Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 21:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I am hearing about Landmarkonthenet.com for the first time. I checked the prices and seems to be competitive. Is the site really reliable?
Yes, they are nothing but online version of famous Landmark stores. I did around 5-6 purchases last year and they never failed.
Old 18th February 2012, 12:47   #197
BHPian

Ordered two Micro Sd cards from Letsbuy. Received only one in the sealed package. Letsbuy is still examining my complaint for the last couple of weeks . Speaking to Customer Care is useless, the agents have no clue what is happening to the complaint. Lesson : never buy 2 products in a single order, place two seperate orders. There is no way one can prove that you were short changed unless you open the package in front of the delivery boy and take his signature.
Old 20th February 2012, 09:02   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Ordered two Micro Sd cards from Letsbuy. Received only one in the sealed package. Letsbuy is still examining my complaint for the last couple of weeks . Speaking to Customer Care is useless, the agents have no clue what is happening to the complaint. Lesson : never buy 2 products in a single order, place two seperate orders. There is no way one can prove that you were short changed unless you open the package in front of the delivery boy and take his signature.
Hi Dear, even I placed a order for 2 Micro SD cars (Transcend 16GB & 8GB) on 10th Feb, got 16GB card delivered on 14th Feb & 8GB on 16th Feb. When I called customer care on 14th Feb to enquire about the same, no proper response. All I could get is "Sir, it will be delivered with 7-10 working days"
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:41   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm a huge Ebay & Amazon fan and a pretty frequent customer on both. Of late though, I had to look elsewhere for items that weren't available with these two.

Two recommendations:

perfume2order.com : Original stuff, awesome pricing and super fast delivery. Ordered on Sunday afternoon and received the goods on Tuesday morning.

shoppersstop.com : Wide range, decent pricing (lower than MRP) but slower delivery. Ordered on Sunday and received the goods today. I've had quicker delivery from small-time sellers on Ebay.

BTW, here's a 200 rupee off discount coupon if you're bill is over 1500.

Coupon code : REPMAR12
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:58   #200
BHPian

booking Hotels online?

I have had good experiences on ebay and flipkart.

Is is safe in booking Hotels online in sites like makemytrip, cleartrip, expedia, etc?
They want the full amount upfront.
expedia is now advertising on TV.

There are some horror stories on the web though, like the hotel denying the confirmation voucher at the time of check-in.

So is it safe and reliable?
If safe then which is the best?

Last edited by manim : 2nd March 2012 at 23:59.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:45   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Update : Letsbuy delivered the missing sd card yesterday.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:50   #202
BHPian

Re: booking Hotels online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

Is is safe in booking Hotels online in sites like makemytrip, cleartrip, expedia, etc?

There are some horror stories on the web though, like the hotel denying the confirmation voucher at the time of check-in.

I had use Asia Rooms for a trip to Singapore last month. No problems at all..
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:48   #203
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: booking Hotels online?

When travelling I use a site called Booking.com (International) and sometimes even for domestic travel.
My experience with them has been excellent.
They take your card details as a guarantee but do not charge you until you actually stay at the hotel.
One is allowed complete freedom of cancellation of the reservation upto 3 days prior to arrival and without any penalty so if one's itinerary is likely to change a bit, this is really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 10:59   #204
BHPian

Bought a Wifi Router at Flipkart.com , Delivered on 4th day via BlueDart. Good transaction.
Old 16th March 2012, 23:42   #205
Senior - BHPian

Re: Question: Review of online electronics stores

Guys any one experienced Talaash.com?

I am willing to buy a Serial ATA connector from the site to add an secondary HDD to my PC.

Price seems nominal at 125.

http://www.talash.com/sata-ii-hard-d...e-product.html
Old 17th March 2012, 00:05   #206
Senior - BHPian

Re: Question: Review of online electronics stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys any one experienced Talaash.com?

I am willing to buy a Serial ATA connector from the site to add an secondary HDD to my PC.

Price seems nominal at 125.

http://www.talash.com/sata-ii-hard-d...e-product.html
i have ordered many time. I send most stuff from USA to India through talaash. Each time, it has reached without any damage or issue and on time.

You can go ahead without worry. I did find some stuff which is expensive compared to other website.
Old 25th March 2012, 20:56   #207
BHPian

Hi friends i came across a website which sells all kinds of watches. The name of the website is watchkart.com. It also has COD option.

Do anyone have experience transacting with these people. Is it reliable?
Old 25th March 2012, 23:25   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007
Hi friends i came across a website which sells all kinds of watches. The name of the website is watchkart.com. It also has COD option.

Do anyone have experience transacting with these people. Is it reliable?
I have never bought anything from this site, but I do know that they heavily send spam to my email account.
Old 26th March 2012, 08:13   #209
Senior - BHPian

My attempts in e Bay always failed because of online payment. When ever it fails, I look for the thing in the market and get it cheaper than the e Bay price. So far never succeeded in my attempt with eBay. I do book hotels and tickets online and went on smoothly.Many times failed and the amount was refunded too.So I use online purchase only for booking hotels , tickets and payment of phone and electricity bills.. I did direct purchase of dell laptops twice and delivered as per promise and installed on site by their technicians.Strongly a NO for credit card purchase and I don't want to keep a credit card and if at all I will do by net banking only.
Old 26th March 2012, 09:04   #210
BHPian

I have always been buying from Ebay for many years now. I found it very reliable and also the quality was good. Also have been buying from Rediff and Indiatimes shopping and have been satisfied with the deal. However there was this one website Edeals.in which left a very bad taste in my mouth. They firstly delivered the wrong product and finally took a lot of time refunding the money since they didnt have the needed product. My suggestion is to stick to the biggies like Ebay, Flipkart, Rediff and Indiatimes shopping sites and you will be safe. Dont experiment with any of the newbies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks