Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 11:29   #2056
BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Guys,

Bought the Samsung DV150 camera @ 5K INR (will get 500 INR cashback by Dec 2014).

Still looking for Samsung 32 GB Class 6 micro SD card deal
(since that's the best card for the In-Car 0801 Dashcam I have in my car)

I am checking this thread to see how much I can save, on the things I absolutely don't "need" to buy!

Cheers,

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Car covers at INR599/- (after 85% discount). Worth?

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/cov...ver/1389072601
Seems like a decent product. No Belts(?)
Is there any way, I can keep a gap between wipers & windshields - under these cover?

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 10th October 2014 at 11:33.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:33   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I just placed an order in Amazon for Mamy poko XXL. They are limiting it to 2 per order.
Checkout offers in Hypercity if you have one near you. Mostly they have about 100-120 off but not sure for XL's . M and L has the greatest deiscounts
Flipkart had good offers sometime back. Not sure about them now
Since you mentioned Mamy Poko Pants, wanted to know the general opinion about their quality ?
We have been using Pampers since Day 1, and it now 1.4 years.
In all these years, there have been only 3 instances of diaper rash.
Pampers easily hold stuff for about 3 hours max after which we change.

How is Mamy, compared to my above experience with Pampers ?

Also, Pampers max size is XL. Good to hear that Mamy has XXL. May be I can try a small pack ?

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 10th October 2014 at 11:34.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:47   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Since you mentioned Mamy Poko Pants, wanted to know the general opinion about their quality ?
We have been using Pampers since Day 1, and it now 1.4 years.
In all these years, there have been only 3 instances of diaper rash.
Pampers easily hold stuff for about 3 hours max after which we change.

Also, Pampers max size is XL. Good to hear that Mamy has XXL. May be I can try a small pack ?
Well we too always used pampers from day one. In between we tried Mamy Poko but felt that Pampers was better among two but Mamy Poko is also good.
But when you reach XXL there are no other options than mamy. No rashes till now.
Just in case you need they have XXXL as well

They do have small packs for 8 and 12. Try once.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:53   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Yes, same vendor. [...] But the price hike is inexplicable!
Quite strange. I'm seeing the same printer for Rs. 5250 (non-Amazon fulfilled) and Rs. 5875 (Amazon fulfilled). Screenshot attached - taken about 10-15 minutes ago.

The Online Shopping Thread-az.png
Old 10th October 2014, 11:53   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
When my kid was a infant, Mamy did leave rashes and we turned to Pampers. Lately, we see pampers does not last long since the weather is chill now. So couple of weeks back tried their smaller packs and felt it holds long. And the diaper is itself very thick when compared to Pampers.
Old 10th October 2014, 12:01   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Just in case you need they have XXXL as well
They do have small packs for 8 and 12. Try once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
When my kid was a infant, Mamy did leave rashes and we turned to Pampers. Lately, we see pampers does not last long since the weather is chill now. So couple of weeks back tried their smaller packs and felt it holds long. And the diaper is itself very thick when compared to Pampers.
We have been using Pampers Active Baby Diapers (better than Pampers Regular Diapers). I would recommend to this to others instead of Huggies or any other brands.
We moved to Pampers Pants last month. Somehow the XL Diapers were good, but XL Pants are too tight and small. So thinking of migrating to Mamy, since now I know that they have XXL and XXXL also !!!
Old 10th October 2014, 12:16   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quite strange. I'm seeing the same printer for Rs. 5250 (non-Amazon fulfilled) and Rs. 5875 (Amazon fulfilled). Screenshot attached - taken about 10-15 minutes ago.
Yes...that's the seller right at the bottom of the listings -- Super Deals 24x7 (@Rs 8,500).

I had originally selected their product because they seem to have a disproportionately large number of fulfilled orders in the last 12 months (as the screenshot shows) -- approx 8,000+ while all the others are in the range of 15 - 400+.
Old 10th October 2014, 12:41   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
Yes...that's the seller right at the bottom of the listings -- Super Deals 24x7 (@Rs 8,500).

I had originally selected their product because they seem to have a disproportionately large number of fulfilled orders in the last 12 months (as the screenshot shows) -- approx 8,000+ while all the others are in the range of 15 - 400+.
In that case - maybe the sellers themselves bumped up the price? They seem to be doing a lot of volume that it is not impossible that they have a dynamic pricing strategy. I don't know the level of flexibility Amazon's supply-side systems has, but it would be a poor one indeed if it didn't allow some kind of tiered pricing structure.
Old 10th October 2014, 13:07   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In that case - maybe the sellers themselves bumped up the price? They seem to be doing a lot of volume that it is not impossible that they have a dynamic pricing strategy.
Dynamic pricing is very much a possibility though a 35% variation in what appears to me a rather slow moving product is mysterious. If it is dynamic pricing than it would be interesting to know whether the dynamic involved is a function of the demand or of supply side cost - either way it is hard to fathom. Even products that were fastest in flying off the shelves such as the iphone and xiaomi (when launched at least) never had such a pricing strategy.
Old 10th October 2014, 13:44   #2065
BHPian

Ordered DSLR Canon 1200D with dual lens kit , 8gb card and some sort of camera bag for 26.9 K with 2.5K cashback by December 15. Total landing cost would be 24.5K which is way cheaper than minimum price of 30K OTC at local shops in my town.
Now awaiting delivery in a week and hoping that the camera would come with Canon's 2 yrs India warranty as advertised.
Old 10th October 2014, 15:06   #2066
BHPian

Is this a good deal? Will these speakers fit in Polo?

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/rock...mbo/1019315648
Old 10th October 2014, 16:50   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Uh oh... :-) This will be up on a billboard in Mumbai, I reckon?

https://twitter.com/Amul_Coop/status/520524754965393408
Old 10th October 2014, 17:21   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Thanks for replying;however, there's no "confusion" at my end. Why?

1. I am saying that the MRP on Flipkart was 62999/-

2. MRP on the box received from Flipkart is 26000/-

3. Yes, they can sell it between 23-43k as you say, or at any value between 1/- to 62999/- provided the MRP is 62999/-

4. But if they sell it at 12/13/14k saying that it's MRP is 62999/-, then we are talking about a discount of nearly 50000/-, whereas the actual discount as per the MRP on the box is only a max of 14000/-

Either the lot is different (highly unlikely considering the huge difference in MRP on the website vis-a-vis the Box) OR its an eyewash. Take your pick!
I wasn't talking of Flipkart specifically. I meant all the websites are selling the Lumia 1020 for prices above the MRP you mentioned. I am attaching a few screenshots from leading websites taken few minutes back. Can you post an image of the box showing MRP of 26k?? Saying this because the prices are more than that at most retail shops as well.

Amazon

The Online Shopping Thread-amazon-1.jpg

Amazon

The Online Shopping Thread-amazon-2.jpg

Flipkart

The Online Shopping Thread-flipkart.jpg

Snapdeal

The Online Shopping Thread-snapdeal.jpg

Cheers
amansanc
Old 10th October 2014, 17:29   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Guys,

Bought the Samsung DV150 camera @ 5K INR (will get 500 INR cashback by Dec 2014).

Ace.
Please let me know, how's the performance of this Camera. Looking at a backup for family. Just wondering, why front LCD is not popular with other Brands.

Off course, you can tilt the LCD Screen for Selfie, but these Camera's are expensive. All are above 10K, and they're bulky.

Last edited by jaaz : 10th October 2014 at 17:30.
Old 10th October 2014, 18:06   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Just see the below screen shot from Dell India Web site about Amazon India purchases.

Comments please..
Couple weeks back, I was looking for the Macbook Air. Visited Reliance digital/Croma and the authorized Apple re seller. Except a difference of ~200 bucks, the prices were same everywhere. However, Flipkart and Amazon had a difference averaging almost ~5k!! When I told this to the Croma salesperson, he said that online retailers are not authorized to sell Macs and iphones. They can sell just iPads and iPods. Not sure who's telling the truth here. Got it from authorized Apple store eventually.

I had purchased a Lumia 920 from Flipkart an year back. The phone used to frequently hang/overheat(had a manufacturing defect maybe). Then the display went blank all of a sudden 2 months after I bought it. Searched around and found a lot of similar complaints against WS retail on FK. Took it to an authorized Nokia care center and they replaced the complete phone for me and honored the warranty. Running super smooth ever since. Since that incident, I'm a bit skeptical about purchasing electronics online. Not sure if these retailers pass on refurbished items as new

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks