHPian

word of caution. many might know but this if for some one who doesn't know the risk of online purchase
1. Buy only from trusted websites. Fraudulent websites could see your credit card details.
2. Ensure the payment gateway is reputed and that it should prompt your bank to ask for the OTP; if it doesn't, then abort your shopping

Yeah, shopping is happiness. however, be safe.
Old 8th October 2014, 00:28   #1974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Sorry, yesterday

But it could become a tradition!
Dear Customer, we apologise in advance for the dreadful experience that we are going to give you on our site tomorrow during our special sale in which all the items with which we have tempted you will not actually be available ---or, at least, not to you--- and you won't be able to buy the ones that are due to problems with the payments system.

We do assure you of our best intentions ---at all other times. It's just that, for a happy shopping experience, we strongly suggest that you avoid our site tomorrow. We know you deserve better, and we really will do better to serve you. But not tomorrow.

Hoping that you will have a happy visit to our site. Not tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Flopcart.
Old 8th October 2014, 07:40   #1975
Senior - BHPian

A few of my colleagues who placed an order successfully for Moto E at INR 1500 got coupons worth INR 1500 after FK cancelled the purchase.

And looks like they send a mail with apology to the entire country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am glad the order did not go through for you....
LOL! This is deja vu. Awaiting the 5.5k Moto E to replace the Nokia X being used by the lady. By the way, the Nokia store can get whats app enabled on X. But its a poor phone nonetheless. I bought it after being dazzled by my Lumia 720.
Old 8th October 2014, 08:37   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Here is the letter: http://pastebin.com/sysknAfS

Seems to me this letter can be a textbook example, of how to apologize in a dozen different ways while promising only hot air and no definite changes in an attempt to sound humble and caring. See:

- we are unhappy that we were unable to live up to the expectations...
- (we) have started working doubly hard to address all the issues
- (we) will ensure that this never happens again.
- We promise to plan much better for future promotions
- (we) will do our level best to ensure that we minimise any cancellations.

And so on. Nothing concrete. All politician-speak.
Old 8th October 2014, 08:42   #1977
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
By the way, the Nokia store can get whats app enabled on X.
We had to install WhatsApp Plus which worked well but the sluggishness of the device made me realise it was a wasteful expenditure.

Btw this is the apology letter they sent yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipkart
Dear Customer,

Yesterday was a big day for us. And we really wanted it to be a great day for you. But at the end of the day, we know that your experience was less than pleasant. We did not live up to the promises we made and for that we are really and truly sorry.

It took enormous effort from everyone at Flipkart, many months of preparation and pushing our capabilities and systems to the limit to be able to create this day. We were looking at fulfilling the dreams of millions of Indian consumers through deals and offers we had painstakingly put together for months.

And though we saw unprecedented interest in our products and traffic like never before, we also realized that we were not adequately prepared for the sheer scale of the event. We didn't source enough products and deals in advance to cater to your requirements. To add to this, the load on our server led to intermittent outages, further impacting your shopping experience on our site.

An unprecedented 1.5 million people shopped at Flipkart yesterday. While we stand humbled by the sheer faith that such a large number of customers have shown in us, we are unhappy that we were unable to live up to the expectations of millions more who wanted to buy from us yesterday.

And this is not acceptable to us.

Delighting you, and every single one of our customers, is absolutely the top most priority for Flipkart and we have worked very hard over the last seven years to earn your trust. Yesterday, we failed that trust. We have learnt some valuable lessons from this and have started working doubly hard to address all the issues that cropped up during this sale.

Price Changes As we were preparing various deals and promotional pricing in the lead up to the sale, the pricing of several products got changed to their non-discounted rates for a few hours. We realise that this breaks the trust our customers have put in us. We are truly sorry for this and will ensure that this never happens again.

Out-of-stock Issues We ran out of the stock for many products within a few minutes (and in some cases, seconds) of the sale going live. For example, most of our special deals were sold out as soon as they went live. We had ensured availability, anywhere from hundreds to a few lakh units for various products, but it was nowhere near the actual demand. We promise to plan much better for future promotions and ensure that we minimise the out-of-stock issues.

Cancellations We had large number of people buying specific products simultaneously. This led to some instances of an order getting over-booked for a product that was sold out just a few seconds ago. We are working round-the-clock to ensure availability of additional units for these products and will do our level best to ensure that we minimise any cancellations.

Website Issues We realise that the shopping experience for many of you was frustrating due to errors and unavailability of the website at times. We had deployed nearly 5000 servers and had prepared for 20 times the traffic growth - but the volume of traffic at different times of the day was much higher than this. We are continuing to significantly scale up all our back end systems so that we do a much, much better job next time.

Everything that we have achieved at Flipkart is purely on the basis of our customer's trust and faith. This is why we come to work each day and continue to remain extremely passionate about building the best possible customer experience for Indian consumers. We failed to live up to this promise yesterday and would like to apologise once again to every single customer for our failure.

Thank you.
Sachin and Binny
For a moment, I thought they had cancelled the Moto E purchase!
Old 8th October 2014, 08:50   #1978
Senior - BHPian

I didn't go anywhere near flipkart on 6th. But still got an apology mail. What for? They could have filtered people like me from their email blast...
Old 8th October 2014, 09:22   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I didn't go anywhere near flipkart on 6th. But still got an apology mail. What for? They could have filtered people like me from their email blast...
I guess they couldn't do that. If I remember correctly, you need to login only at the time of checkout. You could do the entire shopping - browsing, filling your cart, applying discount vouchers etc. - all without logging in. Which means they can't tell which of their account holders had issues on their big billion day.
Old 8th October 2014, 09:30   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few of my colleagues who placed an order successfully for Moto E at INR 1500 got coupons worth INR 1500 after FK cancelled the purchase.

My Redmi 1 S is shipped but my Moto E is not. The status of MOTO E is dispatched from seller but I don't have any tracking ID and estimated delivery is Friday.

I am starting to wonder if my MOTO E order will also be cancelled.

Most Viewed